Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you shun other CD's

Do you shun other CD's

I’m looking for an honest answer to this question. Have anyone in this forum ever scorned another CD or ts?

The reason I’m asking this question is because I was at a local duane reade the other day and I saw two gay men acting all girly. Like the other customers in the store I kept my distance hoping not to be associated with them. On my way out I felt like a hypocrite because I CD all the time and probably do a lot of things that are a lot more feminine than they do. Hell you can say I consider myself an aspiring woman.
    Just seeing those two guys bought out something that made me switch to my deep voice and the shoulder walk and I know as my female side I would be talking to them getting to know them.

Has anyone felt this way? If so what did you do about it?

Well, not exactually....we have a couple openly gay guys in the office, and sometimes when I see them I just want to beat the crap out of them. Not because they are gay, because they are out and accepted by society and we aren't!!! Actually they are really nice people and I wouldn't hurt them, unless they were on the opposing ice hockey team!!! Then anything goes!!! hehehe

Love Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I can't say I have ever had negative feelings towards other dressers or tgs. I have, however, had negative feelings towards gays and lesbians who flaunt their sexuality in public. For example, in the building where I had an office several years ago, the small lounge was a gay hang-out. I took some clients there one evening for a drink, and we were really distracted by the two guys one table away french kissing and fondling. Hetro or trans sexual, there are just some things that polite people don't do in public places. It seemed as though these guys were going a bit overboard to showcase themselves.

I've been really shy towards some others but not shunting - I hope I didn't come across that way! I'm just not ready to go public and well, you know
    Scottie
    You must dare to disassociate yourself from those who would delay your journey... Leave, depart, if not physically, then mentally.
    Go your own way, quietly, undramatically, and venture toward trueness at last.

-- Vernon Howard

Quote Originally Posted by wannabie
    I’m looking for an honest answer to this question. Have anyone in this forum ever scorned another CD or ts?

The reason I’m asking this question is because I was at a local duane reade the other day and I saw two gay men acting all girly. Like the other customers in the store I kept my distance hoping not to be associated with them. On my way out I felt like a hypocrite because I CD all the time and probably do a lot of things that are a lot more feminine than they do. Hell you can say I consider myself an aspiring woman.
    Just seeing those two guys bought out something that made me switch to my deep voice and the shoulder walk and I know as my female side I would be talking to them getting to know them.

Has anyone felt this way? If so what did you do about it?
    I probably would've acted the same way too. Although I dress up and head out to the bar frequently, I don't act overly feminine or flamboyant when I do. There are a few CD support groups in my city, and I avoid them as they're full of guys that enjoy having 'girl talk' and other things that I find immensly boring and lame. I enjoy the clothes and the attention I get when I dress up, but that's about it. Girl talk is boring and sucks on so many different levels, and roleplaying is almost always awkward and creepy. I might be pigeonholeing myself into a lonely corner by ostrascizing other CDers in my area, but I really don't care.

I don't think I share something in common with every crossdresser on the planet just because we all like to dress like women. That's like saying that you could be friends with everyone you see in rush hour traffic, since they all own and operate automobiles. Don't feel bad about looking down on other CDers; everyone dresses for different reasons - you have yours and they have theirs.

i have never openly declared myself a cd but i would never scorn an open cder if anything i would congratulate them. But I understand your thinking as that it could possibly associate you with them.
    Love like you've never been hurt,
    work like you don't need the money,
    and dance as if no one is watching.
    Delila

Shun them! Hell in this town you might never find'em. I'm a hard core introvert in person. So often just come across as unfriendly. Though my attitude is very neutral. I'm pretty accepting of most things but as stated before I don't like sexuality shoved in my face. Time and place for everything and if ya can't keep your hands off each other get home very quickly!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[SIZE="3"]And I was thinkin' how the world shoulda cried
    On the day Jack Kirby died
    [/SIZE]

No... never shunned anyone apart from the odd sexual predator... 'Get off me leg!'
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]

Where is the love ?

Everyone certainly has a right to there own opinion. But my opinion is I don't like to see gay bashing or TG bashing or CD bashing or any kind of bashing. We all want to be who we are and accepted by others. Let's stop bashing everyone elese. How can we be accepted as who we are if we don't accept others as how they are ?
    " I am what I am " - Popeye

Shun CD's?

Hell no. I'm usually the one who initiates the conversation. It seems most gals are pretty bashful but when you "break the ice' and show them you're not some kind of nut, they usually open up pretty well. I'm the same way with gay people. I just want to show them we're not freaks because sometimes they are not sure of us either. There is a lesbian couple where I work. I shared with them the fact I was a CD but told them it was not for general publication. We get along fine and have a lot of respect for one another. There is also a gay guy there I get along great with and he's always telling me about what he and his partner are doing although doesn't discuss it with anyone else. I'm pretty open and don't put on airs with anyone. Ericka

No shunning here.

I would like to meet some. I know there are clubs and stuff around to go to, but I am not a clubby/organisation type. Have seen a couple wandering in the shops, but don't have the balls to go up and talk to them. Maybe I should???
    [SIZE="3"]Hugs Andrea[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]'BUILD A BRIDGE, AND GET OVER IT'[/SIZE]

In New York City CDs, TSs, gays, lesbians, whatever are pretty common. Like any New York girl, I pay no attention to them. Don't think I react either especially friendly or hostile when I do interact with one though....

Erica
    For photos on flickr, my user name is cd_erica_f

In normal surroundings, malls and so on, I hardly ever notice any other CDers. Either they are very good at passing or I'm not very observant...or it could be where I live. On the rare occasions I've noticed a CDer I've carried on minding my own business, partly because of my natural shyness and partly because I don't want to spoil somebody’s day by letting them know they have been read.

I asked a friend of mine this same question the other night. And I think it has to do with conditioning. My male have is trained to be that way. So when I am out as male he takes over even if the fem side says he should nt do thoes things. I have not learned how to get around being this way. But, I am trying.

April Marie
    no matter how much love we have, we can not feel it if we are not happy inside

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting "Holy ****, what a ride!",author unknown

Women to me are gods greatest forms of beauty and art in motion.

Think it but dont say it.

On the main issue of this thread, I chat to people who are CD or TS, as long as I can talk without other people listening. I think its realy important to reach out that hand and say, "hi, nice to meet you". I cant say Ive had such an experience often, but if the situation is right then yes I like to make contact. Im going to a nearby Cd/TS support group to make some new friends.
    On the issue of people in the gay community, I do admit to (maladaptivley) becoming "annoyed" by the way gay,bi, and lesbian people are more or less
    accepted, and they do display their sexuality(andso they should be able to)
    but all I want to say is that it upsets me that people who are CD or TS are singled out as bring less accpetable. I refer to my recent call to a radio 2 talk show who were discussing children who came out as gay, yet callers on several occasions spoke negativley about the issue of crossdressing or associated behaviours, and how they acccepted the sexulaity of their offspring but (indirectly) not if they were wearing garments of the opposite sex.
    Is there someone I can speak to, in customer services, I seem to have the wrong body, no I dont have a reciept, er maybe an upgrade.....hello..???

Banned Read only
    Never. Its not like I see myself as the Welcome Wagon for girls coming out into the light, but I don't shun them either. I remember what it was like, so if I see someone who looks a bit alone and a bit asunder, then I go up and make nice. Sometimes I've made great friends, other times not. That's the way it goes.

Well Hon,
    Look at it like this you gave them space not intruding into their campy moment. No Queen likes to be up staged.
    We are infomus for our temprement don't be so hard on your self. Some of the game is being a b__ch out there.
    The posts in here and the gay scene I have been exposed to most of my life are worlds appart. Most of what I have read here the larger percentage are not gay crossdressers, So you shunning like you did is a natural defencive reaction.
    Be kind to yourself ;being the 3rd sex is got enough problems with out beating on yourself for being human,

Smile Don't shun others

A good friend and work colleague is a pre-op TS and I would never shun her. I've outed myself as a TG in her defence at work a few times recently and would do it again if I have to. If I saw another CD or TS I would certainly make the effort because to shun others to shun yourself and you shouldn't do it.

Anna x
    [SIZE="3"]I need to be on the outside, who I am on the inside[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know[/SIZE]

Well sorta ...

To be honest I can only think of one time that I've actually seen anyone (two people in this case) that I have recognised as CDers, well I assume they were anyway.

At the time I was out with my wife and mother-in-law and I can definitely recall joining in with the weird looks and comments about "they're odd aren't they".

Was quite a while ago now but for some reason that does stick in my head and even at the time I was concious of being hypocritical.

I've recently found that I'm being more vocal in my support of CDing in 'normal' (with non-CDers, e.g. work colleagues) conversation, e.g. I'm not just avoiding joining in with "that's weird" sort of things but trying to promote the idea.

I guess there's the obvious reason "one of these days you're gonna find out I do this" but I've also checked myself a few times when I've been about to act/say something blokey in front of my son. I feel he shouldn't have any bias at all and should be brought up to be totally accepting of other people.

Fiona

A quandry

There is an interesting problem here, one we should support one another as partners on a common but parallel journey, but in order to do so we probably must read the other CDer!! That may depend on the effect they are trying to achieve.

I agree that we may want to quietly say, "Good on you, and hi we are on the same path" - they may welcome and I suspect would welcome the attention. On the other hand they may not!

Isn't life full of little quandries!

Love

Simone

My Door Is Always Open

Simply said if you shun someone for what ever reason you just might be missing your next great friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Joy Carter
    Simply said if you shun someone for what ever reason you just might be missing your next great friend.
    Good point Joy! For reasons especially you can understand!

Hugs,

Bernice

I trying to be more understanding since I joined this forum
    If they said Hi I would say Hi back but if they didn't say anything
    I probably just walk by them
    I just don't have fun -- I make the fun

Life's too short........Enjoy every day

My Door Too!

Quote Originally Posted by Joy Carter
    Joy I like the way you think! And on that note a Little story. I was the one being shunned this month by Sister Cds TGs and it was very disturbing to me because they didn't even now me! It seem to be a class thing or something I can't even get an answer to. In this little tiny state of Connecticut, the T part of GLBT is so fragmented its disgusting, you would think we would all pull together. But no, Its All Me Me Me and their little groups. this is a little hard for me to even talk about, I can't remember when I was hurt so badly by any group and its caused me to question my view of the entire community.

Hugs To All Rena

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    I have discovered that I personally feel that CDing is an activity I would consider as "private"----sorta like "jerking off" if you get my drift.---nothing wrong with it but definately NOT something to do in PUBLIC.

To me, CDing in public is just like streaking or going out in public naked.---of course I would avoid a naked person in public---the same would go for a CD.

This is a recient "revelation" I had to myself---That I emotionally "see" CD as a "Private thing" which explains why I prefer to remain in the closet. And from THIS revelation, I realized that I have the same reason for feeling uncomfortable around other CDs in public----The same feeling for seeing a NAKED person-----(Something to be done in private association)

Interesting how the MIND works----my internal "feelings" sort of conflict with my "intellectual" attitude towards such things. I know its right to be tolerant and accepting===and thats the way I behave, but the internal feelings are just that--- "feelings" As I scientist I put NO confidence in nor act upon them, but they ARE interesting just the same. ---and nag at me to act in certian innapropriate ways.