Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kathy & Amanda & Penny's Pride in Toronto 2006

Kathy & Amanda & Penny's Pride in Toronto 2006

Wow..where to being.? Saturday afternoon I guess. Our house was 'get girly' central (as usual). Our friends {who are not members here} came over and got ready. We then chilled out and caught up and waited for our babysitter to arrive.

First pic should be a group photo of our 'gang'.

Second is 'cute' Amanda prior to dinner.

Third photo Kathy w/ Penny

So yes, we all piled in the crossdresser MOBILE and headed to pick up Penny Dreadful. Grabbed her and headed down to Church Street to Cafe California. Our group Xpressions always has dinners last Sat of every month. Of course Pride is a pretty special event.

If no one has ever been to a big city Pride Event...well you don't know what you are missing. Lots of cool/sexy/fun/wild and just a totally diverse crowd fills the streets and businesses. This is our 6th Pride and I really can't imagine NOT attending.

Anyway, dinner took a while as always, but that is to be expected with a large gathering and of course all the other non group patrons also ordering food. So gave us both time to order PLENTY of drinks. *Amanda and I did not drive FYI*.

We also got to meet some new people whose photos will not be posted....but it was all fun. Everyone was happy to see the beautiful Penny once again and *glowing* at that!

So dinner arrived it was great and totally delish, as always the waiter completely fussed over me!!! I dont' know what effect I have on the gay boys!!!! But anyway.....after dinenr Alexa and I walked around and saw the festivities. Sadly I think I was not read obviously walking next to a 6' tall cd will totally make a gg at a mere 5'9" in heels look like a gg! ARGH! Next year I need bigger hair!

Anyway, around midnight we all decided to head back to home base. One of the gals in our party was to open our groups booth bright an early and needed her beauty sleep.

Part two to follow.........................
    Last edited by kathy gg; 06-21-2010 at 09:33 PM.

Okay Sunday Day Two of Pride weekend!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay so Sunday Amanda and I took turns sleeping and trying to recover! Gee..you know you are old when???

Anyway, as I slept Amanda got ready in comfy-casual mode. I too decided that I was going to capri-pant and tank-top it as well. Good thing she did not take photos of my feet, I wore very borin sneakers...but I knew we would be walking a long way from car to fun....

Around 5ish we got to Penny's to gather her and head down to chaos central. As always parking was a total *******! We basically found the same spot we did as last year *and it is our secret!*.

Fed the meter and started hoofing it down to all the fun. The actual Pride Parade ends around 3pm, so getting there late seems to make things less nutty. Sometimes the non-cool people tend to gawk and make things lame, so I am always glad when the looky-loos go back to surburbia and let the fun people take back over.

We decided to eat first again at Cafe california, which was great and easy to get seated at. We were not in the mood to wait forever for a table. We ordered and since I was the designated drunkard I got to order some cosmopolitans. YUMMY! Penny and Amanda had a lvoely dinner while I figured appertizers were the best way to an empty tummy!

After dinner we began the trek to see what was happening. The Drag super stage is always at the end of the crawl but it was in full swing when we arrived. We saw a few numbers and then went to hang at a bar while the next act got ready. We did find a cool bar we had never been to, so that was kinda fun. The bartender was completely confused though...I seemed to pay very little for my chocolate martinie?

So after a bathroom break we headed back to the drag stage and saw some very eclectic performers. Got a few candid shots as well. By this time, well things were fuzzy for me.....but I am told that we had a good time and called it a night around 10pm.

Don't even ask me how I feel today... and tired.

Okay...
    first pic Amanda before we left...awww
    2nd..me and Penny and my good buddy Cosmo
    3rd pic me and Amanda well after that 4th martinie!
    4th pic the three muskateers...or is that stooges?

The Talent

1st pic: Latin drag queen

2nd photo: a cool trio

3rd: random twister DQ and Penny

I wish I had taken ore pics, but well....it jsut did not happen. Hope this keeps the masses pleased though.

XXXOOOOXXXOOO

[SIZE="4"]Very cool pics Kathy! That looks like a great time; would've loved being there. Thanks for sharing the memories with us! Olivia[/SIZE]

Aspiring Member

Smile

The Pictures are great Kathy, and so glad all of you had a good time.

The pictures of Amanda are fantastic, and just wish I could have been there. There is always another year and some time i hope to make the Pride parade

Denise

Banned Read only
    you girls look great, I love Pride here in SF, looks like you have as much fun as I do. Toronto is very cool after all.

Awesome! The group looks great! Amanda is VERY sweet!
    Uuuuhh, hmm.... do you have Penny Dreadful's contact info? She and Wenda may have plans to take over a small country!!

Great photos and thanks for the write up on your weekend. I love threads like this.

Busy single mom Penny Dreadful GG's Avatar

Egads!

Hi, everyone!

Great pix, Kathy!

I would, however, like to state for the record that I am 6 months pregnant, as opposed to 6 months overweight!! Just in case anyone was wondering...

We did indeed have a great weekend with a super-amazing group of people.

I wish events like Pride could take place on a more frequent basis - they are such fun!

take care one and all,

Penny GG

Wow Kathy...terrific pics. You all look beautiful and like you were having sooo much fun. Thanks for sharing your pics and experience with us.

<- Very jealous! Wish I could have gone, as it sounds like you had a great time! Thanks for sharing the photos...
    I am only a cross dresser when I don't crossdress!

About Me: http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...595#post306595

"I don't want the world to see me, cause I don't think that they'd understand. When everything's made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am" - Goo Goo Dolls

[SIZE="3"]www.HappyDressers.com[/SIZE] - Where cross dressers go to be happy!

Proud Wife of Danielle65 Anita Mae GG's Avatar
    Massachusetts (on the Connecticut border)
    Greta pics! Amanda looks FAB!!!!! Very nice look.

To dream of the person you would like to be is a waste of the person you are.

Great post...looks like everyone had an awesome time..and loved all the pics ..
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

Kathy, Amanda, and Penny...you rock!

Kathy -- you look super freakin' awesome! Your Saturday night makeup and hair was totally glamtacular! I am sorry you didn't get read, but I bet you had tons of admirers following you around all evening.

Amanda -- Cute, cute cute! Did I say cute? I think these are some of the best pics I have ever seen of you, and I have seen a lot! My favorite is the first photo from Sunday.....awww.......

Penny -- Girl, you are looking fine...if I had looked half that good when I was pregnant I think I would have wanted to have nine more kids! I think you ought to put one of these cool pics in your little one's baby book

Thanks for sharing the fun, you really showed us what Pride is all about.

Love,
    Marla xx
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

And if the people stare
    Then the people stare
    Oh, I really don't know and I really don't care....

--The Smiths

WOW! That last picture...the drag Queen with Penny on her left?........Well see the woman just over the shoulder of Penny...........

I've had her!

Just too cool. A ton of fun of course. The TO Pride week just rocks the city to its core. Someday I'll get back there for it.

The pics were totally fabulous. Love and hugs to all of you.

Kimberley.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

www.transgenderlondon.com

Venus and Mars are not aligned; Good thing.
    Where are all the rumballs?
    I may not soar with eagles, but then weasels dont get sucked into jet engines...

...still waiting for Penny's #. We have trouble to cause, s**t to disturb, careers to limit...

Wow, sounds like you all had an absolute blast Great pics, thanks for sharing them with us
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

Kathy, I enjoyed your account and pics of Pride. Looks like all you girls had a great time. Thanks for sharing with us. .
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

Maybe next year I'll get off my butt and go
    and have as much fun as you all did
    Great pictures
    I just don't have fun -- I make the fun

Life's too short........Enjoy every day

Terrific story! You girls all look great. It must have been a lot of fun. I am curious as to what your babysitter thought....
    Phoebe

pretty pretty princess

good times

i hope i can go ther e wheni move north soon.you all look great and definitely had fun by your expressions.good job.

All the lovely girls and I didn't get to go.

Hopefully this time next year I will be there along with everyone else. Either that or I get to be the babysitter. hehe

See you soon girls,
    Ericka
    Existence is futile.

WOW,great pictures, love them all seems you had absolutely wonderful weekend. Thank you for sharing
    Love as always Jasminexxxxxxxx

My Mothers other Daughter Janelle Young's Avatar
    That is so great. Super pictures, thanks for sharing them.
    Feeling and looking great

Jasmine and Donna

Swiss Miss