Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to everything SO PLEASE HELP ME

New to everything SO PLEASE HELP ME

Ive want to do this since I was 12,(im 22 now) as u may have seen Ive taken the first step by choosing a name. My question is what is next ??? Any help at all I would be thankful.

I guess that you will get all sorts of advice, but one that I think is very important... take it easy.

You didn't need a femme name to be able to participate in the forum... but if you wanted to have one, great!

However, you have already assumed yourself as being transgendered. Is that only to take a "label" that seems to be cool? or because you do believe you are indeed a transgendered individual? (Most may disagree with me, but I do believe that while most TG can crossdress as part of their experience, you don't have to be a TG to crossdress).

Take things at your own pace. Is is nice to feel like we belong with the group. But we all have to discover things and where they fit into our lives at our own pace and time.

Best luck.
    Gaby

We'll, I recommend a couple books....."The Lazy Crossdresser" and "Crossdress for Success"... Barnes and Nobel usually carry them in the Gay and Lesbian section or you can get them online. Also get a good makeup ook while your there.....After you read them, get out you VISA card and get ready to spend a ton of money on clothes, shoes, makeup, wig, berast forms, and 100's of accessories!!! Not an easy or a cheap hobby!!
    There is a lot of good tips here, please read the archives and search for an article about how to crossdress.. The rest is up to you, girl!! Good luck and if you need any support youve come to the right place!!!

Love Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Lil Ones "Baby" Connieminiskirts's Avatar

My suggestion.

Hi Chloe. great name!!!!!!

May I suggest you grab your wallet take yourself to Walmart aka "Wallyworld", or Kmart, or some othere type store, and buy yourself a pack of panties, a couple pair of pantyhose, and a nice inexpesive bra. Then to save $$ go to someplace like Goodwill or Salvation Army store and find yourself a couple skirts and tops or a dress or two then take them home and dress up!! Make the plunge!!

But then I have been actually buying my own pantyhose and such since I was 11! I just told people back then that I was buying the stuff for my mother or my sisters. Always got away with it..
    Today no one seems to even batt an eye, no one cares what you buy, they just want your money.

HOpe this helps, dont go all nuts spenidng money at first, buy what you thin you might like. and go from there.

There are also some cd/tg shops on line, such as, TheHiddenWoman.com, this is a shop in Reno Nv. but they ship anywhere, also GlamourShops.com, they do the same,
    Good luck, and have fun!
    Connielynn
    "Be WHO and WHAT you are! Don't ever let anyone tell you what to be! Be yourself and be happy"!

a quote from my father, the only GOOD thing he ever really did for me!

Go shopping but be discreet i.e:Go to your supermarket and buy some canned food,tampons,tv dinners,pampers,STOCKINGS,baby food.It will look like your doing shopping for your gf/wife.As for clothes,you can use a t-shirt for a skirt and for a top that can be a t shirt also.Shoes you can order online or buy at a local shoe store saying its a gift for your gf/wife.Use your imagination.
    [SIZE=1][/SIZE]

Silver Member

What to do Next

Goodness gracious Eleanor, what is Chloe going to do with all that canned food, tampons, tv dinners, pampers, and baby food??

She might just want the stockings. (well, pantyhose 'cause she probably won't find stockings in the supermarket)

Seriously Chloe, just buy the pantyhose. No one will care. Shopping at Goodwill or second hand stores is good advice when you start because, as others have mentioned, this stuff can get pretty expensive.

Personally, I feel that concocting elaborate "excuses" for your purchases only calls attention to yourself. It makes it look like you must be doing something that you are ashamed of. No cashier cares or wants to know that you are "just buying for your sister, GF, wife, etc". Give 'em the money and go on about your business.

Lovies,
    Stephenie

I think it all depends on how far you want to go? And how much you know already? maybe start with some topic's you need help in? Its a big world for us depending what you want and need its hard to find a place to start!!

But it is nice to have you here and don't be afraid to ask anything were all here to help one another!!!

Banned Read only
    Well its a nice name, and getting to name yourself is a unique part of this, so enjoy that.

Find out all the information you can, and don't belive any of it. There is no one correct theory, no one way people come into this, no one way people feel about it, no one "right" way to express it. If someone says there is, get away from them, they're nuts. So talk all the info with a piller of salt. The truth, to the degree it exists, is in a combination of all of it. And a bunch of stuff that no one has really said yet either.

Goodwill rocks. I go on regular trips to the Goodwill with both GG and TG friends of mine. You don't need to run up huge bills, though many do. Cover Girl and mainline brands are for most uses fine. No need to get the $18 Lancome lipstick.

Find a support / social group near you and join it. That way you will get to meet others, some of which will be more like you (others will not). But it can be a great help and comfort.

If all the posts here say one overwhelming thing, it is - at least to me - DONT LIE ABOUT IT - particulary in intimate relations. Why live most of your life with someone who hates it, when there are plenty who find it cute, or at least, easy enough to ignore. As one of my GFs once said "I like you would rather wear skirts then chase them." There are lots of women who don't mind, and even a bunch who really like it. Take the time to find one who does. The other road is not a happy one. Its filled with shame, guilt, hiding and all sorts of other bad stuff. Why put that in your life if you don't have to?

Enjoy yourself. Find your fem spirit in all things not just clothes. Many of the GGs I know love the fact that I think I'm Martha Stewert half the time, and love to clean. Others find cooking a very fem outlet. Just as there are all kinds of girls in the world, there is no one way. Find a path that feels right.

have fun, life is too short for anything else.

Oh, by the way, forget all that ruse when buying stuff. Stores love money. If they really don't want to serve you, why shop there anyway. Find someplace else. I've never been asked why I wanted to buy the panties at Victoria's Secret. They just ring them up and take the money.

Advice

The girls have given you good advice, Hon. Now it's your turn to go to the next step and JDI (just do it). Let us know how things work out. Love, Ericka

Hi, Chloe

I'm not sure wether to encourage or discourage you but I want to encourage. CDing is an enjoyable way to express yourself. It can be a lot of fun but can also be quite stressfull. I have been CDing for over 30 years and still get a little thrill every time I slip into something feminine.

My first suggestion would be to study some size charts BEFORE you go spend money on clothes. Even if you are brave enough to try on clothes in the store it will save you lots of time and trouble. Do some research on the net and get good idea of what sizes will fit you before you go. For instance, women's shoe sizes need to be 1 1/2 - 2 sizes larger and in a wider with. I would also reccomend that you start shopping at Goodwill stores, and others like it, until you are quite sure of what sizes fit you. Also, keep in mind that women's sizes vary greatly so don't always buy something on the basis of size alone and expect a perfect fit.

BEWARE THE PURGE!!!!! Another advantage to shopping at thrift stores is, if you do decide to purge, you won't be throwing away a large investment. (I hope you never do purge but most of us have so be warned).

Finally, don't be afraid to ask for advice here. We all need a little now and then and are willing to help if we can.

Good luck and enjoy!!!!

Actually speaking of shoes what do u suggest I wanted to go to at least a 4 or 5 inch platform heel. ALL THE TIME.

Shoes are a very individual preference. I am 46 years old and can only wear up to 3 inch heels. Anything taller make my feet and legs hurt to much to be comfy in.

Quote Originally Posted by ChloeTGirl22
    Ive want to do this since I was 12,(im 22 now) as u may have seen Ive taken the first step by choosing a name. My question is what is next ??? Any help at all I would be thankful.
    Hi Chloe

The only person that can decide what next is you.
    There are varous degrees of crossdressing from panties only to completely dressed with wig & make up

You need to find what is right for you.
    Take it slow do not rush things.
    If you are in a relationship this will complicate matters

There are loads of posts in the mtf section dealing with that.

If you think I can help more.

You are welcome to send a private message to me.
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Gold Member
    Gosh when I was 22 I thought I was strange for wanting to wear panties and nighties and things, there were no interned or hell it was hardly thought of much, a few TV stars dressed but it thought of as acting, just be a part of the group and grow in to your roll as seems fit for you, and just enjoy the thrill of it.

Advice from me. Firstly, I am 100% in favour, you will not get any doubts nor questioning from me. You are what you are, go for it! You need justify yourself to no-one.

Secondly never "purge". I have never thrown away good female clothing only items that are totally worn out as I have done with u/s male drab. I just cannot understand why some CDs do this, to me it would be like poking out my right eye with a screwdriver!

Now you don't say what your domestic situation is? Are you free that is living on your own, or do you still live with your family. If the latter and they neither know nor accept, and unfortunately most dont even in this day and age, then SECURITY must be your watchword. Ensure your female clothing is safely hidden and locked away from prying eyes, the bolt is on the bedroom door etc. If you are alone then you have a lot more freedom, but be careful at work.

Good luck Chloe.
    [SIZE="5"]Helen[/SIZE]

You have come to a great community. Spend some time searching threads, there have been extensive discussions on everything from wigs and makeup to voice and walking like a girl. For shoes, I have had good luck at payless and on eBay. I need a size 11W or 12, so my selection can be limited. I am 6'1", so I seldom wear my 5" heels or platforms in public. Have fun!

Thank you for all the advice, basically Im in NO relationship whatsoever, never was. I just want to dress and be like any normal 22 yr old girl. As my life long dream Where do u suggest buying huge platforms ? Ang a long blone wig.

There a makeup section in the forum. You should join it. It contains a ton of info.

Best of luck, hon
    &

"I've lived life on both side now, from win and lose, and still somehow it's life's illusions i recall.
    I really don't know life at all "

Rickie

Go On Line

If you know your size, you can shop on line anywhere, I have purchased some lovely items at J C Penny, good quality panties and they have a bra that has built in pocets and the size fillers you would like, fits very comfertable and looks and feels lovely. Also try Newport news on line they have some fab dresses and outfits, Good luck, and enjoy what ever choice you make.

Hugs and Squeezes Marg Lindenwald

This is definitely an interesting thread. I don't think that you should start where other people tell you to start but you should start where you want to start and a good way to figure that is to decide on your favorite feminine traits. It sounds like you have an interest in shoes and in a wig so that's where you should probably start. I personally have found ebay to be a great place to buy what I want at good prices. There's a great selection on there and some great deals.

I'd personally like to hear more about you and your history. Have you ever dressed before? What makes you want to do this?

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Everyone has given great advice so far, I only have one thing to add really and that is don't feel pressured to conform or be like anyone else you see on this forum. The spectrum of crossdressing covers a huge range from just wanting to wear a pair of panties every now and them to wanting to dress en femme full time. Some people go outside dressed, some people don't. There is no right or wrong path to take.

So find youself that nice wig you've mentioned (I've bought both online and from a store in town) get those shoes too and have some serious FUN!!
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Quote Originally Posted by ChloeTGirl22
    My advice?
    Well my advice is very simple (and I know it won't be popular here, but it's great advice)...my advice is Don't start CD-ing.
    If you've waited this long to start, your urge to CD is really not all that strong.
    Trust Me...Don't start now and you'll be much happier in the long run. 0.02

Quote Originally Posted by BlueKat
    My advice?
    Well my advice is very simple (and I know it won't be popular here, but it's great advice)...my advice is Don't start CD-ing.
    If you've waited this long to start, your urge to CD is really not all that strong.
    Trust Me...Don't start now and you'll be much happier in the long run. 0.02
    I suppresed it for many years and it was nothing more than an act of self torture and denial. Start CD-ing? It starts at conception or shortly after. Run right after it and enjoy! PS Chloe; read the Oh Yeah thread!
    Last edited by Annesah; 07-02-2006 at 12:34 PM.

Outdoor girl seeking..... Sam-antha's Avatar
    BlueKat darling,
    I personnally did not really get going in CD until I was hitting 35-40 and look on the years that I did not dress as being wasted. I could have gone most anywhere when younger...
    Chloe, as folk say, you are in a good place to learn and to be supported in and by.
    A word, be careful with the heels. Start around the two inch, get used to walking properly in them and go on up. Early mistakes in walking can be difficult to eliminate.
    Whatever you buy, get used to wearing/using it/them.
    And it is tru that the shop girls do not care what you buy no matter what the shop is, be it a supermarket or a small boutique. They want the money, they want sales and they have short attention spans.
    Just walk into one and walk around, you may be surprised.
    Be Happy, Be dressed.
    ~Samm

(Hmmm...my radar keeps going 'beep'. Why is that?)

Chloe. Your question seems odd to me. The urge to dress is usually something that is not specific and doesn't have any rules and the urge is such that you simply find your own way, whether it is a fascination with underwear or shoes. And these days on the internet you can buy pretty much whatever you want so why not just do that.

Your question suggests that you have some preconceived idea about what you THINK you should be trying to achieve. Crossdressing does not have any rules. There is no What, When, or How. You just follow your instincts.