Thread: Repost: How was your holiday?

Repost: How was your holiday?

Sorry I had to repost this but it had the wrong title and I couldn't change it. I'll tell the administrator to take out the first one

Wow, So Thanksgiving is over and we’re looking forward to Christmas. I would love to know how people spent their holiday and how they are planning for the next.
    As for me I went to spend sometime with my family (Mom and Dad) in Connecticut because (and I hate to admit this but…) it can get kind of lonely at holiday times. So I hopped on the greyhound and took a cab new haven.
    When I got there it was the usual hi, hi ,hi . blah, blah, blah, and I got to see my cousins again. At first I regretted going because I haven’t seen them in a long time but I’m glad I went. I had a great time. We talked (mostly about what I was doing and about how I should be starting a family… Yadda Yadda.. ) and then we ate.
    At dinner my cousins had a lot to say about something(s) and I felt that since they were expressing themselves that it was a good time to tell them about my other half. In some words I summed up that “ They not only have a son but a daughter and that I’ve been living part time as a woman. I told them that I’ve been CDing for quite a while and I love doing it and I’m not going to change. When I’m Andrea, I am considering having a husband and becoming a wonderful mother just like her someday and when the time is right you will have the grandkids you keep talking about. and when I’m older I will be the nana.”
    [SIZE=3]Yep!!![/SIZE] I summed all of this up in just four words. [SIZE=5]“PLEASE PASS THE SALAD”[/SIZE]. You see, this way I could confess without confessing because it was implied in “pass the salad”. They must have gotten the message by reading between the lines because the next thing that happened is, I got a bowl of greens and some carrots. I figured this is their way of saying that I needed more vegetables in my diet if I’m going to keep doing what I do; because women-need-to-eat-vegetables [get it?]. (It was a ‘kill two birds in one stone thing’ telling them about my other life and staying healthy.)
    It’s still amazing how parents still have this power over you even when you’re an adult. I figured this will be one secret I will keep from them all the way to my grave. I just can’t see myself breaking the illusion of what they think of me.
    I came back yesterday evening because I still have a lot of work to do and I took most of it home. I have a presentation on Monday and I’m really not looking forward to Monday.

Well that’s what I’ve been up to, How about you???

JoannaDees
    Very clever and humorous post Andrea. And it's great to see you back ... and posting up a storm too!

My Thanksgiving was wonderful. I had all my childeren and we were crammed in the kitchen laughing and making the dinner together. We even figured out a use for the persimmons growing in the back yard ... persimmon pie.