Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Signalling other crossdressers

Quote Originally Posted by clarisa
    if it's not obvious... then I must be doing something right :-)
    or....maybe nobody wants to say anything...

Banned Read only
    why not complement them on thier wardrobe, or make-up, or ask where they got those Ab-Fab earrings?

I'll be your Huckleberry! Sarah Rabbit's Avatar

On the right Track

Quote Originally Posted by KateW
    Hows about we all wear a badge with a television on it. Being short for TV, we could cunningly reveal our dressing habits to those in the loop, while seemingly confessing a love for electrical appliances.
    This Idea has Merit. My Badge will have a picture of my Philips Compact Disc player, open, revealing the CD....

Actually I Posted on this very subject before. Check this 'Thread'
    http://crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33747

Sarah R.
    Last edited by Sarah Rabbit; 07-03-2006 at 05:21 PM.
    Every time I walk down the street, I see every eye on me.
    Every time they look at me, I wonder, who do they see?
    Perfection in disguise,with regimes and alibis.
    The girl in the mirror , isn't the same as the girl in my heart

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Great Ideas Girls...

Hey KateW:

Great Idea...very cute and secretive..why not go to a button shop and have one made...I think the girls are right...we can start something cute here.

...Hows about we all wear a badge with a television on it. Being short for TV, we could cunningly reveal our dressing habits to those in the loop, while seemingly confessing a love for electrical appliances...

How bout a cute rhinestone necklace with the letters "cd'er" on it? Or a cute rhinestone broach with "cd'er" on it?

Or another button idea, simply showing "CD" in the center of it?

Keep these ideas coming.

Dandy

Well CD in latin numerals would translate to 400,C=100 before D=500 would be 400.Maybe something to do with that number you can show.
    [SIZE=1][/SIZE]

I seem to remember this being bashed around a bit a while back.

Some other ideas included:

seahorse pins
    butterfly pins
    dragonfly pins
    androgynous sex symbol pins
    mobius rings

I think the basic problem is getting close enough to actually see the pin or ring in detail, without appearing as a threat.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Bernadina
    I think the basic problem is getting close enough to actually see the pin or ring in detail, without appearing as a threat.
    exactly...
    all of these ideas are about as useful as a screen door on a submarine.
    fuggetaboutit...

Banned Read only
    will this signal work

CDer in the 2nd degree Mindy Jean's Avatar
    Yes, Joan, there is a sign to identify a fellow crossdresser. Haven't you seen mine as I walked through the malls? It's hung from a rope around my neck and says, "I'm a male who likes to dress as a woman!"

Gay guys walk through the mall thrusting their index finger of the right hand through the closed fist of their left hand. Lesbian girls just walk through the mall flicking their tongues out. Crossdressers like us just hang around the men's bathroom, licking our lips.

I'm glad to see that the rest of you girls have had some fun with this question and might have some good suggestions as to how we can recognize each other out in public. The ring thing sounds good. But if I was close enough to see your fingers, I think I would have been close enough to "know" before.

Otherwise, this question just insults me. Yes, there is a common sign. It's the one I wear around my neck. Yes, there is a common signal that we use. We kind of limp out wrists and flutter our fingers as we pass each other. I know that you might be new to this Joan, but don't insult my intelligence.

Mindy Jean

Quote Originally Posted by Snookums
    will this signal work
    I say flip em the bird...that oughta get some kinda reaction...

Tried and tested way of finding other CDs in a mall. Go stand at the most central point and using a bullhorn ask loudly
    [SIZE=4]
    ARE THERE ANY CROSSDRESSERS IN HERE!!!!!
    [/SIZE]

Banned Read only
    actually I thought you could spot a crossdresser by the tilt in her skirtthats a signal

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phyliss
    Yes there is: but first you gotta have at least 1000 postings on here and then you're allowed into "The Secret Society"
    Seriously, there isn't any special handshake or anything like that.
    Most people won't give themself away when in drab and if fully dressed, well....

ok ok ok .....looks like the cat is out of the bag.....yes haveing a few posts over 1000 i can tell you we do have a "The Secret Society"" Seriously, there isn't any special handshake or anything like that. no that would be silly we simply say "NICE SHOES"...........

[SIZE="3"]i dont know of any but it would be fun lol [/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Wendy me
    ok ok ok .....looks like the cat is out of the bag.....yes haveing a few posts over 1000 i can tell you we do have a "The Secret Society""
    Again...

[SIZE="3"]INVITE!!!!11!111!1!!!11theonez!1!111111[/SIZE]

[size=3]Hugs xx[/size]

[size=2]"You don't have to be fat to be a lady", Sophie 2006[/size]
    [SIZE=1]"Hey, those are nice shoes, but they'd look better in my pants! ... I mean..." Robot Chicken, 2006[/SIZE]
    [size=1]"He's just said a word we don't understand! And he's won at scrabble with it!" - Eddie Izzard 1998[/size]
    [SIZE=1]"Head over heels is fine, unless you're in stilettos." -The Beautiful South, 2005[/SIZE]
    [size=1]"Forgive me. Let live, me." - Antony and the Johnsons 2005[/size]
    [SIZE="1"]"We walk amoung you..." TransAmerica, 2005[/SIZE]
    [size=3]THREAD SUCCESSFULLY HIJACKED[/size]

Those who know me know I don't get angry easily. Shame on most of you who made light of Joan's idea. Imagine if the same insensitivity and shallow thinking had been applied to the idea of an Internet forum for crossdressers? Oh, do I have your attention now?

Perhaps there are many obstacles to overcome before we could develop a way to safely signal one another. That doesn't mean it is a bad or silly idea. On the contrary, low self esteem is about the most damaging force in the world, and if crossdressers could visually see just how common we are, IMHO we might collectively have a lot more self-respect. I can't help feeling that the most common reaction to Joan's idea on this forum has been most un-ladylike.

To Joan and those of you who had constructive thoughts to share, I sign
    Hugs,

Bernice

The thing is if we do generate some identifying mark such as say a feather in our wigs for example then somehow people wil find out what it means and the more self conscious people simply wouldnt wear the feather hence going back to square one. It could also end up that we have some series of signals for how deep into CDing a person is. Somehow it might end up being like some of the hardcore gay scenes where some guy needs to pee on somebody and chooses you cos you have the wrong coloured hankie sticking out of the wrong pocket.

Banned Read only
    I take it no one notices tilting skirts?

Even gay men rarely look towards a persons crotch that often. And besides if a CD is gonna go out in a skirt theyre gonna make sure their package is well stashed.

Sorry!

Sorry for all the problems and headaches. I was just curious.
    "Nothing beats a great pair of legs in chunky high heels"

Arent we all curious though?

Girl talk

Quote Originally Posted by BlueKat
    Good point, Erika...
    I can usually spot a CD at 100 paces. Sometimes I'm tempted to go up to them and tell them what gave them away, but I don't...
    What I usually say at that point is:"Hi Hon how are you doing?" If she is not too self conscious, she will talk to me (more so if I'm Ericka but sometimes as Rich). I usually tell them about Ericka if I'm Rich. Depends on the situation and location though. If they don't want to talk or get nervous I just tell them to have a nice day. Ericka

Joan it is good to be curios it how we find things out so keep being curios.
    Angie G.
    Last edited by Angie G; 07-04-2006 at 10:21 AM.

I just know I give out a signal. They take one look and say " look at the guy trying to walk like a girl in that dress"
    &

"I've lived life on both side now, from win and lose, and still somehow it's life's illusions i recall.
    I really don't know life at all "

Rickie

Actually, there is a "secret" greeting that CDs use to signal to each other.

Smile at them. Or say hello.

My wife and I were in a wig shop recently. I spotted a CD/TG/TS person there and smiled at her. At first she appeared annoyed, but the next time I saw her, I smiled again. This time she smiled back and we started talking.

It does work.

Rikki