Thread: Woman or person?

Woman or person?

To most of us the thought of being a woman is nice but what is it all about really? A woman is a feminine PERSON first and everything else follows, including everything physiological. The person you are inside is what counts despite what you look like. I, personally, have very strong maternal instincts which is why I talk "crazy" sometimes about having babies, etc. While I know it would never be possible, you can't blame a girl for dreaming. It's part of who I am on the inside and that is displayed in an outward way by dressing, etc. I'm still evolving as an overall person though and while I need both aspects for balance at this time don't know where it will end up really. The main thing I have learned about myself so far and what I've pretty much settled into is that I'm not a "woman" in the classic sense but more of a feminine person. It's a nice place to be really and gives me a better outlook on life, not being bound by society's "rules" on how I should act. Any thoughts? Take care, Ericka
    Last edited by Kate Simmons; 07-03-2006 at 04:45 AM.

Thoughts

Erika
    While I enjoy doing the makeup and wig thing, when going out, I know there's much more to me than that.

Although I've not given it much serious thought, perhaps there's something bigger going on here than many of us realize.

Half female, half male? A balanced person?

Maybe we are evolving into what we are supposed to be, complete people, aware of both our traits and accepting them.

The Native Americans believed that gay people were given two Spirits, twice blessed by God.

Perhaps some cds are just more aware and accepting of their other half.

Erika,

I have to agree with your idea. It sounds to me like you have been on much the same road that I have been traveling lately. I found out a few years ago that I am part Native American and of late I have really been digging into that aspect of my heritage with some very interesting results. I really believe that the American Indian religions have the best overall description of just what a tg really is and how we are suppose to be integrated into society. And believe it or not it follows your line of thinking quite closely overall.

The Indians believe that tg or two spirits as they are referred to, are a gift from the Great Spirit and should be treated as such. In fact in a lot of tribes the tribal counsel would not make any serious decisions without the input of a two spirit because they believed that the two spirit had the ability to see both aspects of the situation because the two spirit was both man and woman in one body. Some of them even considered us to be a third or fourth sex as a result of their beliefs.

Yes, I do agree that I will never be a woman in the physical sense of the word simply because I was not meant to be one. I actually see myself more as the third sex, who has the gift of being able to live in both worlds equally comfortably. And, yes I am for the most part very feminine rather than masculine as my body says I should be.

The one major difference between us that you have mentioned is in the fact that I never really developed the motherly instincts that you talked about. I do care deeply for my kids and I am sure that I would be lost without them but the idea of being motherly and nurturing to them is something that has always be foreign to me for some reason. But, we are all different and that is what makes us unique from one to the next.

Anna
    [SIZE=5]Be who you are not who others think you should be.
    May the Great Spirit Bless you in all things.[SIZE=2]
    My website: [/SIZE]
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=5][SIZE=2]http://360.yahoo.com/mrsanna_25
    [/SIZE]
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=5][SIZE=2] The Be-All Website: http://www.be-all.org/
    The National Center for Transgender Equality http://www.nctequality.org/
    [/SIZE]

[/SIZE]

Deeper meaning

Brianna and Anna, I agree with you that there may be a deeper spiritual meaning here. In fact, the last couple of years, this has been an integral part of who I am. I've been balancing my male and female energies in ways I never thought possible. Without the balance of my two spirits, I've found that my abilities do not function. That's why it's important I don't transition and remain who I am otherwise this would be lost to me. I'm not suggesting it's all about any kind of mysticism but there is definately more to it than wanting to look nice and presenting ourselves as such. It has to do with who we really are as a core person. This kind of outlook keeps me in balance all the way around. While I don't take myself that seriously as either Richard or Ericka, I do know that both aspects contribute to who I am as an overall person. Ericka

Living and Enjoying Life Kristen Kelly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnaMaria
    Erika,

I have to agree with your idea. It sounds to me like you have been on much the same road that I have been traveling lately. I really believe that the American Indian religions have the best overall description of just what a tg really is and how we are suppose to be integrated into society.

The Indians believe that tg or two spirits as they are referred to, are a gift from the Great Spirit and should be treated as such. Yes, I do agree that I will never be a woman in the physical sense of the word simply because I was not meant to be one. I actually see myself more as the third sex, who has the gift of being able to live in both worlds equally comfortably. And, yes I am for the most part very feminine rather than masculine as my body says I should be.

Anna
    [SIZE="3"]Two sprirts, love that Idea so true, I once thought of it as an addiction but have come to terms, it is a blessing, I am a more rounded person for it, though my body might be male I have more female senses and trates[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"]Life Begins When You Stop Worrying What Other People Think[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]
    Walk TALL SMILE and be CONFIDENT all will be OK
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]It's Brave to be Different, Be Brave Too, Accept Me for Who I am ![/SIZE]

Haley Pink~

Hmmm?

Since my kids were born two decades ago. I have always wanted to breast feed children and be an actual mother to them. That not being possible, I just wear my bras and dream of going to the hospital for surgery to be able to breast feed. What a dream HUH?
    Well it’s just a dream of mine. Won’t ever happen, " but to dream is to be human ". I'd a loved to have been born female " GG ".

But I clean the house and do all the things a house wife would do now. Since I'm retired and all. I dress the part and am as female as is allowable in our home. During the days it's nice as I can look more femme than when Wife is home. She does not like me wearing makeup and wigs. But everything else She is slowly getting used to. I'm trying to live out my life now as a female but not SRS.
    Haley P. Kemp

While I love the idea of the two spirits and think that there is more to the whole thing than just that. I believe that everyone is really comprised of both the female and male, it's just that some people (esp in our culture) refuse to recognize it. Our cultural upbringing has made sure of that. Guess I'm more in line with the yin/yang idea. One cannot exist without the other!

It's (at least to me) real important to recognize that we are both and not to hide it, but to be the one who we are! And I loe being me, both male and female, not really worrying about whether I'm one or the other.

Just my 2 cents
    Gabrielle -- named by my mother after my Great Grandmother