Thread: For those who wax their legs

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question For those who wax their legs

Is it worth getting legs waxed at a salon, compared with razors or delapitory creams?

How often do you need to visit to obtain a constant smooth look?

How much do you spend on treatments?

the results from waxing are much better than shaving. during waxing, the hairs are ripped from the root while shaving/depilatory remove hair from the surface of the skin. it takes several days to a week for the first bits of stubble to start to grow back vs. the next day with shaving (for me anyway). it does hurt a bit but after a few times its easier and easier to deal with. take some advil before you go if you are worried about pain. i also found that my leg hair grew in thinner and finer after each waxing. hands down the results with waxing are way better and last longer.

I started waxing myself, but got problems to reach the back parts. So, for a complete waxing I'd recommend a salon (didn't dare to go there).
    Very quickly I got tired of waxing and bought an epilator. It's almost the same result, you can reach almost every part of your body, and you just plug it in. Caution! Using an epilator can become an addicition

Unhappy Epilator

I tried an epilator a few years ago.

OUCH!!! The pain

Quote Originally Posted by Emma England
    I tried an epilator a few years ago.

OUCH!!! The pain
    Well waxing is pain too. I started with the epilator when my legs were just waxed. So I don't have to depilate the complete fur, but single regrowing hairs. That's less painfull and you get used to it.

I've tried home waxing, shaving, depilitory creams and now an eppilator. The first time eppilating is really painful! It's just over a week now and the regrowth is starting. If you touch it up daily it's only a few hairs and is not all that bad pain wise. I really like the smooth feeling and I can just get up and dress if I need to without spending an hour shaving my legs and arms and then 10 minutes double shaving my beard....then the make-up. It's a real time saver. Some people experience more pain and discomfort after than others. Make sure it comes with some sort of performance guarantee. My remington came with a 30 day one, don't think I'll need it.

Good Luck!

Sally