Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question on Pumps with Five Inch Heels

Question on Pumps with Five Inch Heels

I have been looking around on the web at some nice shoes, such as the Nine West Freda Pumps with three inch heels.

Was intrigued by a pair of Seduce classic pumps on Amazon with five inch heels. Gorgeous shoe with nice color selection. Has anyone tried anything this high and can you actually walk in them?
    I noticed that some shoes have stilletos even higher than that but they are all platform, the Seduce ones have a flat heel.
    In the end, once all is said and done, and we have exhausted the analysis, this is all about having fun and girlls just want to have fun!!!!!!!!

Yes 5" stiletto heels with no platform sole are easy to walk in but it does take some practice of you have not worn high heeled shoes before.

I agree with Candy as I have a pair of black classic pumps with 5 inch heels and also a pair with 4 inch heels. The five inch are a little trickier but I do very well in the 4 inch. I also have a pair of open-toed sandals with 4 inch heels and really love them also. Mine came from SexyShoes.com.
    Danielle

Thanks, ladies, I have never worn anything higher than a three inch heel and never had any problem in those. Usually wear inch and a half Lifestride square toe but am definitely going to go "heel climbing" and purchase a five incher!
    In the end, once all is said and done, and we have exhausted the analysis, this is all about having fun and girlls just want to have fun!!!!!!!!

Joanie, I have like 3 pairs of the Nine West Freda punps...they are really nice looking and comfy to walk in

Karyb
    If you can't wear heels, what's the sense of dressing?......

Glad to hear you say that about the Nine West Freda pumps as I was on the phone today with Parisian and they have some in my size but never made it over there to pick them up. Those are very pretty shoes, glad to know they are comfy too! Did you buy them in a store or from the web? With the openness of depart. stores, I find it difficult to shop for shoes there as I always fear someone from work coming up to me.
    Last edited by Joanie; 07-04-2006 at 07:51 PM.

Hi, Joanie.....bought them in a Nine West shop, actually. Tried them on in the store too. The store I shop at has no prob with me trying shoes in drab. One thing is that pointy toed pumps run small...I am a size 10 womens usually but took them in an 11.

i heard a good tip on buying high heels from a show on the Style channel. When you try them on, if your weight rests on your heels, they will be (relatively) easy to walk in/wear. if your weight is on the balls of your feet, they will be tough for anything outside the bedroom. after i heard that advice, i thought about all the shoes i own and she was totally right. but thats not to say i still dont wear the ones that kill. there is definitely a time and place for them

5 inchers

I own 9 pair of 5 inch heels and they are tricky to walk in at first but u get the hang of them. I recently bought a pair of 4 inch thight high boots from a shop in Daytona Beach for 20.00. This is no lie they have a few imperfecions but unless u plan on wearing them on stage the blemishes are unnoticable. I have the phone # and address if anyone wants it. It is called Judy"s Jazzy Boutique. 0.02

I finally got an avatar pix to put up. Kinda small but pretty good to start.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Nothing beats a great pair of heels...

Well, Vcutenyc, you always need a pair or two of heels for the bedroom.....

Quote Originally Posted by KarynCD
    Well, Vcutenyc, you always need a pair or two of heels for the bedroom.....
    I totally agree! some look better with the heels pointed up lol

Quote Originally Posted by KarynCD
    Hi, Joanie.....bought them in a Nine West shop, actually. Tried them on in the store too. The store I shop at has no prob with me trying shoes in drab. One thing is that pointy toed pumps run small...I am a size 10 womens usually but took them in an 11.
    That must be nice having a Nine West shop to visit. Shoe stores around here I am OK going to since you can see who all is there but they don't sell something as nice as Nine West, only the dept. stores. Maybe I will try to see if Atlanta or Charlotte has a Nine West Shop, that's probably my best bet. Thank s also for the sizing tip. I normally take a 9.5 women's but will keep that variance in mind

Quote Originally Posted by vcutenyc
    I totally agree! some look better with the heels pointed up lol
    I need to buy a pair like that.....

One more step... outside! Francine's Avatar

5 inch heels

5 inch heels!!!
    when you're 6'5" tall like me.. the only place to wear 5" heels is the bedroom! (are they suppose to point up in the bedroom???)
    Otherwise I have to watch out for doorways!

Francine
    "Flatter me, and I may not believe you.
    Critisize me and I may not like you.
    Ignore me and I may not forgive you.
    Encourage me ... and I will never forget you!"

Thanks again, found two Nine West stores in Charlotte, one conveniently located in a Mall just off the interstate that I will be on next month on a business trip. Time for some nice pumps!

A word of advice on heel height. The industry standard for measuring heel height is to measure on the inside edge of the heel, not the back. On a size 10 pump, if the heel is a 4" heel measured from the inside edge, the back will measure about 5". This is really a 4" heel. It is noted that in advertising-- good, quality or designer shoes always measure from the inside edge of the heel, thus giving a true height. Cheaper shoes, ie Pierre Silber, Payless, Fredericks, etc. always measure from the back of the heel, thus giving the illusion of a higher heel than it really is. So, those of you that are stating that you have 5" heels, measure the heel from the front edge. If it is 5" on this plane, you have a true 5" heel. If you are measuring from the back, you probably have a 4" heel.

Jodi

Quote Originally Posted by Candy Heels
    Yes 5" stiletto heels with no platform sole are easy to walk in
    As compared to what? Walking on a bed of hot coals?
    Puleeeeze gimme a break...5" heels are NOT easy to walk in.

I love for my heels to point up in the bedroom, LOL.
    Danielle

In my experience 5 inch heels are fairly easy to learn to walk in. The first pair of high heels I ever wore were 5 inches so I'm sure it will be easier for you since you've worn heels before. The first time I wore them I could barely stand up and I wondered how anyone could walk in high heels. By about the third or fourth time I wore them I was able to walk pretty well. Now 5 inch heels feel completely natural to me.

One thing that makes a huge difference is the angle of the foot from the heel to the sole. I have two pairs of 6 inch single sole heels. They're both made by the same company (Ellie) and the heel height is exactly the same but one pair has a very steep angle (the distance between the heel and back of the sole is very small) the other has a less severe angle. I can walk in one pair but still haven't mastered walking in the ones with the steeper angle.

Another important factor is the style. Sandals are easier since they don't put pressure on the toes like pumps. I've found I need to buy a size larger in pumps otherwise they can put too much pressure on my toes to be comfortable.

3 inch for me for comfort all nite long

walking?

hey luv, i don't think that anything over three inchs is made for walking or dancing...mostly just standing around and looking sexy!!

ohhh...and be verrrry careful going down stairs!
    [SIZE="2"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]Big Hugs!
    Ash
    [/SIZE]

When's the last time you saw a gg wearing 5" heels...I don't get it.

One more step... outside! Francine's Avatar

5 inch heels on a gg

In the bedroom!

Francine
    "Flatter me, and I may not believe you.
    Critisize me and I may not like you.
    Ignore me and I may not forgive you.
    Encourage me ... and I will never forget you!"

Living and Enjoying Life Kristen Kelly's Avatar
    [SIZE="3"]The "Market" for 5" heels Crossdressers and exotic dancers, If I can't dance in them I don't need to have them.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"]Life Begins When You Stop Worrying What Other People Think[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]
    Walk TALL SMILE and be CONFIDENT all will be OK
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]It's Brave to be Different, Be Brave Too, Accept Me for Who I am ![/SIZE]

I'm 5-7 tall if the shoe gets my heel 4'' off the floor thenI'm happy it works for me.
    Angie G.