Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: In a predicament

Platinum Member
    Karren no need for pitchures........ no need for proof ....... no need for anything at all .... we are who we are that simple ........ for some the need to have the light shine brightly is every thing .... and thats all good ... that's all fine.... the only thing some one realy needs is to be happy in who thay are ..... no need for any thing .... this is me.....

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tammy Marie GG
    Thank you Dana!!!
    NOTHING should take presidence over your OWN CHILDREN........NOTHING.
    Tamm, I'm afraid that parents regularly make decisions in their own interest, take actions or just do stuff that takes precedence over their own children.

Fiona xx

Quote Originally Posted by Brianna Lovely
    Karren, why not do both? giggle
    Share the driving, then check into your motel. Change into Karren and take your son out to dinner.Ok, I'm ducking now!
    Yeah...you need to duck, because that was a dumb, dumb, comment.

Quote Originally Posted by FionaAlexis
    I just love this sort of glib forum advice and the automatic conclusion without any further information that there is only one right and proper option.
    In this particular case, there is only ONE option.

Business trip

I would take my son with out a dought. I hope that the choice you where going to make was the same, just my opinion.
    Hugs
    PD

Karen, three pages of posts and no-one has asked the most important question - what size dress does your son wear?

Wombat

think about it. Karen's no dill.
    I'm not mad - that's just a rumour started by people who don't understand the interesting contradictions of my character

Karren, you would have stirred folks up a bit less if you had worded your initial post a little differently. If, as you said, family comes first for you and you really intended to take your son along all along it would have been better to finish up your initial post with:
    "I know what I plan to do in this case. What would you girls on the forum do in similar circumstances?"
    That would have made it clear you just wanted to see the trend of thought on the subject and were not truly looking for advice on what to do.
    Phoebe

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueKat
    In this particular case, there is only ONE option.
    That's because you, and just about everyone else, is focussing on the emotive 'crossdressing versus family time' issue rather than the purpose of the trip.

Fiona xx

That's because you, and just about everyone else, is focussing on the emotive 'crossdressing versus family time' issue rather than the purpose of the trip.

Fiona xx
    S*** happens in life and sometimes we just have to decide what's more important -- being selfish and brushing off your child or appreciate the fact that there are only a limited number of days when we can share time with them before they set out onto their own lives.

It's a no brainer.

Proud Wife of Danielle65 Anita Mae GG's Avatar
    Massachusetts (on the Connecticut border)

Fiona xx
    The PURPOSE of the trip is BUSINESS! Everything else is OPTIONAL. But the question is does Karren want to utilize the time to dress or spend time with her child...............

To dream of the person you would like to be is a waste of the person you are.

Banned Read only
    1000 watt subs??? I hope he brings all his rap music with him, he he he.

I have a NWA board tape that will make ears bleed in the car next to you, perhaps I should file share it with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoebe Reece
    Karren, you would have stirred folks up a bit less if you had worded your initial post a little differently. If, as you said, family comes first for you and you really intended to take your son along all along it would have been better to finish up your initial post with:
    "I know what I plan to do in this case. What would you girls on the forum do in similar circumstances?"
    That would have made it clear you just wanted to see the trend of thought on the subject and were not truly looking for advice on what to do.
    Good point, Phoebe. But then again engineers have never been good at comunicating. The question was what would someone else do.. I was already planning on taking him.

So I'm stupid...

Love Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Gold Member
    Hey you got every one all fired up I love it

Personally i dont see what all the confusion was over. It was obvious what Karren wanted to do and that she was only asking what others would do themselves. Still at least everyone is calming down a tad now. I was gonna put on some easy listening to calm down the mood but i dont think i need to now. Thank god. i hate that stuff. i'll stick on my Xzibit albums instead. Yay rap music.

In a predicament

Dear Karen,

Quality time with your son is priceless. When I'm in the USA some time we might make a girly quality trip. Love you for being naughty.

Lotte

Family should come FIRST over CD-ing every single time.
    If you disagree with this, get your priorities straight. End of Discussion.

Banned Read only
    If the reason for the trip is business, then that leads to the question of what you do with the kid when your down the mine shaft. I'm sure they don't let minors mix with miners - the insurance risk is huge.

And I think that Karren was just sort of asking a general question, since I'm sure the mind was made up before the post was made. She seems level headed enough for someone who types on her Blackberry (which a lot of my friends call a "CrackBerry") at 70 MPH and then goes down mine shafts. I'm sure she has this one called right, no matter what her call was.

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton
    So what do I do,

1) make up some small fib and let Karren have some fun

or

B) take the son and have some quality family time?

I think I know what I’m going to do but what would you do in this situation??

Love Karren
    Notice the bits in bold? Karren did ask the question because she 'thinks' she knows what to do about it..... then asked another question what you would do. Sorry, but I see 2 different questions here, the first one 'so what do I do', sounds like you already decided by telling your wife 'we'll see', if you wanted to spend quality time with him, you would have said yes and never asked that question on the board in the first place. The second question, was you hoping to ease your conscience? hoping a few would say 'go as Karen' ??
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

Actually the questions and way t was said were most likely intended to place that element of doubt in our minds so we might question ourselves a bit more. Also the whole we'll see thing should be considered a little more. After all it has been asked what would Karren do with her son while there. Perhaps the whole we'll see that was said to Karrens wife was more likely meant as a sure once i check that he will have something to do.

Uhhhh. You take a child on a business trip??? Does your employer condone this sort of thing? Is he covered by insurance???? Think again.

Driving lessons? Take him out on the weekend and go where he is going to encounter multiple situations not point and go on an interstate.

Kimberley.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

www.transgenderlondon.com

Venus and Mars are not aligned; Good thing.
    Where are all the rumballs?
    I may not soar with eagles, but then weasels dont get sucked into jet engines...

Let me say this about that

Karen I have read enough of your posts to know you'll do the unselfish thing.You may question this in your mind, but I am sure it is settled in your heart.
    Is this a trick question for you to size us up with. I ask because this seems so unlike you. Can you tell I idolize you

Proud Wife of Danielle65 Anita Mae GG's Avatar
    Massachusetts (on the Connecticut border)
    Tamm, I'm afraid that parents regularly make decisions in their own interest, take actions or just do stuff that takes precedence over their own children.

Fiona xx
    Well they are then selfish....regardless of cding or not.

To dream of the person you would like to be is a waste of the person you are.

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tammy Marie GG
    The PURPOSE of the trip is BUSINESS! Everything else is OPTIONAL. But the question is does Karren want to utilize the time to dress or spend time with her child...............
    Yes, that’s right.

Presumably ‘business’ which means that a significant part of the trip time will be devoted to work and possibly the son will left alone for that time. Is this what you all call ‘quality’ time? Also it's not a simple choice between 'me time' and 'family time'.

I don’t know if there are any corporate or insurance issues about being driven around on a business by your learner driver son?

The secondary purpose of the trip is driving supervision and even driving instruction. I don’t know enough about Karren or the son to say whether or not that is a good idea. Karren may be a brilliant at it – patient, confident etc. etc. Or she may be like my own father quite capable of teaching umpteen friends to drive – but nervous, anxious and impatient when instructing his own child.

Being driven by a learner requires far more concentration than being driven around by an experienced driver. I don’t know the distances involved and I don’t know how the driving will be shared or what distractions will come into play.

So I don’t think I’m in a position to say which option is appropriate. But ‘B’ is the safest.

If all parents put there children first then there would be no day care, no after school care, no need for baby sitters or boarding schools. And that great US institution the summer camp – would be a big question mark.

If parents put their children first then I doubt they would never move house to another area and divorce between parents would not exist and any family law legislation would be much simpler than it is.

Fiona xx

Once gone, it is gone for good

They grow old too fast. I am a father of two who have left the nest with one having left the state and now lives a four hour flight away. Sure I can dress a lot more now with the house empty during the day except for the summer, BUT I would sacrifice Miranda in a second if I could have my child home or even closer to me so I could spend more time together. Don't let it go by without taking the time to spend it together. Please don't. It is just too precious a gift.
    [SIZE="1"]Hopefully coming to grips with getting older[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]http://360.yahoo.com/randi_789[/SIZE]

Question damn !!!!

something so simple, yet so complicated........
    by the way, what is your son going to be doing while you take care of business? crossdressing??????
    "I DREAM TO BE THAT ONE DAY I WILL BE"