Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Your Name

Post Your Name

I wonder sometime, where or why people get their names from, that they use here or when they are dressed..I know some are names from their real name .....James->Jamie
    but I;m sure some has a great story with the name....do tell.Also are you using the name that you use when and if you do go out...I do.
    Last edited by Dee 1062; 07-26-2006 at 05:15 PM.
    Dee Dee

Sorry no great story here
    I was just in a hurry when I joined this forum
    I just don't have fun -- I make the fun

Life's too short........Enjoy every day

Although my online name is DayTripper, I often answer to Stephanie. It's an appropriation, the name of this marvelous woman I knew when I lived in Florida. She was the first person I ever told, we had a brief romance before real life concerns intervened. She was a skinny hippie chick, didn't need a bra at all, superlong hair - the toughest, sexiest female I ever met. So, a tribute if you will.

Mine is a tribute too. Respecting that wonderful loveing woman who was my day care provider between ages 2 and 5. I miss Annie very much.

Femme Name

I use Darlene,a character in cartoons that used to be in Cosmopolitan Magazine. Rochelle is my mother's middle name. I have been an avid Cosmo reader for 30 yrs.

ummm, was given to me by by SO, she said rose suited me, cause sometimes I was thorny

Is it just me or......... Carroll's Avatar
    Actaully, I didnt even come up with Carroll. I was dressed ans was trying to come up with a name. Like a lot of girls I first thought of a variation of my real name, Chris. Every name I came up with, my wife said no. She looked at me and said "your are a Carroll" and that was that. As for the last name I use in my articles, Acahti, well that took a bit to come up with. Ithaca spelled backwards

Carroll
    Drumming, My other hobby

[SIZE="4"]I chose Olivia for a couple reasons. There is a lady in my hometown named Olivia and she was always so pretty and well-groomed; actually, she still is. She was very elegant (not that I am in the least, lol) and I actually dated her daughter for a while, so I was around her a bit. I admired her and her name. The other reason is I am a fan of Pauline Reage's classic novel, "The Story of O". I loved the book and liked how the heroine only used "O" for a name. I also thought I could shorten it a bit to just "Livia" or even "Liv", but I never do. That's one of the coolest things about cding to me. We have a chance to remake ourselves and choose our own name as well! Olivia[/SIZE]

Wanda was taken, as was Vanya, whichwas the way my Economics 101 prof (from India) pronounced Wayne. There were three Waynes in that section. Our other cousin, Polly, Polly Darton, just shows up at the most inappropriate times, flashing her long blonde hair, and her big boobs, and mushing that fake Southern charm on everyone. Just makes us embarassed to even be related.

I use Sissy in pink because my favourite colour is pink and sissy because I love to be a real sissy.

Just A Girl Next Door
    I chose Jessica for just the opposite reason: I didn't know a Jessica (and I guess I can't stand competition!). Hyde is the old cliched Dr. Jeckyll and...Ms. Hyde???

Slightly childish ...

The Dreamworks film Shrek has the character Princess Fiona which I used once as an IM ID before I got into the CDing (obviously had that secret desire to be a girl even then).

Liked Fiona as a fairly normal girls name so it stuck, dropped the "princess" bit and, for the ID, added "boots" for fairly obvious reasons.

The full girlie name I go by involves a translation of my real surname as well - one of those really obvious things that you secretly hope people will figure out so you can be completely out
    Fiona

---
    Does my bum look big in this?

http://uk.360.yahoo.com/fionasboots

Lisa would have been my female birth name... Lisa Maria to be exact.

Golightly comes from Holly Golightly in Breakfast at Tiffany's. Was always a big fan and I identified with Holly's fun packed emptiness... It was kind of like my own life in my roaring twenties
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]

Becoming More Me Jessica Brekke's Avatar
    My wife and I sat down one night to pick a name for an e-mail account I could use when ordering things off line. We came up with a lot of names, Amanda, Kelly, Renee... but I kept coming back to Julia. Finally, she said, 'I think you want to be called Julie,' and after thinking about it, I agreed. So: Julia Renee it is.
    Never underestimate the value of a good pair of flats and a well-fitting bra.

~Jessica~

It's related to a name I use for my music. Since it's a royalty based name, I wanted a name associated with royalty. I wanted to be named Victoria, but a friend of mine talked me out of it. She suggested Antoinette, but I really hated that name. Too French for my tastes. So we settled on Regina, which was a latin word that literally translates to "queen". Coincidently, Queen Victoria was also known as Victoria Regina, so I still get to be called Victoria when I want to be.
    Hail Satin!

My name is me poking a bit of fun at the evils of my actions:

hell in a handbasket
    -> ell ina ambaske (psuedo Cockney accent)
    -> Elena Ambasce (ignore the fact that the "sc" is a "sh" sound in the proper pronunciation)

What's double fun is that the Italian "ambasce" means "anguishes"... Rare (and fortunate) is the girl whose transgender desires haven't brought her some measure of anguish...

hmmmm

I chose jessica/jesse because it's nicer than joanie, like i was called when i was younger by my mom!

Name

Wrote name combinations in a notebook about 20 years ago. I'm now on my third combination. Ericka

where I got my name

I took my name from one of my favorite cousins. My siblings , in order are, older brother, older sis, me and younger brother. My cousins are just the opposite, older sis, older brother, her, and younger sis. All us kids are close in ages, so Terri and I felt sort of overlooked being the middle kids, so we were pretty close growing up. I just felt it was natural to kinda borrow her name, I dont think she would mind at all.

Terrilynn
    "The hardest to learn is the least complicated."-----Emily Saliers

My name

I chose my name as that's what my mum and dad were going to call me if I'd been born a girl. I use my own last name. Nothing more than that to it although I like the name Caroline. It suggests sweetness! lol

Once man, always woman. Sharon_Rose's Avatar

From my mother....

My mother used to tell me [when I was a small child] that the doctor had told my dad and her that I would be a girl. She picked the name Sharon Rose. Surprise...I wasn't a girl outside but I was one inside. I have gone through a couple of other names but I eventually went home.

:be: Sharon Rose

Formerly Natalie Lynn Tracy Lynn's Avatar
    Got mine from Mom at birth. Just changed the spelling a little.
    Love Ya, Tracy

"Like the sky opens after a rainy day we must open to ourselves.... Learn to love yourself for who you are and open so the world can see you shine." ~James Poland

New England, Mass, Lowell, north of Boston 1/2 hour

had a few

Ive been, Erika, Paulawanna, and a couple more I forgot but Ava is easy to remember and type but most of all, it has a nice RING to it, to me anyway's

the ring is from the Church ringing Ava Maria
    Last edited by ava_bruna; 07-27-2006 at 06:41 PM.

choosing a name

Choosing a name was fairly simple for me. I wanted something very feminine which also had significance to me. So I borrowed the names of the two most signifiacant women in my life; Carol for a woman whose life was cut short in terrible plane crash and Anne for the woman I married who also had her life shortened accidently. Every time I dress I can think of them and silently say a silent thank you for being in my life

Smile

I chose the name Anna as it was a name that I'd always liked when growing up.

Anna x
    [SIZE="3"]I need to be on the outside, who I am on the inside[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know[/SIZE]