Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Your Name

I chose my name from an old high school friend. I had always liked the way Rachel sounded and Elaine is what I would have wanted my middle name to be if I was born a girl.
    Why is it everyone expects us to explain to them who we are? Isn't it enough of a privilege for them to have us in the world?

Leslie is my real (middle) name!

Gown and Dress Lover Tiffany Anne 9954's Avatar

My Name

My femme name was easey for me to choose.
    Tiffany---I allways loved that name even when I was young
    Anne---St. Anne---Anne Of Green Gables (legendary canadian character)
    9954---a unused Canadian Pacific railroad number at the moment (based on my railroad interest and hobby)

My Name

I didn't choose my name, my wife did. After seeing me dressed she said "you look like a Cassandra". Myself I like Cassandra LITE, soo Cassy it is!

I'll be your Huckleberry! Sarah Rabbit's Avatar

The Pain The Anguish

After pondering for a few days, Sarah kept coming back to me. I later found out my Grandmother was named Sarah. I was supposed to be Sarah A. on this site but I mucked up the Registration Process and was unable to rectify it. My Chinese birth sign is a 'Rabbit', so I took it as my Forum name and have been having fun with it ever since (giggle)

Sarah R.
    Last edited by Sarah Rabbit; 07-07-2006 at 01:18 AM.
    Every time I walk down the street, I see every eye on me.
    Every time they look at me, I wonder, who do they see?
    Perfection in disguise,with regimes and alibis.
    The girl in the mirror , isn't the same as the girl in my heart

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

my name was given to me at birth by mom....one thing I know of that she did right.. I think there may be something to the saying " moms know "

CDer in the 2nd degree Mindy Jean's Avatar
    Hey Dee,

That's a very good guestion. And I guess it deserves some honesty. Sure, it's easy to change your name from chris to christy, but what if you are like some of us that are so unfortunate to not have an easily exchangeable name? I won't give you my real name, but I know the "root" of it is conrad. So I guess connie would be about right. Now that I think about it, it's funny, but I actually dated a girl named connie!
    My name is from the first girl that broke my heart. Her name was Mylinda Jean, but we all called her Mindy.Therefore Mindy Jean. She had the most beautiful brunette hair and I guess I have always been trying to acheive the look that she had. She had nothing to do with crossdressing, I was well into it before I met her! But out of all of the girls that I had met to that point, she was the one that I most admired and tried to immulate.

Good question, Dee! At least it got me to thinking!

Min
    Last edited by Mindy Jean; 07-07-2006 at 01:49 PM.

When I started writing TG fiction/erotica I needed a pen name and separate email account. The pen name I chose, Donna Williams, belonged to a next door neighbor of mine back in the 60s-70s. Then, when signing up for an email account, I added TvTg to Donna, something easy to remember and not long.

When signing up for my first forum I shortened it to DonnaT, again easy to remember and not long.

On one forum, Rose's, I had to use DonnaTvTg because someone else had already taken DonnaT, even though she didn't post using it, which is good since folks from there wouldn't confuse us on other forums such as this one.
    DonnaT

i needed a name to register for one of my first online profiles and had to come up with something quick. I chose Christine b/c that was the name of a girl in my office I thought was very attractive and my confirmation name is Christopher. I didn't put a lot of thought into it. It's stuck ever since even tho think about changing it now and again.

Where I used to live in my childhood -- where I first declared "I want to be a girl!"

literally...

How many times has this topic turned up!!?

[size=3]Hugs xx[/size]

[size=2]"You don't have to be fat to be a lady", Sophie 2006[/size]
    [SIZE=1]"Hey, those are nice shoes, but they'd look better in my pants! ... I mean..." Robot Chicken, 2006[/SIZE]
    [size=1]"He's just said a word we don't understand! And he's won at scrabble with it!" - Eddie Izzard 1998[/size]
    [SIZE=1]"Head over heels is fine, unless you're in stilettos." -The Beautiful South, 2005[/SIZE]
    [size=1]"Forgive me. Let live, me." - Antony and the Johnsons 2005[/size]
    [SIZE="1"]"We walk amoung you..." TransAmerica, 2005[/SIZE]
    [size=3]THREAD SUCCESSFULLY HIJACKED[/size]

A girl named Sherry was my biggest unrequited childhood crush ... years later I realized that I didn't just want to be *with* her, I wanted to *be* her! So now as an adult CD, I get to act out what it might be like to be Sherry.

My neighbor a few years back come up with mine. I'm still in the closet but I let my neighbors on both sides find out about me. Of course that was before moving. One of my neighbors caught me once... well actually, I went outside when she got home... not really catching me, lol. Anyway, we were talking and she asked me what my name was... this is something I thought about but to no avail. She requested Jasmine, so there it is. "R" is the first initial of my last name.

DeeDee

Quote Originally Posted by Sherry_CD_NJ
    A girl named Sherry was my biggest unrequited childhood crush ... years later I realized that I didn't just want to be *with* her, I wanted to *be* her! So now as an adult CD, I get to act out what it might be like to be Sherry.
    Wow, someone after my heart, Same here,I still think of Dee Dee..
    Dee Dee

I chose KateW because Dee 1062, Barb43210, DayTripper and Annesah were already taken, but thankfully my 5th favourite choice was still available!
    I am only a cross dresser when I don't crossdress!

About Me: http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...595#post306595

"I don't want the world to see me, cause I don't think that they'd understand. When everything's made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am" - Goo Goo Dolls

[SIZE="3"]www.HappyDressers.com[/SIZE] - Where cross dressers go to be happy!

Karren is a single letter deviation of my birth name and Hutton is my mothers maiden name...... And it's always been Karren in the back of my head, every since I was a little girl lol.....

Love Karren
    Last edited by Karren H; 07-06-2006 at 10:16 PM.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

One more step... outside! Francine's Avatar

my mother

My mother gave me my name "Francine". I'm not sure she was aware of it, but one time she told me she was going to name me "Francine" if I was a girl. When I started dressing, I remembered that, and been using it for my fem side since.

Francine
    "Flatter me, and I may not believe you.
    Critisize me and I may not like you.
    Ignore me and I may not forgive you.
    Encourage me ... and I will never forget you!"

Not so new... well sorta GINA-CD's Avatar
    Gina came out because it has something to do with the greek word GYNOS.

"Gynos" means "woman" in the specifically female sense, hence words like "gynecology" for the medical field specializing in the female reproductive system and "androgyny" for a person exhibiting both male and female traits.)

Besides, Gina was the name of a friend's sister I liked very much but she was obviously bigger than me, so never happened there.
    I'll be ready when I'm ready

A man's got to do what a man's got to do. A woman must do what he can't.Rhonda Hansome

Theres no time to lose, I heard her say
    Catch your dreams before they slip away
    Dying all the time / Lose your dreams
    And you will lose your mind. / Aint life unkind?
    Ruby Tuesday, The Rolling Stones

Alissa means Truth. I like the Y better.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimberly
    ...How many times has this topic turned up!!?
    More times than I can count

Anyhow, was thinking about my name, went to bed and woke up knowing that I wqas Debbie....simple as that
    Gabrielle -- named by my mother after my Great Grandmother

Banned Read only
    I chose the name Angela when I was a child.
    I think it was because the first two letters are
    the same as my own name.
    I added the XX not for any air of mystery, but
    because there was another girl called Angela already here
    when I joined the forum, and I thought XX would look
    like two kisses, one on each cheek, as in mmmwah! mmmwah!
    An afterthought.
    Although my mother was totally supportive of my crossdressing
    she would never refer to me as Angela, she always without
    exception called me by my full first name, no shortened versions,
    never.

I chose the first name of my fem-self from an actress (Olivia Newton-John) in the movie “Zanadu.” She was a muse.
    The last name is a derivative of a name from my family tree, which also means fake. I write the name sort as if it were French, which I am not either. Therefore, I call my fem-self Kira DeRide.

Win Der Mere

Originally Dalesman, which was a nom de plume I used in business, and which was quick and convenient when I registered, but not at all feminine, I changed it to Win Der Mere.

1. A school friend's Mum, whom I found totally alluring was Win.
    2. I live near Windermere
    3. DER was ( a long time ago ) a Uk TV rental company
    4. Mere has a sort of motherly feel to it
    5. There are lots of potential variations on the "Win" theme, eg. : "lose", "winj","wink", "win der" etc.
    6. Nobody else has anything like it ! ( that's me ; a one-off )
    7. Being a classy lakeland lady I needed a classy handle.
    8. Bull-shit was always a speciality.

Win
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Long Lakeland Legs

In Finland they don't use sexed words. So Han I belive refers to both male and female. Also, failing that it means 'half' in Japanesse. Plus I am a uber sci-fi geek. So I can't go wrong really.
    Zara

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." Albert Einstein

I named myself after the first girl I ever had a crush on way back in the fourth grade...I grew up and went to high school with Michelle. I think I saw in her everything I wish I could see in myself...I only wish that I could someday tell her just how special she has always been to me.
    "poor is the man whose pleasures depend on the permission of another." Madonna "Justify My Love"

I just liked the name Veronica. No other reason. It has nothing to do with my real name.