Thread: Hand Washables

Hand Washables

All of my unmentionables and most of my outer wear are hand wash only. I have run out of places to dry them on wash day. I use to wash what I had been wearing as soon as I took them off out os nessesety. I have such a large array of undies and such I put the wash off untill I can have a grand time playing in my underwear drawer.Now I have no space to dry them. It has come a long way from several items over the backs of chairs and the couch. Do any of you use clothes racks for drying your hand washables ?

Banned Read only
    Deep South, the land of Magnolia trees, Mint Juleps on the verandah ,hoop skirts & antebellum homes.
    they can be dried in your dryer, if you have a "delicate" or "air only" cycle.

[SIZE=4]I just peg em out on the line in the garden - cobblers to the neighbours.[/SIZE]

I used to hand wash my undies but now I just put them on delicate and they come out just fine!

Quote Originally Posted by Toni
    [SIZE=4]I just peg em out on the line in the garden - cobblers to the neighbours.[/SIZE]
    woo!! That's what I've done ^_^

[size=3]Hugs xx[/size]

[size=2]"You don't have to be fat to be a lady", Sophie 2006[/size]
    [SIZE=1]"Hey, those are nice shoes, but they'd look better in my pants! ... I mean..." Robot Chicken, 2006[/SIZE]
    [size=1]"He's just said a word we don't understand! And he's won at scrabble with it!" - Eddie Izzard 1998[/size]
    [SIZE=1]"Head over heels is fine, unless you're in stilettos." -The Beautiful South, 2005[/SIZE]
    [size=1]"Forgive me. Let live, me." - Antony and the Johnsons 2005[/size]
    [SIZE="1"]"We walk amoung you..." TransAmerica, 2005[/SIZE]
    [size=3]THREAD SUCCESSFULLY HIJACKED[/size]

painfully slow seamstress mudanjel's Avatar
    If you do choose to handwash your *unmentionables* (that sure get mentioned a lot in here ), I've seen a hanger with a ladder-type rack, so to speak, coming down from it...it holds a lot of undies and stockings and you can hang it off the shower head. Very efficient!
    [SIZE=3]~~Lilly~~[SIZE=2]between TBN and Metallica~~[/SIZE][/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]**I'm supposed to be sewing** [/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]~~check out my Plus-Girl Swishy Taffeta Dress in the classifieds! (24W)~~ [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]*PM me if you need a chronic pain buddy* [/SIZE]

I use a wooden clothes horse which can be collapsed for easy storage, it gives you lots of drying space.

there is a rack for specifically drying lingerie. it looks like an upside down umbrella and hangs in your shower. i've seen them in Bed Bath & Beyond

Banned Read only
    I've always wondered, what is BEYOND bed and bath? But the racks rule. So do clotheslines (also called rope and string) and clothespins. But I do LOVE the "Clobbers to the neighbors" line. All of them work for me. So does the delicate cycle on my W/D.