Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Question -- CDing lead to being gay?

I was dressing for a year (1986) in Tampa FLA and, working as a bartender (drab, except hair and earrings kept getting longer) in a swank joint, got to meet a lot of gay dudes (for the first time in my life). When a couple of them learned I dressed, they brought me into their circle. They would drag (to the hilt) on special occasions (I should have noticed these were invariably outings with GGs) so I got curious about their scene ... etc., etc. ... and worked up the courage to experiment a few times. I discovered that it really busted their buzz to see me dressed - 'take that silly stuff off' - and, soon enough, I concluded gay sex was a turnoff for me. Freddy Mercury is not my idea of hot - Twiggy is!

Quote Originally Posted by connie rotten
    Real gay guys aren't interested in us. I have asked other old queens about this and most agree the guys who come on to us are pervs.
    I have heard it said nore than once dressing as a woman can be a lonely place I went with him just to have some human contact. So with that I will ask does loneliness cause crossdressers to have intamate same sex involvments?
    I will ask another guestion do long prison sentances turn men gay?
    My gay friends don't thimk I'm gay. A few of them call me dress queer( are they being mean to be by doing that?)
    Admin may I vent this. "I'll sneek around when nobody is home to dress up in my mother's , sister's ,wife's or even Aunt Edna's clothes but god forbid anyone think I might be homosexual" I think it is ironic we of all people would be homophobic.
    Homosexuality in male prisons is only about 5 percent while in womens prisons this percentage is about 80 percent.

Being in prison does not make you gay, nor does it make a woman a lesbian, however, female inmates who have same sex relationships in prison who were hetrosexual before they were incarcerated usually go back to hetrosexual relationships when they are released.
    [SIZE="3"]Jennaie`[/SIZE]

Real gay guys aren't interested in us. I have asked other old queens about this and most agree the guys who come on to us are pervs.
    I take offense to that. I am not a perv.
    Hail Satin!

Quote Originally Posted by ReginaK
    I take offense to that. I am not a perv.
    ofcourse you aren't according to your profile you are one of us. You must have read it wrong.

I was bi before I cd'ed..... I dont think its anything but the old to each their own......
    what a fool I use to be

ofcourse you aren't according to your profile you are one of us. You must have read it wrong.
    I read it right. I am one of those guys who hit on crossdressers (always in a tasteful manner, since I know what it's like to be on the opposite side). I didn't think I was a perv. I just thought I was being nice.
    Hail Satin!

In response to Connie Rotten..
    I have quite a few Male Gay friends..They ar two things..MALE..And Proud TO BE GAY.. AND They seem to not be interested in X-Dressers, Or give X-Dressers or TGs Any thought at all. They LIKE MEN!...

Here is an interesting link..I read it Just before I came out to my wife..It is a basic "survival and understanding guide to ALL areas of "TG" = All X-Dresser types, From bassic Hobby crossDresser all the way to Post-OP TS. It is Very thurough for all types of TGs.
    http://www.reneereyes.com/
    Renee IS AWSOME!.. She is Bi & She has done ALOT of research on this issue. Her pages are full of Facts, Such as Most basic X-Dressers are in fact Hetero.. = Male Lesbians, = VERY INTERESTED in The Female physique..and Form/Femmininity. Most Post - OP TSs are VERY shy and mistrusting... And My FAVE is = Almost ALL TGs = ALL of us have above average IQs.. AND The Majority of CrossDressers can be called TG Admireres..
    Check her out.. AND She is a REAL Beautifull Woman!

And NO X-Dressing DOES not lead to being Gay..It just depends upon how nature "wired your brain"..
    Melora..
    Last edited by Melora; 07-09-2006 at 05:26 AM.

[SIZE="3"]my wife and i would have to say no lol [/SIZE]

you dont become gay ,you are gay or you are not

I have only met one X-dresser, other than my husband, with whom I had many long conversations a few years ago. He told me that in his early twenties he experimented because given his cd needs, he thought he was gay. Had one relationship...that was enough to help him determine that he was definitely NOT gay.

I don't buy into this "wondering what it would be like to be with a man when fully dressed" as a means of experiencing womanhood. I remember exploring my own sexuality with different men in my early twenties...I enjoyed attracting them and having their attention (and didn't want them to buy me drinks!)...but the next day I felt horrible, used, and wondered what it was that I was truly looking for (love...in retrospect!).

What are cd's wishing to experiment this way looking for? An experiment??? At what price??? Pardon my honesty...jean

Sex, sexuality and gender

Sex, sexuality and gender have been broken down into these catagories for a reason. They are part of all of us, but very different from one another. Hence why the LGB'T' debate exists. The fact we, as CD'ers, need to express a certian gender dosen't effect either our sexuality or sex. Unless we were that way inclined in the first place. However, it is more than likely we will be open to being gay/bi/contra or whatever.

Somebody must have the statistics somewhere?
    Zara

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." Albert Einstein

Admin may I vent this. "I'll sneek around when nobody is home to dress up in my mother's , sister's ,wife's or even Aunt Edna's clothes but god forbid anyone think I might be homosexual" I think it is ironic we of all people would be homophobic.
    Hold on a second here. I don't think anyone on this forum is truly being homophobic. In general, I think the CD's on here who want to assert their heterosexuality are doing it more as a way of reassuring their wives, who also post and read this forum, that while SOME CD's are sexually attracted to men, not all of them are, and that these loving, accepting women, do not need to fear that their husband is going to leave them for another man.

It's not "god forbid anyone think I might be homosexual" it is "Please do not let my wife fear that I might be homosexual." And I think that concern is perfectly valid and not homophobic at all. It comes from a place not of hatred or fear of any group, but out of love and respect for one's own partner.

Exploring my crossdressing and learning about the lives pf others that cd opened up my ideas about different kinds of sxuality.
    I eventually found "men in panties" pictures exciting and decided that I should experiement. I did, and had lots of fun.
    I'm partnered with a women now but still like the idea of being with other crossdressers.
    So, I would say, that being a cder, expanded my thinking and desires about sexuallyity and lead me to discovering I was bi-sexual.
    Someone said that men that are attracted to us are pervs. That's seems wrong to me. Not a very nice thing to hear if your a crossdresser.
    "Every desire of your body is holy. Did you hear what I said? Every desire of your body is holy"
    Hafiz "The Gift" Translations by Daniel Ladinsky

Cantelopechest
    I'm attracted to women and other CD's, so I guess that makes me bisexual and I guess I always have been. So I don't think crossdressing leads to any changes

This crossdresser has been gay since I first put on my Mom's lipstick. I abolutely love the idea of making out with a man and doing all those other things that women do to satisfy a man.

I like to dress as a girl, but not be a girl. Men are not attractive to me in any way shape or form. I don't have a problem with saying a guy is good looking though, I just don't want to go pick out curtains with him.

Hasn't so far!! 46 years and counting!!

Love Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Of course it does, just like candy cigarettes lead to being a heroin addict.
    [SIZE="3"]Jennaie`[/SIZE]

Not all crossdressers are gay,
    Not all gay guys are crossdressers,
    Some crossdressers are gay.
    Some gay guys do crossdress.

I guess you can fool some of the people all of the time,
    You can fool all of the people some of the time,
    But you cant fool all of the people all of the time.

I guess I'm a "bi buy"
    Im "bi" and I love to "buy" womens clothing

Nope I only fancy women, and the only odd thing is that I wouldn't contemplate sleeping with another women either...I'm too emotionally attached for that kind of thing

Ok I do look at other women a lot, but it's a conflict between that and eyeing up their clothes and shoes and thinking hmm I'd love to wear that

Banned Read only
    Well maybe 47 is gonna be your lucky number Karren! Find some Larry the Cable guy type and "get'er done." It must be real lonely down in those mines, dark too. (I'm laughing so hard I can barley type.)

In fact, most sexual research would seem to indicate that humans are not gay, straight or bi. They are omnisexual. Its not boys or girls, its hands, vibrators, cucumbers, "life like" latex dolls, and Catherine the Great seemed mighty fond of that horse.

Of course, there is allways the apple pie from that movie. Ummm, steaming hot.

I go to parties where men are dressed as women, women are dressed as bikers, every other person is a dominatrix except for the two dressed up as cartoon characters in thier plush fur get up, and Gumby, who is head to toe in rubber. So who knows?

I do know that my best friend for decades now is a leather boy, and I go to events with him. Everyone in leather, levis and cammo & me in my little pink sun dress. I never get hit on. Matter of fact, the only guys who have ever hit on me are married "straight" guys, who - contrary to any given logic or reality - still think they are "straight" when they are done.

Maybe if I do enough gardening, I'll turn into a tree?

Or perhaps if I wash enough pots, I'll turn into a kitchen sink?

You really think all CD's turn gay? why do you think that?
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

Gay?

Let me just say this. I personally like the attention I get from guys when I'm Ericka. That doesn't mean it's going to lead to anything. I have certain requirements that need to be filled before I consider CLOSENESS (not sex) with anyone. I've learned from past experience, who hasn't? As far as CDing making someone gay (either a guy or girl), not really. Who you are as your femme or homme self has nothing to do with being gay or having same sex. That is an individual thing and an individual choice. Ericka

[SIZE="3"]Nope[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Janet_Johnson_cd
    Does all CrossDressers Turn Out to be Gay?
    Of course not. But I believe the percentage of cds who are gay or bi is higher than what you would find by reading this forum (which is very small). Maybe this forum is particularly attractive to "straight cds". Maybe the gays / bis in the forum don't post. Who knows?