Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Cross-dresser" who doesnt fit in(aka a guy in a skirt:)

I think the feminine gender expresses few human characteristics best (such as beauty, sweetness, elegance), but I feel myself a man and I love it. This is why I only want to 'borrow' some external features from the feminine gender and I do not want to give up the possibility to live as a man. Moreover, although I often wear female clothes, I do not loathe my male clothing, especially when it is elegant like a tuxedo suit could be.

I just e-mailed Old Navy

I just e-mailed Old Navy's customer department and suggested that they look into designing/selling men's skirts as it seems demand is growing:

Thank you for your e-mail and for your suggestion regarding selling
    men's skirts. We appreciate the time you have taken to contact us to
    share your thoughts with us. We will pass your message along to our
    merchandising team, as customer feedback is the most important
    consideration when planning what our future products will look like.

If we may be of further assistance, please contact us via e-mail at
    custserv@oldnavy.com or by calling 1-800-OLD-NAVY. Our Customer
    Service Consultants are available 24 hours a day for your convenience.

I bet that will raise a eyebrow or two and mabey even a giggle or two. But I support you 100%.

Whether you're just in the closet and can't shave or just want to wear womens clothes but don't feel the need to look feminine I think there is a great pressure to conform from other CD's

I allways wear thick tights if I dress when going out and long sleeved tops and dresses, not because I always want to but just to stop the snide remarks I'd get from other CD's upon seeing my body hair.

Sometimes I am feeling feminine and want to dress upto the nines, other times I just want to wear a dress especially if the weathers hot and sometimes it does feel like swapping one conformity for another.

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly Bill
    Yes, you can be a man in a skirt, and you will probably get better acceptance by being unabashedly a man than you will by trying to make people think you are a woman.
    Sure, you can be a dude wearing a skirt. There aren't any laws against it.
    You might be lucky enough to go about your business, and have people say nothing to you.
    Or...someday you might run into some rednecks who decide to give you a severe @$$ beating just for the fun of it.
    Are you ready to deal with that scenario if it should happen?

This is my first post here in a VERY long time.

Very often I dress and have 4 or 5 days beard growth, so obviously don't look feminine.

Some days I want to feel like a girl. I want the fresh showered feel, with perfume, hairspray, lippy, etc etc.

Some days I just like te feel of the clothing.

I have shaved my legs on a few occasions and it felt great, especially the first time. They haven't been shaved for many months now. Things went wrong with my wife... She took to accepting my crossdressing and then done a 180 on me a short while later.

Sometimes I get dressed for the sexual thrill, sometimes it's to relieve stress, others it just because a skirt is just so much more comfortable than jeans.

I often wear panties just because they feel great. Somehow, wearing satin panties is just right. It can be a sexual feeling, but more often than not it's just right.

Do what you do and enjoy yourself. There aren't any rules.

Linda

feminine guy in a skirt

I can very much so relate to being a guy in a skirt type here. And I think this can be done now in todays society if you are working for the right company and you and your family are ready to be out in the public eye and get some grief over it. And you will also need to think and play things safe in what you do and where you go. And a key to this, IMHO, is to present a consistant image i.e. either present a feminine male image or a female image, but do not go back and forth. I personally given a choice and accepting society environment, I would not wear a wig and little to no makeup, thus always presenting my male self, but would wear a mix of feminine and masculine clothes depending on the situation and my mood.

As for me and my situation. We live in a small conservative town, and me coming out here would not be good as for the grief my spouse and kids would get. And I would not want to put them through that. If it was just me I maybe would be out as a guy who wears skirts. But part of being married and in a relationship is making some compromises. My wife has made some in helping me with my cding, and I need to make some and keep them safe and not try to out myself. This is our agreement, and she can and has given me a verabal slapping when I go beyond this. So until such time as I can leave my house in a skirt, blouse, work boots and a 2 day beard and go to the hardware store and not be the talk of the town before I return; I will present a male or female image that this town can accept.

So to everyone who are out and about as guys in skirts I will cheer you on from the background.

KimberlyS - CD
    KimberlyS-CD
    joe in a skirt. Being myself not trying to be some other CDer
    Just trying to find a balance for my son and myself.

Standard disclaimer: Going out of the house was right for me, it may or may not be right for you. If you've got no desire to leave the house, that's fine, I'm not trying to push you out the door. But for those who've been yearning to do so, I just want to let you know the world may not be as scary a place as you think.

Quote Originally Posted by KimberlyS
    ... And a key to this, IMHO, is to present a consistant image i.e. either present a feminine male image or a female image, but do not go back and forth. ...
    But I think that's not quite what USNguyNskirt is talking about here. I think he's talking about presenting as a manly man, but who is wearing a skirt. I think ideally, it would be to wear skirts made for men, not flowery printed skirts or anything. At least that's what I think USNguyNskirt is talking about. I don't think his idea is to present as a female or even a feminine male.

Bobby, I stand corrected in how I worded it. And I will restate it as:
    the key being to present a consistant image such as the following examples:
    - a feminine male image, male in feminine clothes but looks like a guy. Girly guy look.
    - a female outward image, male in feminine clothes looking like a female.
    - a manly man who wears manly versions of 'female' clothes.
    - a man who wears female clothes, yet presents a stong male self.
    - or any other situation you can think of.

What ever the image is, to be consistant and not go back and forth between different images.

Sorry for the confussion as the consistant image is what I wanted to get out.

KimberlyS - CD
    KimberlyS-CD
    joe in a skirt. Being myself not trying to be some other CDer
    Just trying to find a balance for my son and myself.

Standard disclaimer: Going out of the house was right for me, it may or may not be right for you. If you've got no desire to leave the house, that's fine, I'm not trying to push you out the door. But for those who've been yearning to do so, I just want to let you know the world may not be as scary a place as you think.