Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does your x-dressing have any correlation to job satisfaction/dissatisfaction???

Does your x-dressing have any correlation to job satisfaction/dissatisfaction???

I am curious to know how many of you are (or were) happy in your work life. If you are, what makes you happy about it? If not...what makes you unhappy???

Do you think your x-dressing contributes in any way to either you being happy or unhappy about your job? Thanks for your thoughts........jean.

I am not really sure how to answer this but here it goes..... I have hated all my jobs because they take away from my dressing or being me. I am currently my wifes house wife. And I am happy about that. But as of late I have been thinking I would like to own a web based bussiness dealing with the TG world. But, I really would like to be a photographer. And specialize in TG people.

April Marie
    no matter how much love we have, we can not feel it if we are not happy inside

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting "Holy ****, what a ride!",author unknown

Women to me are gods greatest forms of beauty and art in motion.

Redhead Ready to Rock Bobbie cd's Avatar
    I consider myself pretty fortunate.
    I like my job. I enjoy what I do and the people that I work with. My dressing doesn't seem to have any real correlation to the state of things at work (at least for me). The only thing that I can think of that would be better would be for me to be able to show up at work in a nice blouse and skirt and heels, but it just isn't practical for several reasons.

Banned Read only
    I love my work. Of everything I've ever done (for money) its the best. In part that is because of what it is and where it is. But mostly its because I work with the absolutely best people ever. They are the most competent, the most dedicated, the hardest working, most knowledgeable people I've ever been with. And, they all love doing what they do as much as I love it. In fact, I think we love the shows more than the fans do. Its a remarkable deal, everyone working with their heart, soul and mind with the only goal being absolute perfection in putting on the best show in the world tonight. Its the only thing I've ever done where I have never got up in the morning and said, "damn, I have to work today." As far as CD goes, everyone knows, I've done drag at work for the Halloween Shows (Gypsy, the Acid Queen for the Cramps, Formal Prom Gown for Tenacious D, Scullery Maid for Primus, Runaway Bride for The Residents, and Goth Girl for Bauhaus) and I've recruited a few coworkers to help out at the fetish parties I work at. No one cares. What more could I ask for?

In contrast, when I was at the university - well I've never met a bunch of more miserable people in my life. Never got that at all. I always wondered how they could be so smart and not figure out how to be happy?

Aspiring Member

No

I hated working for a living!:

I never made a dime to call my own slaved away for others for 3o years and never got anywhere satisfation wasted time

People who you work for only care about themselves and do not want to listen to any real ideas you might have that might help them out running stuff

Oh well

The only real way for this to happen is to have and run your own business and then there is no great guaratee that you will succed.

Jay Suzy!:

PB says no way

there is no correlation i meen really none whatsoever with CD,ing. and employment. either one.thats how it is for me anyway. i suppose you could;nt know that you are man's greatest gift you are woman.

None really

The only correlation is that I am what I am ( a fem sort of guy ), and have always got on with life and lived it to the full. In whatever capacity comes along. I'm mostly retired now, but still do a bit of consultancy, which I regard as a hobby, and which, like when I worked full time, I really enjoy, and consequently my satisfaction seems to rub off on the recipients, and more work comes along.......... !! I have no plans to ever retire properly. I do think the "femininity" has a lot to do with it.

Win.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Long Lakeland Legs

I was successful in my career but would have been more so had I accepted who I am years ago.

Liking my Job

I like my current job. I work for a contract foodservice company at a private school. I enjoy cooking,have been cooking for over 27 yrs. It has little to do with my Cding. I just like what I do.0.02

Acceptance

Although I did not fully accept my fem side until later in my life, I do think "she" had some influence in my job and in my life. Perhaps her calming effect helped me see things differently.

Now, for a job I would love to have.................
    Last year my room-mate and I were in San Francisco and we stopped in the GLBT Community Center for some local info.
    Behind the counter was a person who introduced "herself" as Shelly. "She" was wearing a lovely pink with red flowers dress, had her nails, makeup, wig and 2" heals. Although I knew she was male/CD, she had a very special beauty about her.
    I felt a very special love for this person, and I positively glowed, as she told us about local places to go and things to see.

Yes, that's the type of job I'd love to have. Helping people (in a safe environment) and being myself at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by JeanM GG
    I am curious to know how many of you are (or were) happy in your work life. If you are, what makes you happy about it? If not...what makes you unhappy???

Do you think your x-dressing contributes in any way to either you being happy or unhappy about your job? Thanks for your thoughts........jean.
    Happy...happy...happy here!!! Working way too hard and dressing way to little lately. Been with the same company for 30 years and except for a few bad years, have looked forward to going to work every single day!!! And better yet, crossdressing on business trips with an expense account is a frindge benifit that I never want to give up!!! hehehe But really love mining and going underground!!!

Love Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I've been the housewife since our first girl was born, 8 years ago. Dressing has definitely contributed to my getting into it. Can't say I have the galpal who comes over for coffee (like some 60's sitcom), though.

not directly, although it was frustrating having to wear restrictive shirt and tie when in client-visible jobs. (i worked in IT until me and my mainframe-related skill set became redundant)
    i did - and still do - get round that by wearing heels with the smart suit!
    when i wasn't in client-visible employment i did wear skirts etc to work and my colleagues accepted it, even if they thought me a bit strange!
    the abuse from schoolkids while walking to work was a bit difficult to handle though - and psychologically damaging.
    big boy did it and ran away!

anarchy is better than no government at all.

i don't wear girls clothes - they're mine!

love & light,
    G

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton
    Happy...happy...happy here!!! Working way too hard and dressing way to little lately. Been with the same company for 30 years and except for a few bad years, have looked forward to going to work every single day!!! And better yet, crossdressing on business trips with an expense account is a frindge benifit that I never want to give up!!! hehehe But really love mining and going underground!!!

Love Karren
    Karren...I am NOT an envious person...but I envy YOU! You are the epitomy of balance...as far as I am concerned!!! Jean

Quote Originally Posted by JeanM GG
    Karren...I am NOT an envious person...but I envy YOU! You are the epitomy of balance...as far as I am concerned!!! Jean
    Shhhhhhh They might hear you.....That's not what they (them, not us) were saying when I was crossdressing in the mens room at work, during lunch!! hehehe

Love Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I don't believe there is much correlation between crossdressing and happiness at work.

I like my current job at least the day-to-day stuff that makes up my job. Now I'm a wee bit angry with my former employer - the federal government.

My job and 2000+ of my coworkers were contracted out. We became part of a private company doing the same job, but I and many like me were unable to retire from the federal government and pretty much lost my retirement benefits. But my new company is pretty good, even though there is no pension plan, just a 401k savings plan. Thanks for letting me rant.

Anyway, I believe age has been a bigger impact on my crossdressing. As I've grown older my dressing has become bolder as I become more comfortable with who I am.

Jenna

Crazy Lady
    No.
    I have my best job ever, interfacing between engineers and the production floor. And I am crossdressing more than ever.

My crossdressing has more to do with the satisfaction with my relationship with women.

Exclamation A cross from time to time

I love being around people and when i started my own Co i was in the mix but good.
    Mostly my client's are housewives, and thier husbands could care less on what they want as long as it dos'nt requier thier time.
    And being marriied 22 years and CD more, i have a oppertunity to share if you like the feeling of women.
    But it can be a fine line that i walk, so as not to mislead them or hurt them the way their men do.
    Nadeen

Smile Am perfectly happy doing what I do

[SIZE="3"]I work in security here in the UK and am perfectly happy doing what I do, the downside is that I don't get a huge amount of time to myself, but what I do know is that there no correllation between my work and my dressing, just would like shorter hours and a lot more money!!

Anna x[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"]I need to be on the outside, who I am on the inside[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know[/SIZE]

I'd rather be retired, but otherwise, I like my job for the most part. I come in when I want, do my 8 hrs (more or less) and leave. But I'd rather not have to work.

I don't think my CDing contributes any anyway to my being happy or unhappy about my job.
    DonnaT

I haven't seen much correlation between dressing and job satisfaction. My job sats have run the gamut from high to low, while my dressing seems relatively constant. I thought perhaps I'd dress more when poor job situations attacked my self-esteem, but I don't think so. I do think perhaps when life at work was hardest I was more inclined to stay home sick, and I often dressed on sick days. I beat myself up over the notion that if I was well enough to dress even casually, I should be well enough to go to work, but good friends on another forum convinced me otherwise.
    Hugs,

Bernice

I work at a major dept store and it relates to my dressing. When I have a bad day, I want to escape the stress by wearing a dress!

I don't see what the job has to do with it. I've been in jobs that I was happy with. And I've been in jobs that I hated.With the same company, for the last 29 years. Mst years were very good. But I have been a CD'er for much longer than that. And it didn't effect my job, or the other way. Cdimg has been there for many years, before I was working. So it doesn't effect the job.
    Now what makes the job better, the boss. If he or she leaves me alone to do my job, I'm happy. If he figures he has to micro manage me, I'm not happy. Cuz I know my job better than he does.0.02 ..BJ

No relationships as far as I can see. I have "underdressed" since age 12 , through six years of Co-Ed Grammar (High) School then in work. Most jobs have been average, I work to live not live to work, but my cross-dressing activities have not been affected by whether I was happy or sad in a job. Only two jobs have been hell, the one in the mid 1970s when I was discovered by a hostile male worker and given a hard time, and later when I worked for a boss who was a real tyrant and bully, but he was like that to everyone and had no knowledge of my CD aspects.

My present job? Pays for me to live my life and that's it. I like what I do and most of the people I work with, 95% males, there are only a few females in my factory. I don't have a lot of respect for the Management who I think could do things a lot better, and I stay aloof from any Company Social Events as I keep my personal life and work life separate, work is for the 40 hours Monday to Friday that they pay me for.
    [SIZE="5"]Helen[/SIZE]

I'm in a unique situation, but my dressing directly relates to my employment. As if I haven't blabbed it enough all over this board, I make corsets (guess how I got started doing that). For me I think it's the other way around - my work contributes to my dressing. I seem to dress a lot more when I get a spark of creative energy, and feel much more feminine during this time. When I'm in a rut, my dressing goes into a rut too. If I'm feeling overwhelmed and stressed I dress more than usual, but don't really feel feminine as much as just comfortable. That sounds pretty textbook crossdressing looking at it after I type, but I always thought it unusual before.