Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Would you agree that we ALL have a male and female side to ourselves?

Would you agree that we ALL have a male and female side to ourselves?

I believe we ALL have a male and female side...! Do you??? Is it just a matter of degree? It would be great to know what you all think about this...thanks! jean

Most times its a mix of both, it's only when I dress up that girl mode takes over

Mind you it is quite disconcerting to be looking at a girl, and one part of you is thinking phoaaar and the other is thinking nice shoes and skirt I wonder where she bought them from and would they fit me lol

By ALL, I assume you mean humans. I'd like to think so, though some men wouldn't dare show their female side. If you mean here on this forum, I'm certain we ALL have a male and female side. To what degree we show, share, reveal or accept may determine how we consider ourselves, TV/CD/TG or TS.
    [SIZE=4]Sophia[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Sophia Rearen
    By ALL, I assume you mean humans.
    yes...I mean ALL of us humans on this planet. j.

Yes

All women have masculine traits. All men have feminine traits.

After all we come from a mixture of male and female parents.

The problem is that too many guys in this world refuse to admit their feminine side - as in this big macho image. :mad: Men that admit and show their feminine beauty are more mature in their attitude. 0.02

Quote Originally Posted by loki_uk
    Mind you it is quite disconcerting to be looking at a girl, and one part of you is thinking
    you are indeed funny loki...I thought you would find it 'quiet disconcerning to be lookin at a girl and one part of you is thinking: nice shoes...while the other is saying...I wonder how dominant her male side is.......LAUGH!!! j.

Absolutely!

I believe you are 100% correct. I have known the girl in me for many years however initially I found it very hard to accept her. In recent years I have come to welcome her as a very important part of me.

This premise also applies to my wife as she is clearly much more aroused when I am wearing a nightgown and panties. She becomes the agressor which is traditionally the male role.

Love and kisses.

Joy

Quote Originally Posted by Emma England
    Men that admit and show their feminine beauty are more mature in their attitude. 0.02
    Sorry Emma...can't agree you wholeheartedly on this one...problem with my husband is his immaturity...and he has no major problem with his feminine side, or so he says.

Separately, from what I have learned on this forum (AND I KNOW MANY OF YOU DON'T AGREE...so stick to the question at hand) is that you really CAN tell a lot about one's level of maturity based on how they dress...and many...don't dress very maturely...but...this is NOT the question here...there was a whole thread dedicated to dressing and maturity, started by me, if anyone wishes to review it. j

Quote Originally Posted by JeanM GG
    you are indeed funny loki...I thought you would find it 'quiet disconcerning to be lookin at a girl and one part of you is thinking: nice shoes...while the other is saying...I wonder how dominant her male side is.......LAUGH!!! j.
    Blimey do you know me lol, but yeah that as well

Quote Originally Posted by Joy3
    This premise also applies to my wife as she is clearly much more aroused when I am wearing a nightgown and panties. She becomes the agressor which is traditionally the male role.

Love and kisses.

Joy
    Good one Joy...and how does your male and female sides feel about this? jean

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JeanM GG
    I believe we ALL have a male and female side...! Do you??? Is it just a matter of degree? It would be great to know what you all think about this...thanks! jean

yes i do belive we all have a male and female side to us ....

thing is we are tought at a early age to be and act as the gender we are born in .... then we have the people that are open minded and aware of the fact that we have the gift to be able to be a little of bouth male and female

and when we open our own minds that this is ok and there is nouthing wrong with this gender dabbling we do then we have grown as "PEOPLE".....

Wonderful!

I love being made love to by my wife, so apparently my male side does not object.

Frankly I am much more aroused when I am in the female role[traditionally speaking].

Joy

I agree

I think everyone has a male and female side or masculin an feminine side. Just there are some people out there who will not admit to it.

my 0.02 worth
    " I am what I am " - Popeye

Banned Read only
    I've never been much on the binary Either/Or choice. Its not male and female, its both. No reason a man can't be as nurturing as a woman - and for sure you don't have to look very far to find women who are a nurturing as a Praying Mantis - i.e., creatures who eat their young. Jung sugguest that we are both male and female, yin and yang - see lengthy endnote attached.

Why can't I savor the Eroica Trio one night and be diggin' on Slayer crankin' it out with (stage) blood raining down on them the next evening? Dressed to the nines in a trendy nouvelle cuisine restaurant sipping a nice Chandon or kickin' on the beach roasting hot-dogs on an open fire and pulling a toke off a spliff the size of Baltimore - do I have to choose ONE? Can't I do both?

I'll be the first to admit I'm kinda odd. Matter of fact its one of the things I like about me the most. I know a lot of people who have doctoral degrees. I know a lot of people who are journeymen craft-union card holders. I don't know anyone besides myself who has both. (I'm sure there are a few, I just don't know them yet. Perhaps i should start a web site. I do know a woman who has an MD, hated it and became an Over-the-Road owner/operator truck driver, so that is close.)

To quote from Robert Heinlein - "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

Lengthy endnote on Jung's theory, courtesy of Shippensburg University's web site.

Anima and animus

A part of our persona is the role of male or female we must play. For most people that role is determined by their physical gender. But Jung, like Freud and Adler and others, felt that we are all really bisexual in nature. When we begin our lives as fetuses, we have undifferentiated sex organs that only gradually, under the influence of hormones, become male or female. Likewise, when we begin our social lives as infants, we are neither male nor female in the social sense. Almost immediately -- as soon as those pink or blue booties go on -- we come under the influence of society, which gradually molds us into men and women.

In all societies, the expectations placed on men and women differ, usually based on our different roles in reproduction, but often involving many details that are purely traditional. In our society today, we still have many remnants of these traditional expectations. Women are still expected to be more nurturant and less aggressive; men are still expected to be strong and to ignore the emotional side of life. But Jung felt these expectations meant that we had developed only half of our potential.

The anima is the female aspect present in the collective unconscious of men, and the animus is the male aspect present in the collective unconscious of women. Together, they are refered to as syzygy. The anima may be personified as a young girl, very spontaneous and intuitive, or as a witch, or as the earth mother. It is likely to be associated with deep emotionality and the force of life itself. The animus may be personified as a wise old man, a sorcerer, or often a number of males, and tends to be logical, often rationalistic, even argumentative.

The anima or animus is the archetype through which you communicate with the collective unconscious generally, and it is important to get into touch with it. It is also the archetype that is responsible for much of our love life: We are, as an ancient Greek myth suggests, always looking for our other half, the half that the Gods took from us, in members of the opposite sex. When we fall in love at first sight, then we have found someone that "fills" our anima or animus archetype particularly well!

Tekla...you challange me...and I like that! I will need to re-read your post when I have not had a couple of glasses of chardonney... jean
    Last edited by Tamara Croft; 07-13-2006 at 12:52 PM. Reason: Please don't quote the whole post below/above you.

Pausing To Femme-flect melissacd's Avatar
    I thought I would post this again as it seems apropos:

There is a certain beauty and elegance in the feminine ideal that I find very attractive. I appreciate that being a woman is very very hard work, especially if you are a working mother with children. I realize that it is not all just the glamorous parts (clothes, hair, make-up, shoes). I enjoy exploring the wonderful aspects of being feminine, exterior and interior. I desire to reclaim my femininty without losing my masculinity. I believe that we need both.

Some feminine, not specifically female, traits:

- being sensitive to the needs of others
    - being a good listener
    - being supportive
    - being intuitive
    - being emotionally expressive
    - looking sensual, being sensual
    - being soft, yet assertive
    - having feminine mannerisms when you feel like it
    - creating warmth and comfort for those around you
    - being caring and compassionate
    - being creative with that certain girlish flair
    - having a sense of style
    - avoiding vulgarity as a communication style
    - carrying yourself with grace

I love femininity and I believe that it is not just the domain of females. Physiologically, males and females are different, that is true, but not really all that different. Men are encouraged to be tough, competitive and emotionally distant. I feel that takes so much away from your full humanity. It is so limiting.

I feel that men and women both have masculine and femininine personas. Recently, cultural norms have made it acceptable for women to express a very broad range of feminine and masculine characteristics. Men, however, are culturally locked within
    their masculine roles. Some, in the transgendered communities are starting to break through this barrier, however, I suspect it will be some time before that wall is knocked down.

I think part of the reason that more men are seeking this alternative life style is that they are tired of the confines of what is culturally acceptable. They are tired of having to be macho, having to be the provider and protector. Those societal norms are starting to shift for women, but men are still waiting in the wings. For some men it is because their pride and ego get in the way of accepting who they really are. For others they are seeing the light, seeing their softer side and just chomping at the bit for when it is okay to express all of who they are.

While the statistics would lead us to believe that only 10% of the male population are cross dressers, I would argue, if you could get an honest answer from most men you would find that in fact the number is more like 90%. How could anyone not want to be a more caring, sensual, intuitive soul...
    What stop do I get off at? Hmmm...

Gosh I got in shit from wife!
    She said "she would like to be the useless female once in awhile!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[SIZE="3"]And I was thinkin' how the world shoulda cried
    On the day Jack Kirby died
    [/SIZE]

I'd say definately maybe! . We'll at least for me its more of a blending of both sides all the time. While I may behave more female when dressed and visa-versa, my minds still in combo gender mode. What ever that means.

And I agree that when I look at a woman its with two sets of eyes!! Kind of gives "Love to get into her dress" a whole new meaning!!

And I really love women...maybe too much that I dress like them? I don't know.. But I guess that if Imitation is really the sincerest form of flattery, then we should have a lot more women cheering us on than we do! Hehehe. Wonder if the wife will buy that??

Love Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

tekla west - Preety good stuff. Too much nature and not enough nurture though. Gender, although more often that not assigned to the sexes and often steming from particular physical traits, such as giving birth, is quite often created by a society, and then dished out to the sexes. More often than not to establish order. We can look at various quirks in past societies to see that women and men have never been given the same roles.

In Japan, becuase crossdressing as a historical and acceptable routes, it is considered less 'wrong' than in Europe and North America. Although it is still considered part of the 'out' scence. That is becuase of a social descision to accept it more.
    Last edited by Tamara Croft; 07-13-2006 at 12:54 PM. Reason: Please don't quote the whole post, just use their name?
    Zara

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by sparks
    Gosh I got in shit from wife!
    She said "she would like to be the useless female once in awhile!"
    I've seen her attempts at rebuilding a gearbox. Tell her she's crap. Is she happy now?

Definately agree!!!!!!!

Aspiring Member

Yes i sure do!:

And so mnay time's the feminine side can and does dominate.

Oh well there just might be far worse stuff in this old world then admitting that the female and or male might be the one you really do want to be hmmm!:

Just thinking on it most of the time.

Even in the strangest of time's and places it is most always there!.

Jay Suzy!:

Quote Originally Posted by tekla west

Anima and animus

A part of our persona is the role of male or female we must play. For most people that role is determined by their physical gender. But Jung, like Freud and Adler and others, felt that we are all really bisexual in nature. When we begin our lives as fetuses, we have undifferentiated sex organs that only gradually, under the influence of hormones, become male or female. Likewise, when we begin our social lives as infants, we are neither male nor female in the social sense. Almost immediately -- as soon as those pink or blue booties go on -- we come under the influence of society, which gradually molds us into men and women.
    The basic idea here, that male and female attitudes are made by the influence of the society, is in question today (i.e. story of David Reimer). Hormones might not only "form" the genitales but also have influence on the brain. Meaning there is a biological basis (differenciation in the womb) for the genders which can not be influenced or reversed completaly by the society.
    If so, there is no complete free choice to "form" a gender, but the society has the free choice how the genders or gender attitudes are treated (for me the latter is the cruxial point).

To the question.
    I'd agree that everybody has a male and a female side, though I am not quite sure what is meant by it or how it is defined.
    All humans have some attitudes that society would label male or female. But are these respective attitudes of biological or of social nature ? The latter would mean that they are artificial and can be changed, shared or interconverted.

I have always struggled with this particular concept. Personally, I believe that "masculine" and "feminine" distinctions are essentially "social constructs" and do not have the same basis in reality as what we are physically. If you accept the "social constructs" of "masculinity" and "femininity," then I agree that everybody has "facets" of our personality that run the gamut. The degree to which people express this diversity appears to differ widely as well. It is a shame how some people are made to feel badly because of how they choose to express themselves and how that, in my opinion, limits their potential.

Banned Read only
    Well its nature, its nurture. Its sex, and also gender. No doubt lots of social and cultural stuff mixed in too.

We have a good solid 15 years of academic writing and research on this, and it comes out all over the spectrum. There are theories and more theories, and a ton of sheer speculation, anecdotal evidence masquerading as statical studies, and just plain old conjecture.

There is no simple solution, no simple way out - given that, I don't think there is a need to reinvent the wheel either. There is plenty of stuff on the web try "gender theory" and "queer theory" that ought to give you a few millions sites to start with.