Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: run in hose

run in hose

I'm home buy my self should it matter? I know when I go out it does. I save the best for that. How about you?

Aspiring lady of leisure kay_jessica's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by peter wing
    I'm home buy my self should it matter? I know when I go out it does. I save the best for that. How about you?
    Well for me, one sign of a run and in the bin they go. I wear very fine denier (7 or 10) so they catch and run easy. Its kinda expensive but i make sure I have several pairs availlable. Mind you one advantage of stockings and hold ups is that if you run one leg you can "steal" a replacement from another pair.
    Last edited by kay_jessica; 07-13-2006 at 10:45 AM.

Yeah well.......

What you buy in your own home, dear, depends upon who is selling it, and whether or not you want it.

Win.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Long Lakeland Legs

I hate runs and I can not wear a pair that has a run. Even if it's on the upper thigh or on the bottom of the foot, I still can't wear them because I know it's there. If they get a run, out they go. Just this morning I found a run in a great pair of silkies and was just irrate. I still have probably close to a hundred pairs of hose but was thinking that I need to buy some more, they seem to be dropping like flies.

I hate runs

They have to go in the bin immediately.

I always have a spare pair available.
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Not just a pig-n-lipstick
    I can't stand a run in my hose either.

Unless of course they are covered up by my drab then a little run or two is okay.

Runny Hose

I'm always at home & being somewhat of a cheapskate, I'll wear the hose run and all. I get as irratated as the next girl about a run, but I just have to put it out of my mind and enjoy the feeling of being dressed. Because of some really rough skin on my heels, the hose almost always run from the heel up the back of the leg. Out of sight, Out of mind; I guess.

Hugs,
    Michelle

My Heroes Wore Nylons Lovely Rita's Avatar

run in hose

There is something sexy about a run as long as I know I have a drawer full of new ones. If they were the only pair then the situation would be tragic, to say the leaste. Talk about obsessive compulsive. I go crazy if I can't find some hose I knew I had and it does not matter if I have a hundred of the same.

I have a pair of off black no nonsense that I wear with leotards and do my dance and arobics in. They have runs and holes everywhere but I enjoy them cause I can stretch and do my exercises without care.
    Hugs

Lovely Rita

The journey is about learning how to love and to do it with all our heart.

The Revolution moves forward!!!!!
    aspiring to be "part of the cure and not the disease."
    to quote Cold Play.

Becoming the person I was created to be
    not the person you expect me to be

"Girls Just Want to Have FUN!"

You don't need an excuse to Love just an opportunity!

A run in my hose, OMG!

Hi All,

While attending a formal function,last winter, running late and having nails break, the last thing I needed was a run in my panty hose, which did happen after a trip to the ladies room. The run confined itself to an area above the hem line of my dress, and nobody was the wiser. After relating the story of this particular evening to my hairdresser. Her response was, " Why didn't you have a spare pair of panty hose in the car. " My reaction was, "DOOH"! In my best Homer Simpson voice. We both had a good laugh. So, now when I go out, there's a spare pair in the glove box. I'm sure this is not first time this has happened to anyone here.

Huggs, Renee

Hi Ladies:

This is probably old information for a lot of gurl's but I pass it along for anyone who doesn't know.

If you get a run that's "high" on your hose, you can often save the evening by having a bottle of clear nail polish in your purse. Dab the clear on the lowest spot on the run and it will usually stop the run from lengthening down the leg. If the run is under your skirt then no one will see.

I know when I'm out and I'm trying to get things "pulled back together" after a Pit Stop, I will sometimes inadvertently knick the tops of my stockings and a run starts up near the welt.

I find that The "Sally Hanson Hard As Nails Clear", works particularly well for this purpose. Added insurance, almost every GG always keeps a spare in her purse. One of the real advantages with stockings....two pair makes three pair, when it's all said and done!

Peace and Love, Joanie

Hose

I usually wear either long dresses or pants, so a run in my hose is no biggie. I figure as long as no one else knows it, I'm good. I just do what every other American woman does: Pretend everything is "perfect"! Ericka

I don't like runs, but it is especially annoying if it's in a pair of tights I really like. I had these great tights that looked like they had some fishnets on top, and they got a huge hole. I still get sad thinking about it. *sniff*. :-(
    I am only a cross dresser when I don't crossdress!

About Me: http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...595#post306595

"I don't want the world to see me, cause I don't think that they'd understand. When everything's made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am" - Goo Goo Dolls

[SIZE="3"]www.HappyDressers.com[/SIZE] - Where cross dressers go to be happy!

Women's stockings are an incredible scam! I have men's socks that are 5 years old and work fine, while I have lady's stockings that I have worn twice and have a run in them! When I am dressing for myself, I wear stockings with runs until they are just too big to ignore.

you can get a little extra wear out of your stocking if you catch the run early and put a dab of clear nail polish where it ends. this will keep the run from getting any bigger. elmer's glue works in a pinch too.

Aspiring lady of leisure kay_jessica's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by McLegs
    ....Because of some really rough skin on my heels, the hose almost always run from the heel up the back of the leg. ......
    I use a foot file to smooth out the rough skin on my feet. Works well and my stockings/tights don't catcht

runs

I too hate runs in my pantyhose. I almost never wear a pair with a run in them even under jeans or slacks, but on rare occasions I will especially in the winter,
    I have used the clear nail polish trick on a small run which might be high on the thigh but that would be the limit for me. I always have a spare pair just in case.

Love; BonnieAnne :GE:
    "to thine own self be true"

Smile run in hose

Rather than throw them out you can do what I do,cut the legs off and with a clamp put one on the outlet hose of the washer,saves the drain from plugging up with lint and stuff.

Banned Read only
    Deep South, the land of Magnolia trees, Mint Juleps on the verandah ,hoop skirts & antebellum homes.
    Some of you may know this, but for those who don't:

Storing your hosiery in the freezer makes them last much longer~dunno why it works, but it does. They don't run near as easily.

Banned Read only
    Deep South, the land of Magnolia trees, Mint Juleps on the verandah ,hoop skirts & antebellum homes.
    Quote Originally Posted by McLegs
    I'm always at home & being somewhat of a cheapskate, I'll wear the hose run and all. I get as irratated as the next girl about a run, but I just have to put it out of my mind and enjoy the feeling of being dressed. Because of some really rough skin on my heels, the hose almost always run from the heel up the back of the leg. Out of sight, Out of mind; I guess.

Hugs,
    Michelle
    Pedicurists use a specially designed razor to remove those callouses, and you can buy one for home use at Sally's Beauty Supply.

Also, use a pumice stone after soaking in the bath for a while. Trudi got me a terra cotta foot scrubber from "Bath Junkie" and it's the best I've ever owned! I get 'squicked' about rough and/or calloused feet, so I SCRUB my heels/feet every day! They gots ta be smooth as a baby's booty!

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by racquel
    Rather than throw them out you can do what I do,cut the legs off and with a clamp put one on the outlet hose of the washer,saves the drain from plugging up with lint and stuff.

There is another way to get double use out of pantyhose with a run in only one leg. This will work especially well for CD's who need a tighter panty to hold things in place.

Simply cut off the leg with the run in it, up near the panty, on two separate pairs of pantyhose. Put one pair on, then reverse the other pair and put it on. You'll have a double panty, but you'll have two "runnerless" legs also!

Gold Member
    A run in your hose, time to chuck them.

I'm with Wenda. Stockings are a scam. I have 15 year old socks, and I have some new panti-hose that will run even when I stand perfectly still, and not because they are too small either. Even fishnet stockings seem to get runs.

I've tried all the thrifty tricks mentioned above, except for freezing them. I will put mine in the freezer tonight because this is not the first time I have heard this trick. I really couldn't afford to keep myself in stockings at the workplace, and perhaps this is why so many GGs at work are going barelegged this summer?

Support hose seem to wear the best, but at $4+ per pair, I hardly ever splurge. I was getting really lucky with hose at church rummage sales, but haven't been to one in awhile.
    Hugs,

Bernice

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GG Vanya
    There is another way to get double use out of pantyhose with a run in only one leg. This will work especially well for CD's who need a tighter panty to hold things in place.

Simply cut off the leg with the run in it, up near the panty, on two separate pairs of pantyhose. Put one pair on, then reverse the other pair and put it on. You'll have a double panty, but you'll have two "runnerless" legs also!
    What a fabulous idea! I think I'll try this....frugal is my middle name and help holding things in place is always a good thing.

Thanks GG Vanya!
    Last edited by Rachel Morley; 07-15-2006 at 09:55 PM.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

runners

To me it doesnt matter if i am staying home or going out ,if i get a run in my stockings they immediatly go in the trash.Here is a tip i found out when i was watching tv,when you by stockings ,pantyhose or whatever before you wear them the first time put them in the freeser over nite,it changes something in their molecular structure and they wont run as easy

If I get a runner in a garter stocking or thigh high, I throw that one away but keep it's mate. Pantyhose? Well, I just throw 'em away. I have this thing about runners, none allowed, whether at home or out. I have been out a lot, and, for some reason, never had a runner while out.

Vikki