Thread: Mothers Crossdressing Boys

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Do you have that in pink? Julie Avery's Avatar

Mothers Crossdressing Boys

I've always thought the mothers crossdressing boys thing was a wishful hindsight fiction dreamed up by mtf CD's, but I'm a little startled to find this about Ernest Hemingway, on Wikipedia:

"His mother had wanted to bear twins, and when this did not happen, she dressed young Ernest and his sister Marcelline (eighteen months his senior) in similar clothes and with similar hairstyles, maintaining the pretense of the two children being "twins." Grace Hemingway further feminized her son in his youth by calling him "Ernestine."[3] (Though much is made of this by biographers -- especially Kenneth S. Lynn -- it should be noted that middle-class Victorian boys were often treated in this manner.)"

I know that you can find pics of young Teddy Roosevelt and Franklin D. Roosevelt in girlish garb, too, which confirms the idea that this was just a Victorian fashion. Anyhow, it's odd....and the Wiki piece on Hemingway is a good read, here.

I'm not sure where to post this, and certainly won't mind if it's moved to the lounge.
    "Inside of every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened."

"The best thing about the MBasic that comes with the Kaypro is that it allows variable names longer than two characters."

Another interesting sidelight I found in my reading," Nicholas and Alexandra"
    the mother of Prince Felix Yousopovich (spelling may need correcting) was dressed a girl by his mother and he was noted for wearing feminine clothing as he grew to adulthood.
    Just in case you're wondering what he did when he grew up? He murdered Gregori Rasputin, the staretsky who beguiled the Tsarina with the belief he, Rasputin could keep the Tsarvich healthy and safe from the Haemophilia he suffered.

One thing is that it has been fashion at times to dress young girls and boys alike until adolescence. The other thing is that some parents even might do it because they like to have a child of the opposite sex (some parents, including mothers, are child molesters. More common is that they beat their own children to death).

IMO, something complete different is the question if you can make a CD or TS this way. I have my doubts (not aware of a pic of the adult Hemingway in a skirt. He probably would have written about it, anyway.)

Rasputin was a fascinating character. I've read everything I can find about him, being interested in Russia and Orthodoxy. He was decidedly hard to kill. What are the odds he'd come up in a thread I started about feminizing Ernest Hemingway?!

And no, there are certainly no pics of the adult Hemingway in a skirt! He most certainly overcompensated in the other direction.

I like his prose. I kinda like Gertrude Stein too, I can see that she informed a whole generation of famous men - Ezra Pound, Hemingway, Sherwood Anderson, and indirectly, T.S. Eliot. I like her Autobiography of Alice B. Toklas and her concept of brownies laden with tetrahydracannabinol. But some of her other stuff is unreadable, needs cliff notes to make sense of, like the later James Joyce, and that annoys me to no end.
    "Inside of every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened."

"The best thing about the MBasic that comes with the Kaypro is that it allows variable names longer than two characters."

with the rabidly bibliophilic me, yeah good chances, lol. Decidedly hard to kill, that's putting it mildly. The whole story of his murder is enough to give one nightmares!
    Back in from about 1400-1800 yes, children were alike dressed in infant gowns if they were of sufficiently noble birth, and with lace and ribbons. Paintings of any of the noble families show that trend clearly.
    Lower social classes simply skipped ribbons, lace and satin aprons.
    There was another writer of note, 'George' I can't remember the last name, who was a English lady who wrote prose. For some reason I think she also dressed like a man. Maybe it's the heat and the one ice cold beer Lawren just handed me.....I can't think! LOL!

That's gotta be George Sand.

Aspiring Member
    I've seen pictures of my grandfather in a dress as an infant. He told me that in those days it's was pretty common.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerry Owens GG
    ....snip....
    There was another writer of note, 'George' I can't remember the last name, who was a English lady who wrote prose. For some reason I think she also dressed like a man. Maybe it's the heat and the one ice cold beer Lawren just handed me.....I can't think! LOL!
    George Eliot? She wasn't a cross dresser, but George Sand (French) certainly was. Sand was romantically involved with Frederic Chopin. Both women were novelists.

Jan

I suppose in a number crunching way then someone somewhere must have been in some very warped situation with a mentally unwell mother making them dress as a girl. Maybe she lost a child earlier etc. But i'd take the risk of calling it rubbish as I haven't won the lottery either so I hope they never post here and expect me to take them seriuously.

Historically , the intention was different. Children weren't regarded as people. They were rather annoying things that one needed to produce. The dressing thing was probably a simple practical thing....like "It's 4 years old WTF does it care what it wears!"

That's the writer, George Sand. Blame the heat and weariness, but yes, that's the author I was trying to recall in vain, thanks!

My mother crossdressed me at age 4

Hi Everyone: Iknow its trendy now to blame everything on "childhood experiences" and everything is now "child abuse" but I don't think what my mother did was abusive. I do wonder if it made me inclined to CD however.

I was age 4, this was before all children were in some kind of preschool. I was home with mommy everyday when my sister was at school, she 4 yrs older. One day when my sister came home with 2 of her little friends my mother was washing and probably getting my sister's clothes that were to small ready to take to somewhere. My mother saw that I was interested, no preoccupied with my sister's girlfriends. I always wanted to play with my sister's friends.

My mother says "lets see what U would look like as a little girl". So she takes my clothes off in front of the girls, and they R giggling, then she puts me in my sisters panties, plaid bib front party dress with buttons up the back and a full pleated skirt with a crinoline and socks with lace and mary janes. I remember being excited and crying at the same time. Perhaps I was crying because I didn't understand why I was excited. Then she said "U look so cute, just like a littel girl".

I remember that clearly, and it never happened again. The next time I crossdressed it was my idea, and it was my older sister's black lacecup underwire bra (a 36B)on the floor and it spoke to me. I knew when I fastened it behind my back, like I had seen my mother do, and adjusted my self into the cups that I was a crossdresser forever. I decided to take it, and as I did I also saw on the floor over by her bed the matching LLPG. Yes it went with me also.

I have tried to stop when I was younger, without sucess. I now embrace my crossdressing and do it all the time. NO more guilt or recriminations. It is a quirk, a man wearing clothes nothing more. How much less innoccuous could anything be. It hurts noone, gives me great pleasure and is not unhealthy and costs very little.

Bull.

Does this ring a bell?

"Hi Everyone: I started at age 14, the usual older sister's hot sexy lingerie. I was caught straight away, at least within several weeks."

Quote Originally Posted by tammie
    I was age 4, this was before all children were in some kind of preschool. I was home with mommy everyday when my sister was at school, she 4 yrs older. One day when my sister came home with 2 of her little friends my mother was washing and probably getting my sister's clothes that were to small ready to take to somewhere. My mother saw that I was interested, no preoccupied with my sister's girlfriends. I always wanted to play with my sister's friends.My mother says "lets see what U would look like as a little girl". So she takes my clothes off in front of the girls, and they R giggling, then she puts me in my sisters panties, plaid bib front party dress with buttons up the back and a full pleated skirt with a crinoline and socks with lace and mary janes. I remember being excited and crying at the same time. Perhaps I was crying because I didn't understand why I was excited. Then she said "U look so cute, just like a littel girl".
    Bull is right...I don't believe one word of it.
    Try posting this nonsense on:
    www.fictionmania.com
    or
    www.storysite.org