Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wearing a Corset

Wearing a Corset

Is wearing a corset a good idea.

I am curious to know how people who have a corset one felt about their purchase.
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Banned Read only
    When women were allowed to stop wearing corsets, they did it like yesterday. As a fetish item, its OK, but to wear one? One reason that Victorians had "fainting couchs" and why women used to "swoon" and they don't now, is because now they can breathe.

The legal over the counter opium didn't help either
    Last edited by Shelly_P; 07-31-2006 at 10:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tekla west
    One reason that Victorians had "fainting couchs" and why women used to "swoon" and they don't now, is because now they can breathe.
    The corset was the reason for all that fainting and swooning? And all this time I thought it was the harem crossdressing scene in Byron's Don Juan!

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelly_P
    I am curious to know how people who have a corset one felt about their purchase.
    I haven't had a chance to wear mine much, but I'm enjoying it.

First my purchase was a classic white bustier, complete with a pair of garter straps (which I haven't used.)
    After that it was a Danz slimmer -- midriff only.
    Then it was a pleather corset.

The bustier and slimmer were okay, but not quite right for me somehow, Both of them have elastic and hooks.
    As soon as I tried the pleather corset, I was much happier. It laces at each side, and has no elastic portion at all -- so the tightness limit is whatever I can bare (at least until there is no gap at all.) Yes, it's a pressure (at least when tight), but I haven't found it to be a pain. But it does leave noticable marks in my skin (like bra straps all over the torso), so I cannot wear it too snug too close to going home.

The one thing I would do differently next time is to get a slightly longer one: with the one I have, to get proper waist cinching, I have to pull it down to the point where my nipples are barely covered.

The bustier has big cups, bigger than C but slightly smaller than D (more properly, my size 6 forms are slightly loose, and the size 7 not quite covered.) So the bustier can be worn naturally with forms.
    The corset I bought has essentially no cup at all -- it even flattens out what little I have. Any forms would have to go over it. You can get true corsets with cups.

The main difference, I am told, between a bustier and a corset is that a corset is built with firm stays (or "boning") designed to be tightened as much as you want, whereas bustiers might be laceable but have an stretchy part that effectively prevents complete tightening.

You might also see a bustier defined as not covering the tops of the breasts (and possibly not covering the nipples either), but I am told (by a lingerie shop owner) that the tightening is the key.

The common white "bridal" bustier is, just that, a bustier. A real corset will tend to be a more interesting colour or pattern, or else made out of pleather or leather. (Not really PVC, as that stretches unless it is very thick.)

There's a store out of Ireland that does custom-length leather or PVC corsets and similar garments -- at 400 to 500 Pounds Stirling. There is a local store that would probably charge noticably less than that for a custom leather outfit, if you want to visit central Canada (I am having them make me a leather lace-up bra, similar to one of Allure's PVC lace-up bras that gave me wonderful cleavage but which wasn't strong enough to sustain it.)

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly_P
    Is wearing a corset a good idea.

I have 2, a black one and a white one, both vintage replicas of civil war era corsets. And I just love the way they feel on!! Confining yet comphy and they add that little bit extra to finish off my girlish figure!!! Also I notice that I don't eat as much when I'm wearing a corset!! A bonus lol.... I wear mine almost every time I dress and sometimes under my male suit at work..

Bought both of them from Wicked Red's on ebay. Sheryl the owner is a sweetheart and always throws in something extra with every purchase. She's one of the 3 vendors or so that I have come out to...

The white one - http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/karren...12.jpg&.src=ph

Love Karren
    Last edited by Karren H; 07-31-2006 at 06:53 AM.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Well,,, i dont leave the house without mine..Though i dress in the gothic/Victorian style.So its part of the look as well as providing me with all the right curves..
    All my Corsets are steel boned and rear lacing....Yes thay are very restrictive and do take time to become acustomed to wearing them....I think there one of those clotheing items you love or hate....
    There are lots of styles depending on what you really want to achive.....
    A nice high waist girdle works great to....
    Attached Images Attached Images

I have a red one it not restrictive but it nice and has garter straps
    Angie G

I ordered one from Meschantes.com a few weeks ago, and am waiting for them to deliver it. I'm really looking forward to it. I'll let you know how it goes. . .
    -Sedona

Banned Read only

Nothing sexier......

I tried on my first corset enfemme at La Senza. An overly interested salesgirl, sensing that I was having trouble getting it on (not what I meant, dirty minds!) asked if it was ok to help me lace it up to get the full effect. Ummmmm, ok! I said...Kaching!....sale! I love it!

I spent a lot of money on a corset a few years ago, and, although I liked the way it pulled, pushed, and squished me to a more feminine figure, I just never liked the way it felt -- way uncomfortable! If I'm not comfy, I'm not happy.

Not to say I won't wear it again if I have a nice place to go and want to look my best.

Silver Member
    Dear Shelly,

"Is wearing a corset a good idea?".

Sure, if you want to. A good, well fitting corset can do wonders for your figure and shouldn't do any harm to you in the process. Notice that I said "good, well fitting". A corset should be made to your measurments and broken in slowly. It will take on your shape gradually.

Is there a medical component? Well, tight lacing may contribute to acid reflux disease, but if you are careful not to overeat and not to lie down with one on you should be OK. If you notice an increase in heartburn or reflux, maybe you should take it easy. I think that my overuse of a laceup girdle 30 years ago contributed to my stomach problems today.You are forceably rearranging all your internal organs when you tightlace. Just go slow, be careful, and pay attention to any indication that you may be overdoing it.

You also have to like what it feels like. I don't. I felt too much like a sausage squeezed into a casing. It was not the feeling I was after so I don't do it anymore. A good one is expensive, but if you want to I can't think of any reason not to do it.

Lovies,
    Stephenie

I love the corset for my stay at home Historical stuff, but when I get out into the 21st century this fall it will stay there. Unless, of course, there's a Halloween party to go to. The question is really do we pinch the middle or pad out below the waist? I can take my middle age guy figure and make it look pretty good in Teresa mode without a corset.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Removed!
    I wear this exact one every day. I bought it in March got it in April, and have been wearing it 20 - 35 hours at a time. Yes I sleep in it too.

It cost 200, to have it made but the dramatic change in this short of time is unreal!!

If you can buy one from them. It is so worth it.

http://www.meschantes.com/corsets/tr.../training.html
    Last edited by Michelle Hart; 07-31-2006 at 06:36 PM.
    Read my monthly column On URNA And The Gender Society

Real women were built to be admired. Why be ashamed or hurt if you admire a well crafted copy or immitation?

Is it a good idea? Well my first thoughts would be to say oh hell yeah

Uncomfortable I know... but so are high heels. I'd say go for it, it's got to be fun at least, right?

M
    We are made of stars.

My answer...

[SIZE="4"]Heck YES[/SIZE]

Any questions?

PaulaJeanette
    Love to wear matching bras, panties, and garter belts

I have a black and a white one. I think they were made in the UK Love wearing them but it has to be at a time when I'm not physically active, which is rare these days.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

i have only one but i love it. black lacy front with under wire cups and a series of clips at the back.ends at the midriff and has detachable suspenders.i have cut out the cups and by leaning forward am able to create a very nice small but firm bust.very exciting.i like to wear it with high heeled mules,stay up fishnet stockings,sexy black g-string.very personal.very private.very exciting.must get another one the brand may be "berlei" but the effect is not

I have one inexpensive corset

Wearing it is the only way I can simulate an hourglass figure. I need to lose 40 pounds, and all the extra weight is around my middle.

It's very bright PURPLE, and that matches the color of absolutely nothing else in my wardrobe. That shouldn't really matter since no one else can see its color when I wear it...
    Last edited by Barbara G; 07-31-2006 at 11:07 PM.
    The Constitution was not perfect, but it was better than what we have now.

Hi Everybody:

For most of us, I think it's a must. If, you want to wear those shapely/wiggler type dresses. You combine the corset with one of those hip and butt panty girdles....voila, instant woman!

I have two of them, a leather one and one I got from the Glamour Boutique that's made in Germany. Neither is custom fit, but they seem to work for me.
    The Glamour Boutique Model is a genuine laced corset with front busk and is a very good "starter" corset. Cost was around 69 dollars. The leather corset I got off of Ebay and paid less than a hundred. It is also a lace-up and has metal stays.

I don't find either corset to be painful and have worn them for 6 and 7 hours at a time. The leather one seems to actually be cooler in hot weather and has a little more "give".

I'd give it a try, think you'll fall in love with your new girlie figure. Once you see that "new you", very hard to go back!

Peace and love, Joanie

Action crossdresser Marlena Dahlstrom's Avatar
    Actually it's a myth that corset equalled tight lacing. As fashion historian Anne Hollander documents, tight lacing was just as much a fetish in the Victorian era as it is today -- as Hollander puts it, the women who did were the equivalent of today's women who regularly wear 4-inch heels and 2-inch nails.

In reality, women wore usually corsets in a manner than was more akin to wearing a girdle. Restrictive but not immobile. That said, for me it's something that -- aside for wearing for "fun" -- is mainly useful for photo shots where one wants to be a bit curvier. For special events, I'd rather wear a long-line bra or basque (which stretch -- a corset doesn't) that hold things in but still let you bend.
    Lena

A dream? What is a dream, but a blueprint for courageous action.

http://www.adahlshouse.com

Talking make

Im actually going to make a corset!

All I need is a bit more material and some gromets & bones with clasps...

i think i could order it off a site online no?

i have been reading about corsets and lace lately...

:P
    ~ Иаяұәѕт Ģ˚Đеยงยง ~

I got this set a few months ago, LOVE IT , dun know whether can it be classfied as a corset

White corset

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    I have 2, a black one and a white one, both vintage replicas of civil war era corsets. And I just love the way they feel on!! Confining yet comphy and they add that little bit extra to finish off my girlish figure!!! Also I notice that I don't eat as much when I'm wearing a corset!! A bonus lol.... I wear mine almost every time I dress and sometimes under my male suit at work..

Bought both of them from Wicked Red's on ebay. Sheryl the owner is a sweetheart and always throws in something extra with every purchase. She's one of the 3 vendors or so that I have come out to...

The white one - http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/karren...12.jpg&.src=ph

Love Karren

Hi Karren took the liberty of viewing all your portfolio, you look good in all the shots, but especially liked the white corset.

Bye Honey Diana E xxx

Best item I ever bought

My corset is the best item I ever bought. My first one gave me about a two inch reduction, which was fine for a while. Now I have a new corset that will give me a four inch reduction when I tight lace. Normally, I keep it around two to three inches when wearing it. The corset has really helped me bring out my girlish curves.

Here's mine.

Love the constrained hugging feeling it gives as well as the extra curves.