Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is it necessary to pass?

carolbitv

passing

hi i don't think is all that important. when younger i did go out and i know i didn't do all that well. now i stay home and dress because i enjoy it. but i still try to look my best. Carol

Aspiring Member
    Has anyone ever walked in public as a male but with shaved legs and a short skirt
    I haven't. You may want to wear a knee length skirt of denim or corduroy (sp?).

I go out in various states of dress and I know many here might disagree with me. Most of the time I go out as a feminine man. I'll wear a girly tshirt with girls jeans and a charm bracelet. Sometimes to be more dareing, I put my forms in so I end up looking like a girly man with a chest. Other times, when I feel frisky, I'll wear an ultra short skirt, baby tee, frilly anklets and heels. No make up or wig. But with this outfit I only dare to get out of my car to use them ATM or grab a newspaper.

Public in the full light of day, I just appear as a feminine man... I also like the subtle rush I might get if someone takes a closer look. :redface:

I'd love to be able to pass as a woman, unfortunately that is not going to happen. When I go out I look like a man in a dress, but I enjoy going out anyway, the only person I'm trying to please is myself.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

cute_michelle_cd cute_michelle_cd's Avatar
    Passing is all arbitrary.........I know i look better then some GG's and i look not as good as others. My goal is not to look like a man in a dress or a drag queen! but it is to be, when looked at, the other person looks twice. either because they are not sure or like what they see. either way they looked twice. I've had GG friends been made fun of because of how they look. and I have also been made fun of. That is the other persons problem. they are the bulleys and bad people. Good people don't care about that stuff but care about the person not the out side shell. So make yourself feel good and be as good as you can be and your friends won't care about the rest.

All the rest is water under the bridge

michelle

No You're Not
    Passing is so last season...

Smile I agree

[SIZE="4"]I agree with you, Emma. I love denim skirts and wear it a lot. Go out and wear it to your heart's content.

Gennee
    [/SIZE]

I'm getting better with age. I may have started late, but better late than never!

"Don't let anyone define who you are".

Haley Pink~

Hmmm?

I dress the best I can every time I leave home. So when we go to the TriEss meetings and we go out to eat or what ever. Not all the people pass. We all order our own meals and talk to the people in the restaurants. We also go out to malls etc. Never have we had any problems with anyone. But it’s always in at least pairs of people for safty.
    Haley P. Kemp

O M G

It isn't like all womendom is a cover girl. Is the real question can I pulloff being pretty.
    This whole passing thing is obsured,

Emma, no you are not crazy. This is an excellent post. I agree there is nothing wrong with passing or trying to be a guy in a skirt or other feminine clothing. Be who you are or who you need to be. Conforming with society is great to blend in and be safer. But the real question is who are each of us as an individual?

Below I pulled out a few parts of other posts that jumped out and hit me. And yes I know some of them may be out of context or not how they may have meant it. They were just points that made me think followed by some of my thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennaie
    your a man in a short skirt, unaccepted by society
    IMHO, for starters, us as CDers need to get over this as a lot of the unacceptance is starting with ourselves. We want the rest of society to accept us when we do not even accept our selves. And second, leave the short skirts at home and get a skirt that is a bit more conservative like knee length or longer. If one is going to go out as a feminine guy in a skirt then look decent, not like a street walker.

Quote Originally Posted by triciaannmarie
    Why in the world would you want to go out in public looking like a man with shaved legs and wearing a skirt?
    But why would a CDer even try to pass when they obviously have the body of a man? What are they trying to hide? Why can they not be just guys in feminine clothes? And I know many of you have a need to be and look feminine. Be who you are and support others to be who they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Marla S
    Kind of freaky we are anyway in the view of the public, there is no way out.
    I agree Marla, so maybe we need to show them we are not freaky?????

Quote Originally Posted by GaleR
    I think you should look your best if going out dressed, at least make a genuine attempt to pass anyway.
    What is wrong with going out looking your best, dressed as a guy in a skirt or other feminine clothes, if that is who you are. Do we make fun of CDers going out trying to pass? Are some CDers better than others??

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly Bill
    There is not only no need to pass, but you might get more acceptance with your unabashed honesty.
    Thank you for your different view on CDing in this forum.

I love posts that make me think,

KimberlyS-CD
    KimberlyS-CD
    joe in a skirt. Being myself not trying to be some other CDer
    Just trying to find a balance for my son and myself.

Standard disclaimer: Going out of the house was right for me, it may or may not be right for you. If you've got no desire to leave the house, that's fine, I'm not trying to push you out the door. But for those who've been yearning to do so, I just want to let you know the world may not be as scary a place as you think.

Passing

Quote Originally Posted by triciaannmarie
    Why in the world would you want to go out in public looking like a man with shaved legs and wearing a skirt? You want people to make fun of you or think that your strange?.. I'm sure thats not your intention. I want to be able to go out as a woman and not some dude in a skirt. Shave your legs and wear some shorts and go out as a man and see if anyone notices More than likely nobody cares

tricia.
    Hi, triciaannmarie, I totally agree with you. Now that I'm retired I keep my body totally hairless but going out dressed up no way.If I was en femme in a home or a Cd club, that's ok. but in public areas ?...No, way !!. I live in a small S.A. town in a small country, Uruguay.When I go out at night I carry my .38 Army Colt six shooter with me at all times. I live in the real world, I live my fantasies at home.
    [SIZE="2"]I love to feel feminine[/SIZE]

Passing for a GG

Quote Originally Posted by cute_cd_paige
    [SIZE="3"]I myself would never dream of going out just in a skirt and no wig or make up , i guess im one of the ones trying to pass and when i get time to dress up i make sure i have plenty of time to put on everything , make up , nails ,wig etc.. it just doesnt feel right for me to not go all the way when im getting all dolled up[/SIZE]
    Cute, you're probably one of the few Cd's that can "pass for a GG". You look very "real" in your picture. Let me ask you a question: what about talking to others in public ?
    [SIZE="2"]I love to feel feminine[/SIZE]

it is very important to me to look good, I plan on going out but I have work to do first, whether this is right or wrong it's one of them, its about what feels right to the individual, I wanna look hot to feel good and go about my everyday business en femme as best I can.

Linda is very prominent and becoming more so not less.. I owe it to her to look good at least..........
    Kate xx Home at last

"Used to be a sweet boy
    Holding so tightly
    To Daddy's hand
    But that was all
    In some distant land"

Morrisey

wanna be

My rule book says, "pass or fail"

And it's just my opinion. Maybe it's my competitiveness or drive to be the best that I can be. Call me crazy, but if I ever feel I can pass I'll be out. In the mean time, I enjoy working on Ginas look.

On the other hand, I go out as a male wearing neutral womens clothing and a light makeup application. For ex. VSecrets shorts and fitted T with sandals. It's detectable by some but not offensive to anyone. This is certainly not Gina, but it holds me over.

For me, if I'm going to look like a women, I should pass, but if I'm going out as a male, I blurr the lines a bit.
    [SIZE="4"]Gina - Girl[/SIZE]

Air food and water are necessary.

The rest is luxury.

Seriosly though It depends on your own personal frame of mind.

Many would like to be able to I think, though I accept that its simply not going to happen. Some people don't care and / or don't try.

Maybe if I went out dressed with the swiss national ladies rugby team I just might not get noticed

So no for me since I don't really think I could pass its not that important for me.

Susan
    Susan
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[SIZE="3"]If you love freedom set it free. If it comes back, its yours, if not, its 1936 Stalinist Russia! - The Daily Show[/SIZE]

Junior Member Scrunchie-Bunchie's Avatar
    I don't think passing is important. Having said that, all the people on the street think it is. I'd much rather go out in a skirt and hose and be seen as "normal" than as "that pervy wierdo". I don't particularly feel like shaving my face although shaving my legs has some appeal.

I would love to be able to go everywhere in a dress etc but I have to realise the world is not my own place but a place I share with other and as such we all have to conform in order to get along. Maybe in 100 years or so men will be able to go about in skirts and hose as normal. Maybe we'll be comparing lipsticks etc with women we meet in the stores. Alternatively we could end up with the whole world being Islamic and the segregation problems that would cause.

passing

No it isnt necessary to be passable ,but you have to be careful whereyou go if you dont,especially if it is very obvious.There are so very many haters out there and you dont want to have any trouble when you are in a skirt and heels.Some people might want to hurt you or worst.When i go out in a skirt and heels i always wear makeup and all to look my best,sometimes just for a drive or a walk(i pick a place i know is safe or do it when it is late enough that i know i shouldnt have anyone see)or to like a gay club or adult book store.(adult bookstores have crossdressers comming in all the time and dont care ,and the men who go there are allways pervs and might even walk up and hit on you

I have went out as Michelle many many times It is grate. I live as Michelle 90% of the time. The more you are out the better you feal about it

Michelle liz

Who the heck drug this thread out of the basement?
    [SIZE="3"]Jennaie`[/SIZE]

Necessary to pass?

It's only necessary to pass if the truck in fornt of you is going really slow and there's a sale on size 12 wide pumps three miles down road

I also need to feel that I can pass.I may not be a supermodel,but I definately look feminine.Actually having ppl give me the odd compliment is such a rush.But no I could never go out dressed in women's clothes looking totally like a man,I believe this is most likely going to provoke some non accepting types.

Good luck to you either way and please be careful,

hugs,
    Melanie

Just a Guy in a Skirt.... USNguyNskirt's Avatar
    I go out as just a guy in a skirt all the time. No one seems to care. Course the shorter the skirt, the more problems you may have. And very few people will notice/say anything if you shave your legs. Don't do it myself, but pretty much thats the feeling I get from most of the people on here that do it

Some of us are into the clothes. Some of us are into becoming a woman. That probably is the division between those who would be content dressed but as a man versus those who only dress to pass.

I have gone out in a skirt as a man a few times with no negative reactions. People don't know how to react to you, but most people don't have to react to you. However, I feel odd dressed so uncommonly. I would rather wear less obvious clothes if I am truely going to be out and about en semi femme.

I stumbled across another forum where guys just go out wearing skirts and kilts. www.skirtcafe.org I don't think it is as active as this forum.

I tend to think that the necessity to pass should take second priority to necessity to be accepted as someone who prefers ladies fashions over men's.

Aspiring Member Christina Nicole's Avatar
    Yes, it is necessary for me. I rather be a woman, but since I cannot be one, having people see me as one is ok.

Warm regards,
    Christina Nicole