Thread: getting the ears pierced

Redhead Ready to Rock Bobbie cd's Avatar

getting the ears pierced

Hi gurls,

I decided that I am finally going to just do it.
    For years I put up a front of disdaining getting any
    piercings, but particularly the ears. Now have decided to
    just 'bite the bullet' and go for it.

But, I am not going to settle for the wimpy little gold
    starter buttons or anything like that. I ordered a nice
    'tasteful' set of small sterling silver skull studs.
    (If the people at work notice, I'll just tell them it's a biker
    version of a mid-life crisis LOL).

The part that made me the most nervous was that I asked my daughter to do it for me. (She worked for several tattoo shops as a liscensed piercing technician.)
    She was cool about it, which made me happy.
    (Of course if she had made a big deal out of it, I could have pointed out the fact that her bf has diamond studs in his ears - it doesn't seem to be as much of a big deal as it used to, thankfully.)

Still, it was hard for me to work up the nerve to ask, as I have never come out to her and don't think I want to risk the relationship that I have always had with her.

I will try to post some pics once I get it done.

go for it girl. I am so happy for you , I'm still trying to talk the wife into letting me get mine done.
    keep on gurlin everyone. paula may

My wife did mine for me,two holes in each ear.

Banned Read only
    I just donpt see where earings are a big deal in todays society be it that they are worn by gays, straights, males females young or old.....its something that has just gone to the point of being totally acceptable by all levels. NOw I do know that perhaps havoing ears pierced in certain jobs may present a problem, but its ore from a possible loss of earings or the presence of metal etc than it is the mere thought of wearing a earings, be it by male or females.

The day I retired form the military, I changed into Kathy, went to the Mall and promptly had my ears pierced, then headed to Victoria Secrets for a new bra and then the local dept staore for a look at their sales /clearance racks of dresses.......Being military at the time it was impossible due to restraints imposed to wear "accrutements" as they put it, in my ears unti lthe holes healed, but they did not have anyhting against it when out of uniform....I tired clear nylon fish line to keep the holes open one time but it was not acceptable either while in uniform....Having pierced ears in no way determines if a person CD, is gay or straight....its like wearing a watch today, nothing more, and should not be a hangup or factor that deters a person in getting them pierced.

Hi Bobbie,

Congratulations! After putting up with the discomfort of clip earrings, as well as the small selection available, you're going to love shopping for and wearing earrings now.

I pierced my ears about 20 years ago, and have never regretted it!

Carol
    My name is Carol.

Question?

I'm thinking of having my ears pierced. How long do the studs have to stay in after the piercing? After the studs are removed, do the holes stay open by themselves or try to close back up?

Vikki

I keep thinking of getting my ears peirced but haven't done it yet....not sur etat my SO would really go for it! Mentioned it once a few years back and got a reallt 'sour' look from her! Maybe it's time to mention it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbie cd
    Hi gurls,

...(If the people at work notice, I'll just tell them it's a biker
    version of a mid-life crisis LOL).

And I love your though above! I might even try that with my wife, and since she won't let me buy a bike I can tell her this is the next best thing
    Gabrielle -- named by my mother after my Great Grandmother

Quote Originally Posted by vbcdgrl
    I'm thinking of having my ears pierced. How long do the studs have to stay in after the piercing? After the studs are removed, do the holes stay open by themselves or try to close back up?

Vikki
    About six weeks. The holes may try to close for a while after that if you don't wear anything.

Thank You, Kaitlin

Vikki

Had mind done for years..I love dimonds so I wear small diamond studs, unless I'm going out dress then it's the long dangling ones...sterling silver skulls may be a little young for you...I know! how about lighting bolts just kidding go for what ever makes you feel good.
    Dee Dee

Got mine done about four months a go now I know what it's like to face an atom bomb blast named Balinda ! LOL I choked and took one out. Did see a guy today with four in one ear and two in the other.

I am Ana, hear me roar! 27th Jennifer's Avatar

Mine, too

I've had my ears pierced since I was 15, and I'm thirty now. I stretched them out to 8 guage. (Very thick and rather painful) But alas, men aren't alowed to wear earings at work.