Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I am an idiot... I think

Quote Originally Posted by Ranee Daze
    But what exactly is behind the drive to be dressed every day at work? Isn't work itself hard enough that it has to become some sort of proving ground for your makeover skills? Not to mention the time, effort and expense of daily dressing. For sure my skin would not tolerate a daily close shave plus foundation regimen too well.
    For me, being trapped in a "Mrs. Doubtfire" situation where I was obliged to be dressed every day would poop all of the fun out of dressing. It would very soon cease to be anything special at all. I am a musician and I used to really feel special all tuxedoed up, nowadays it is just another hanger to reach for, and a pretty steep monthly cleaning bill.
    All this to say, why don't you re-examine your dressing fully and answer a simple question about why you need to dress at work.? It may be better to have separate lives after all.
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]I think there is a whole lot of good common sense in this.[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Ranee Daze
    But what exactly is behind the drive to be dressed every day at work? Isn't work itself hard enough that it has to become some sort of proving ground for your makeover skills? Not to mention the time, effort and expense of daily dressing. For sure my skin would not tolerate a daily close shave plus foundation regimen too well.
    For me, being trapped in a "Mrs. Doubtfire" situation where I was obliged to be dressed every day would poop all of the fun out of dressing. It would very soon cease to be anything special at all. I am a musician and I used to really feel special all tuxedoed up, nowadays it is just another hanger to reach for, and a pretty steep monthly cleaning bill.
    All this to say, why don't you re-examine your dressing fully and answer a simple question about why you need to dress at work.? It may be better to have separate lives after all.
    There is truth in this, it has just always been a fantay of mine - perhaps related to the idea of doing something I want to do annyway but escaping some of the responsibility for it. It migh indeed take the fun out of it, but I find the idea titillating nonetheless