Thread: Support your local............

Support your local............

Just thought of this while I was doing my normal daydreaming at lunch . I assume we all want to support our "sisters". Well at least I do. But have you ever looked in the yellow pages under "Crossdressing employeers"? Pretty slim pickings. So how about it if we just post what we do, ( work wise ) in case somehow we can benefit others or others can benefit us? I am a general contractor here in Arizona and work with a realestate agent, who is openly gay, in filling the needs of his customers (keep the thought pattern clean here :nono: ). I in turn refer customers to him. My business print needs are taken care of by one of our club members, etc. etc. Now if I knew of other CD's in the area, I would be happy to help support. You may not be in my area, but others may be in yours. Anyone?

Sorry, but 95 more drive up's, before I retire....BJ
    ps.From the General and Mrs. Motors.

Stephanie, a great idea, and you deserve huge business success for thinking of it, but to those of us in the closet, this would blow the roof off .
    I would dearly love to support, and be supported by, like-minded people, but, heck, .............!!!

Similarly, how nice it would be when advertising for staff, say, a receptionist, to post it up on here. Can you imagine the reaction to an ad in the local paper " Cross dressers welcome to apply ".

Think of a solution, and you can come and fix my leaking gutter.

Win
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Long Lakeland Legs

Good idea, but in my case, people just might have a bit of a problem with a CD tour guide! Love and xxxx, Lily

Interesting. I myself do nothing much. Had a security gig for a while but now ive got no steady work. Ok with computers and various forms of coding though so anyone in or around ireland or anywhere for that matter that wants something gimme a call. I might just be able to work for you.

My area

Actually, there is no real "committment" in my area, so I'm mostly on my own. Most of the gals I know are in various stages of being closeted and/or get "CD'd out" in the Summer and take a break, going back to doing guy things like drinking beer, going fishing, letting their body hair grow, etc. It's nice to be a "pioneer" but dammit, downright lonely sometimes. After I really retire next year, been thinking about becoming a private investigator as Richard. Of course Ericka will be on staff as an undercover operative. Will probably be a "free lancer" though as I don't care for "organized" PI outfits. I'm an independent gal and need to do things my way. I'm all for helping out other CD folks in any case. Take care, Ericka

Online CD employment agency via crossdressers.com ?

Quote Originally Posted by Emeralddragon
    Interesting. I myself do nothing much. Had a security gig for a while but now ive got no steady work. Ok with computers and various forms of coding though so anyone in or around ireland or anywhere for that matter that wants something gimme a call. I might just be able to work for you.
    That got me wondering if this very forum could be useful for advertising our skills, services (not those sort !) and any job vacancies. Maybe a forum section, or at least a thread, for potential employers and employees who are either CDs or CD friendly. What say girls ?

Suppose it could help. At least youd know that if you didnt get the job its definately because they found someone better instead of saying no cos youre a guy in a dress.

Yes Lilith, that's kind of what I had in mind. I know the concerns that Win Der Mere has. Heck, I'm not blatent about my CD status, nor do my alternate lifestyle friends run adds in the local paper about it. ( O.K., maybe the realestate agent does for himself, but not the rest) We all just keep it under wraps, so to speak, and keep it with-in "our" community.
    Now, Win Der Mere, as far as your comment " I would dearly love to support...", well you can. If you found out someone on this or other forums were CD - then utilize thier business. You don't have to tell anyone your CD nor have a "CD discount card" to shop there. Just do it. But if we knew you were, it would be nice. I certainly would give Win Der Mere a discount on fixing her roof if and when it gets blown off!

Quote Originally Posted by Ericka Richards
    After I really retire next year, been thinking about becoming a private investigator as Richard. Of course Ericka will be on staff as an undercover operative.
    That is way cool! 20 years from now, it'll be a hit TV series.