Thread: Eyebrows

Eyebrows

Hello,
    I was wondering if any of you other girls have ever used eyebrow plastic?
    I've seen it on the web, & was wondering how well it realy worked, & if it was
    worth buying. I have heavy eyebrows which set low on my brow, & even if I could pluck them it wouldn't do much good anyway. If you have no idea what I'm talking about, this stuff is like a putty which basically covers your eyebrows. Then you cover it with make up & stencil new ones on.
    Thanks, Brooke A.

I haven't heard of it, but why not just go and get your brows waxed? Lots of guys do it. You can start out gradually, plucking the edges at home. You can buy eyebrow waxing strips, but I haven't found them to be expecially effective. I have been plucking the white hairs and the stiff, mean, shiny black hairs out for years. I have had them waxed a few times, then keep them clean myself.
    I accidentally 'waxed' my right brow with muffler cement. I dropped a gob on it when I was working on an exhaust system, and when I pulled it off later, a good portion of my brow went with it! I did a little touch up on the other side to make it look less imbalanced. A couple of ladies I work with were talking about eyebrows, and wondering why so many men let theirs turn to bush. 'Wayne's look good, for example" So I had to confess that mine were that trim by accident. It just shows that, even when you wax them quite extremely, others may not even consciously notice. Check Dana's makeup site.

I get a haircut about every six weeks or so, and have my eyebrows waxed at the same time. The gal I see was the one who suggested it first when she noticed that they looked like something a Yeti would have.
    Took her up on the offer and after a year at doing that I don't believe I'll stop now.
    Lead me NOT into temptation
    (I can find my own way)
    I HAVE WALKED THAT MILE IN HER HEELS
    CURTSY to all BOW to [SIZE="3"]NONE[/SIZE]

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...6284/event.png

Silver Member
    I've been getting mine waxed for years at the shop wear I get my haircut---if you are concerned about not looking too femme when you are in drab just tell the beautician that you want them waxed but not like Betty Davis---more like Brooke Shields

I've never tried waxing but have been pluckingg them pretty regularly. It seems to have done the trick once I got them shaped the way I wanted. Oh yea, my hair is pretty thick and dark as well.
    Gabrielle -- named by my mother after my Great Grandmother

Hi Brooke

I am a gg, but I have used the wax before, only becauase I was going for the drag queen look for Pride Events.

Anyway, this is my advice, skip the 'sealer' stuff. Usually the info I have read about applying eyebrow wax they always say use an eyebrow sealer, but I found the sealer was ready to peel after about 4 hours. Also it was hard to apply make up on top of the sealer, not to mention drawing the new eyebrow. I found just using wax, then applying a layer of foundation, then set with loose powder. Then you shoudl be able to draw on them and also put eyeshadow on. If you really want to see what the results look like I can post a pic. Now I have to say this is one of the things where practice makes perfect.

Also the eyebrow wax is really hard to work with, I sort of mixed it in my fingers with Max Factor Pan Stick FOundation to make it esaier to smear on. ALso have a wash cloth handy that wax seems to set easier on your fingers than your face!

Bottom line it is a difficult and painstaking medium to work woth, but for me I really needed it to achieve that DQ look. Otherwise I just look too much like a gg....

Cereal Killer Ashley in Virginia's Avatar
    I hate to sound stupid, (no actually I dont, I kinda like being stupid but I digress,) wouldn't putting wax on top of your eyebrows leave two funny looking bumps on your face?

I did look into that since I also had thick eyebrows but after seeing an episode of "what not to wear" where Carmendy showed this guy how to trim his eyebrows, I started to trim mine. Then I also started plucking a few hairs a day, from the bottom only, until I pared them down fairly thinnish. Took a couple months and no one noticed not even my wife. . So I keep them plucked but leave the individual hairs longish so I can muss them up for male mode. A little clear mascara to slick them back and hold them inplace and I'm ready for girl mode!!

My wife has even complimented me on how much younger I look now vs a few years ago!! Another positive aspect of crossdressing. Hehe

Love Karren
    Last edited by Karren H; 07-20-2006 at 01:43 PM.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Quote Originally Posted by kathy gg
    Hi Brooke

I am a gg, but I have used the wax before, only becauase I was going for the drag queen look for Pride Events.

Anyway, this is my advice, skip the 'sealer' stuff. Usually the info I have read about applying eyebrow wax they always say use an eyebrow sealer, but I found the sealer was ready to peel after about 4 hours. Also it was hard to apply make up on top of the sealer, not to mention drawing the new eyebrow. I found just using wax, then applying a layer of foundation, then set with loose powder. Then you shoudl be able to draw on them and also put eyeshadow on. If you really want to see what the results look like I can post a pic. Now I have to say this is one of the things where practice makes perfect.

Also the eyebrow wax is really hard to work with, I sort of mixed it in my fingers with Max Factor Pan Stick FOundation to make it esaier to smear on. ALso have a wash cloth handy that wax seems to set easier on your fingers than your face!

Bottom line it is a difficult and painstaking medium to work woth, but for me I really needed it to achieve that DQ look. Otherwise I just look too much like a gg....

Yes I tried the sealer and spirit gum method and it was disastrous - it was still sticky an hour after I applied it. I'll try it your way Kathy, but where do you get the eyebrow wax from?
    Caught your hand inside the till,
    Slammed your fingers in the door.
    Fought with kitchen knives and skewers.....