Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Random Compliments...

Aspiring Member

Random Compliments...

I just find it really awesome how gg's will randomly complement each other on outfits, shoes, hair, nails...etc. There have been times while en drab, I just wanted to give a random complement to a woman, but held my tongue because I didnt want to come across the wrong way, or seem perverted. I just remember as a child how common it was for men to tip their hats, or nod their heads when coming in contact with a woman. There are times I just want to walk up to a gg, and tell her "I love those shoes, they are so adorable" and not come across the wrong way. Though, in my single days, comments on the shoes or any other noticeable small detail would break the ice and get me a date or two.
    Rachel

Rachel I think an over all compliment would be nice kinda an approval on the whole package, otherwise I'd think she might get suspicious about your intentions.

I understand what Rachel M is talking about. Just the other day I stopped for lunch at a "fast food place" ( I know, bad for the waist line) , and I noted this mid 20's gal who was wearing a pretty pair of Gauchos, white 2" heeled sandals, and a lacy top, with her hair in a pony tail. Looked really light, breezey, and summery. Nice total put together package. I sooooo wanted to compliment her on what she had done, with "the look" but.....because I was wearing my work clothes I said nothing.
    Kinda bothers me.
    Lead me NOT into temptation
    (I can find my own way)
    I HAVE WALKED THAT MILE IN HER HEELS
    CURTSY to all BOW to [SIZE="3"]NONE[/SIZE]

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...6284/event.png

When I am shopping in drab, I always complement the SA's on their look or a particular item of clothing if I like it....I think my mannerisms and voice inflection when shopping let them know I'm femme. They always seem to enjoy that. And it makes me feel soooo girly, too.
    If you can't wear heels, what's the sense of dressing?......

Compliments

I get compliments all the time as Ericka. Of course as any woman, I totally "eat them up". Ericka

I always give compliments to gg's when a compliment is due. Sincerity is the bi-word. A sincere compliment is always appreciated. Your overall body language and mannerisms will always let the gg know just how sincere the compliment is.

Jodi

Platinum Member
    well yes i do make compliments to gg's on how thy look ... and it can be done without looking like your some kinda stocker or something .... you just have to carefully not to get too personal and always watch and listen for signs that you may be making her uncomfortable ....but me just being that shy person i am ... i can talk to just about anyone.... people gg's included like that someone notices them and has something nice to say about them .... just don't get like weird or any thing like that....

Silver Member

compliments

The difference IMHO is your intentions. Most people, GGs included, are reluctant to engage total strangers in conversation. If you merely compliments someone and MOVE ON, your compliment will be taken as intended 99% of the time. When you see an outfit that you like or a skirt or shoes you like, be open about it. Just say, with a nice smile, "nice dress", or, "nice shoes", and mean it. And then move on. This poses no threat and leaves no question but that you meant only to compliment.

If on the other hand you want to engage in more than this, such as, "where did you get it?", you have to be prepared for the brush off or some form of rejection as it is clear that you want more than just to compliment. You want to engage in some form of social interaction which the other person may or may not want.

It will be clear to the other person what your intentions are from the way you act. Act like a lady and you will be treated like one 99% of the time. Act like a horney guy and take your chances.

Lovies,
    Stephenie

Talking Go ahead take the risk

I have found that if a man or a woman for that matter compliments me on something I am wearing or the way I look is very flattering. Do I automatically think they want me? Nope... I take it as intended as a compliment.

I can't see any reason why any woman would be upset at hearing someone likes their shoes or what ever.

Banned Read only
    A few days ago Iaw a GG with beautiful fingernails and wanted to compliment her.

After about 10 minutes of worrying how to, in case she got the wrong idea I simply told her I thought her nails looked lovely and I loved the colour of the polish.

She told me she'd had a bad morning at work and I'd just cheered her up

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachel M
    There have been times while en drab, I just wanted to give a random complement to a woman, but held my tongue because I didnt want to come across the wrong way, or seem perverted.
    This hits a chord with me too. Only yesterday, I was at work and there is this young woman in our office who, that day, was wearing the cutest, white, floaty, embroidered gypsy mini skirt. I so wanted to say to her "gosh Jackie, that is the cutest skirt! where did you get it?" implying that I want one too. But of course I didn't because the guy sat next to her would have overheard me, she might have felt uncomfortable and thought I was was weird or something, and also, seeing as she is about 18 years younger than me she might have thought I was trying to hit on her or some such thing....although I very much doubt the last example.

Sometimes I wish I could be out (and more importantly, accepted) at work. Then I could wear some nicer more femmine clothes and also make girly conversation without it affecting my employment.
    Last edited by Rachel Morley; 07-22-2006 at 11:52 AM.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

I often compliment GGs on a particularly good hair cut or style. Offer the compliment and move on....

Taffy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Click Here to View My Website: Taffy's Tea Trolley
    "Growing old is inevitable; growing up is optional..."

GGs can usually tell if a compliment is a come-on or not. I love it when anyone, male or female, compliments me on my clothes, hair, makeup or nails -- unless it is done in a "creepy" way. You just know when a guy is trying to get somewhere with you, as opposed to simply letting you know that you look nice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

And if the people stare
    Then the people stare
    Oh, I really don't know and I really don't care....

--The Smiths

I guess getting older has its privileges, such as blurting out stuff to strangers, something you'd never do when younger.

In guy mode I frequently compliment GG's, friends and strangers, on how nice they look, or that a color they're wearing really works, but otherwise not specifying a particular item of clothing. I've even complemented a girl waiting in a doctor's office on how pretty her eyes were. Of course, that was just as I was leaving. She was kinda startled at first, but then smiled prettily and said thank you.

Girls know when they look good, or have exceptional features, so a compliment just reinforces that, at least that's my rationale.

Mitzi

Quote Originally Posted by Stephenie S
    The difference IMHO is your intentions. Most people, GGs included, are reluctant to engage total strangers in conversation. If you merely compliments someone and MOVE ON, your compliment will be taken as intended 99% of the time. When you see an outfit that you like or a skirt or shoes you like, be open about it. Just say, with a nice smile, "nice dress", or, "nice shoes", and mean it. And then move on. This poses no threat and leaves no question but that you meant only to compliment.
    Lovies,
    Stephenie
    I wholeheartedly agree. At a function last autumn, there was a very attractive late twenties girl in great clothes and killer boots. As she strode by me the second or third time, we made eye contact, and I said, "Great Boots!" She didn't expect it, paused, smiled broadly and said, "Why, thank you!"
    I asked a very plain lady recently where she got her sandals. She could probably have been very attractive when she was dressed, but was out doing errands. The sandals had soles and heels that looked like cork, leather sides with leather laces running from the tops of her toes to the top of her arches. VERY sexy. Her toenails were manicured but not painted. She was slightly startled, looked at her feet, and said something like"Oh! thank you, um, Vancouver...." Smiled and went on her way. At a conference in the winter, I commented to a female colleague that the presenter's nails, lipstick accessories and shoes were all the very same shade of pink. She was quite impressed, and suggested that I make note of that on the session comment card. She said it would be appreciated, coming from a guy. There you go.
    Last edited by Wenda; 07-22-2006 at 01:26 PM.

Hmmm.

So, you're endrab, and a guy says you look good.
    Does he fancy you ?

Win.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Long Lakeland Legs

Absolutely fabulous
    I agree wholeheartedly with Marla GG (the wise one ), we GG's are generally pretty good at figuring out whether or not the compliment is real. Any genuine compliment is appreciated. So, Rachel, I love being told that my shoes/boots are adorable and would gladly tell you where i got them
    [SIZE="1"]"All you have to do is believe, and it's yours" Kirk Brandon

All people contain the potentiality of enlightenment; and the process, therefore, is just in becoming what you are.
    [/SIZE]

freshman member elizabeth nicole's Avatar
    While out with my gf dresses two weeks ago at a club that has a lot of trans gender clientel i told one of the waitresses that she had on a lovely skirt and she said thanks then proceded to tell me that she just wished she had my legs.I almost fell down never expected amything like it.Foud that if you are being honest you are thanked and every one goes on.
    [SIZE="3"]ELIZABETH NICOLE[/SIZE] eat drink and be Mary cause its better than being Gary.

New England, Mass, Lowell, north of Boston 1/2 hour

Mall lookin

The wife and I will take a break while at the mall, As we sit on the nice stuffed sofa I start looking, ( ive low vision so I have to look EXTRA hard ) the wife know's I enjoy looking but what she isnt seeing is that I look at how they walk and dress, ect shape help's alot too, I dont see the pretty faces like I use to but if one come's by us close and she is a knock out I feel like telling her, But I dont wanna start WW3, not that im trying to be xtra friendly like she might think. When a woman dresses and look's nice she deserves a " May I say how very nice you look , my wife think's so too "
    that last line might save you, hehe

Aspiring Member
    I don't hesitate to compliment. ( although I never dress totally fem or try to pass ) If I compliment, it's because I mean it, and I'm never looking for a date and it is never a pick up line.

Aspiring Member
    Thanks to all the comments and post. I really appreciate the gg's input. I have been enlightened on their perspective. I look, act, walk and almost talk like a GG. Just gotta think like one now. I feel like idiot, when I'm dressed, I am seeking smiles and compliments for affirmation. It takes a lot of effort to be a woman, So yes, I will go ahead commit random acts of kindness and pay those compliments where they are due!
    Thanks All,
    Rachel

Wanna feel Pretty? Do it! CindyFinalyFree's Avatar
    I agree that when a compliment is due, it should be paid. I have no trouble expressing a favorable opinion of a female co-worker's attire, be it nails (toe polish included), shoes, a nice dress, etc... As far as work is concerned (at least as far as I know), I'm all guy, despite my compliments. If maintaining that stature is important to you, just do as so many have recommended.... compliment and move on.

I don't know how many times I've wanted to chat with a gg about how unfair it is that guys can't express themselves with fashion in as many ways as a female. Seems to me that your question is "what are the chances they'll out me if..." Honestly, I believe it's all in technique, timing, and most of all frequency....
    Cinthia Madison

Wishing I got more than my mother's looks

Those that matter don't mind... Those that mind don't matter!!!

I will agree with the other here. If a compliment is due it should be given. I am not afraid to give a complimant if I see something that I like. At almost 50 years old it is not too often that they are taken as a come-on.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

A compliment is a compliment, and I think everyone like to get compliments. Just yesterday, I commented to a co-worker about a change in her hairstyle and color, and she was a little taken that I had noticed a difference, and told me a history of her hair ove the years, and thanked me for noticing. Love and xxxx, Lily

I was at the Twinkledome Glam party friday night. Saw this really cute GG that had a great outfit on. She was standing by her self for a few moments with a serious look on her face. I went up to her and simply said how much I liked her outfit and look! She broke out in the biggest smile and I could tell she really liked the comment.

Funny that it was already mentioned in the thread here...but I did just move right along after complimenting her. That does indeed give the receiptent of the compliment the signal that you are not putting the move on them. Of course you can check back on them a bit later to see if you get eye contact and a signal to approach them again. Oppps I am going too much into Deidra's bar pickup techniques.