Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Explaining post and parcels to others

Question Explaining post and parcels to others

If those of you that buy all of your clothing and accessories from online stores or auction sites, explain to the people you live with (friends or family) about all the parcels you receive via post or courier ? The odd one or two isn't so bad, it's when you frequently purchase new gear and keep running out of excuses. It's for a friend at work or something for the computer etc. Has anyone been found out this way by questions regarding your parcels ? or worse damaged wrapping so your new item of clothing is on view for all to see ! You may know the postman or a neighbour may have taken a parcel in for you and seen whats inside. It could be there is already suspicions about your life style. It's ok for those who live alone or have the nerve to shopping in town or the out of town mall. If you have any comments or experienced any of the above or others, please add them to this thead.

Kind regards

Carla

Hey Carla....
    I have a po box at ups store.....solves a lot problems.

Is it just me or......... Carroll's Avatar
    your money, you package, your business, not theirs.

Sorry pretty much to the point LOL

Carroll
    Drumming, My other hobby

No, Carroll

It isn't that easy.
    A Po box at a post office where nobody knows you is one solution, but expensive, and in my case has to be miles away.
    It is a valid and tricky problem, and shopping in person seems to be the obvious solution.

Win
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Long Lakeland Legs

I own my house, but have had renters upstairs. Three girls lived there last year, and mentioned to my son, who was visiting at the time, the surprising number of parcels that I received. He ahd already learned some of my secret when my closet door swung open revealling 12 pairs of size 11 and 12 lady's shoes.

Banned Read only
    I can't even imagine worrying about what the neighbors think about the number of packages you get, yeesh! If they have nothing better to do with thier time then that, then no need to worry about them at all. You only have to worry about people who have a life.

If I only had neighbors to worry about (which I don't)! Each time a package shows up on Saturday (when the missus, the breadwinner) is home, I race to nab it quick. She knows; the issue is the money I spend (too much).

I have all mine (wigs, breast forms, padded panties, etc...) sent to work. no one ever opens my mail or packages but security does xray them when they enter the building!!!

Hmmmmm Wendy might be right.....I can hear the guards now...."That engineer on the 4th floor just got a new set of boobs, again"!! hehehe

Another alternative is get a mailbox at the post office or at Mailbox, Etc (the UPS Store).......

Love karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Formerly lisameaghan :) Lisa Maren's Avatar

Hi

I, too, have a "PMB" at a UPS store. (Same thing as a PO Box). It really does wonders solving that problem. Before I got the box, I had been sticking to merchants that serve both genders so that questions wouldn't be raised. For instance, I bought my pantyhose (and still do) through Walgreen's online site. It's so easy to say that it's a shipment of toiletries and who the heck enjoys walking around a Walgreens anyway? lol

Hugs,
    Lisa
    [SIZE="1"]What lies behind me and what lies before me are tiny matters compared to the girl who lies within me.
    -- A twist on Ralph Waldo Emerson

To know what you prefer instead of humbly saying Amen to what the world tells you you ought to prefer, is to have kept your soul alive.
    -- Robert Louis Stevenson

Ubi dubium, ibi libertas. (Where there is doubt, there is freedom.)
    -- Latin Proverb
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Carla

I have a PO box as well (opened it after seeing a similar thread previously). For me its worth the cost to reduce the hassle. My problem is where to store the stuff. You will have guessed my SO doesn't know.

Platinum Member
    look them squre in the eye and say it's womens underwear....what do you think it is??? walk away.....

If only dreams came true. susancheerleader's Avatar
    I have a PO box as well.
    Most parcels come with no identifiable markings. However, there have been more then a few that have come with "Cheerleaders USA" or something.
    Living in a very small town where everyone knows someone, this is tricky. Even the Postmaster keeps asking "Philip, what is up with all the Ebay/ whatever packages?"
    I just smile and say "I like to shop."
    By now I am sure more then a few people in this small town know what I am doing. But so far I haven't encountered any problems.... Kind of make me feel more like "coming out" better!

Banned Read only
    you can buy your pantyhose at wallgreens without raising an eyebrow, women sent thier BFs out for that crap all the time.

In the past I considered a P.O. box, but in the end I decided to just shop for everything in person. It took some nerve at first, but the more I shopped the easier it became. Nowadays I don't really think about it too much, if I want something I just buy it. I think my most daring purchase was buying some eyelashes from Clairs, the girl asked "are they for you?" yes I replied, and and she served me with a knowing smile. This was the same girl that had pierced my ears last year, she is always polite and helpful.

I have never used Ebay (am I the only one?) I have occasionally used mail order, but I worry about the package going to a neighbour if I happen to be out.

For once, I think I've got all of you beat! At my job, I do all the incoming and outgoing mail and courier shipments, and nobody'd notice a few extra packages coming in and out of the mail room! A lot of them are computers, so even if it's a big enough box for five or six pairs of high heels, it would blend in with all the others!

I don't worry about it she just puts the package on my bed and says nothing. "Bare Necessities" ships in a plain wrapper if anyone wants to know.

I started to use catalogs when I was 18 and moved away from home to University. I was in a small bedsitter of my own and there was no problem with mail being delivered. Many people in the UK, especially stdents and the lower paid used catalog and Mail Order shopping then as way to obtain clothes etc and pay for them over a few months as Credit Cards were not a widely available then in the UK. A parcel arriving was not a matter of comment and in those days I would buy male clothing as well as female on the same order.

Nowadays of course the Internet has taken over and buying on the web using my Credit Cards has taken over. I live in a self contained Flat (Appartment) in what the Yanks would call a Condominium . Nobody takes the slighest interest if a parcel arrives for me and it is left in the hallway for me to collect when I come home from work.

Another useful factor here in the Home Counties and South East of England is that there are many people living on their own and people are very insular not being interested in what others do unless it impinges on them to their disadvantage. They do not pry into their neighbours' private affairs. This can be different in other parts of the UK such as Scotland, The West Country, North of the Trent and in small villages etc. I could not tell you who my Postman (Mail Deliverer) is nor do I care, and they seem to change often in any event.

Of course I never have any clothing parcels delivered to work only high cost equipment if bought over the Internet and I am likely to be away from home when delivered. I don't mind the lads on Goods Inwards discovering that I have bought a digital camera but I would be a bit worried if they received a parcel containing some packs of pink floral patterned panties, a couple of bras and two pleated skirts.
    [SIZE="5"]Helen[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Carroll
    your money, you package, your business, not theirs.

Sorry pretty much to the point LOL

Carroll
    I'm lucky, my mom seems to have an implicit understanding of this notion

She never ever checked the contents of the last 70 packages I received during the last few months

Ann Craven

But where's the fun in shopping.......

if it all comes in the post ? I just love the furtive glances one gets from GGs in the shops, whilst sizing up a new skirt. Nobody has ever said anything, which is a slight disappointment.

Ann

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Marika
    I have a PO box as well [...]. For me its worth the cost to reduce the hassle. My problem is where to store the stuff. You will have guessed my SO doesn't know.
    Fortunately for me, a lingerie boutique not far away just happens to be run by the "den mother" of the CD'ing club. They will receive and hold packages there. The club bought some school-type lockers that are stored in the basement there; I rent a couple of them to store most of my clothes. Storage conditions could be better, but considering the alternatives...

I have only used the receiving service once; I'll probably use it again soon, but I will have to work out with them how to cover the duty, taxes, and brokerage charges. I don't want the parcels ending up at the main courier depots: I can't produce any ID in the name Tess-Leigh

I don't have this issue any more because I'm 'out'... (well, I do still order the odd 'questionable' item... heh) but when I did, I'd simply look annoyed and/or confused and state that it's none of their business what's in the package, and remind them that I don't go inspecting the contents of anything they receive.

If the package is damaged and pink satin is visible, just say 'Aghhh! They screwed up my order AGAIN!'
    Cheerleaders are angels, we are the only humans that can FLY!
    (Yes, I am actually a real cheerleader! )

I've never been arsed enough to do a cover story... I normally just say 'You're a bit nosey aren't you.'
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]

Talking Boobs, Where Did They Go !!

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton
    I have all mine (wigs, breast forms, padded panties, etc...) sent to work. no one ever opens my mail or packages but security does xray them when they enter the building!!!

Hmmmmm Wendy might be right.....I can hear the guards now...."That engineer on the 4th floor just got a new set of boobs, again"!! hehehe

Another alternative is get a mailbox at the post office or at Mailbox, Etc (the UPS Store).......

Love karren
    The above from Karren reminded me when I bought some boobs when it all went wrong. The boobs came from a warehouse that was used by a few companies. I ended up with a big roll of bubblewrap and you guessed wright someone else received my boobs !! It was fun trying to explain the mistake to get everything sorted. I did this via email to save the blushes. ( coward I know ). Never mind ended up with replacement boobs and free bubblewrap. The replacement boobs came and was delivered to my neighbour, thank god they were packed well. Thanks girls for all you comments so far.

Kind regards

Carla
    Last edited by Carla68; 07-24-2006 at 01:11 PM.

First I rented a UPS box and paid cash for half a year. Then I got a credit card with my initials and surname on it. I have a delivery address for the credit card and anything ordered online sent to the UPE box. I try not to order too much at once because I have to hide any purchases in my car trunk until it's convenient for me to bring it inside my house and hide it with the rest of my stuff. All this hiding is not a good way to live but necessary for the time being.

The only other option which I had to use before online shopping was to shop in person and hope you're not seen by anyone you or especially your SO knows. "Oh by the way honey, so and so saw you the other day browsing in the women's section of ... department store. What were you doing there?" I was lucky, no one ever saw me.

Bonnie

Silver Member

packages in the mail

Well, I have to agee with Tekla, Carroll, and Wendy on this one.

What EVER does it matter what the neighbors think. They need to get a life if they are that much into mine.

A PMB might be a good solution though, if you absolutely can't get mail at home. I had one for several years as I traveled frequently. The PMB business would ship my mail anywhere I happened to be at the time. And of course, no questions asked.

Steph