Thread: Are we are own worst enemy??

Are we are own worst enemy??

Today I was chatting to another TV on another site and she was complaining that she was not able to get out and meet other TG's. When I suggested that she went to manchester where there is a big TG group and not too far away from where she lived, she replied that she couldn't as her GF wanted to come along.

This rather took my breath away, many of us would welcome this with open arms. From the conversation it would seem she thought the G/F was doing it for her own benefit. I chatted with her further and it would seem that it was something she felt she had to do herself and to me it came across the G/F was entering her special "space" and this was not welcomed

It occured to me that many of us (TG's & TS's ) are our own worst enemies, we have built up a thick shell to protect ourselves from hurt and its a sacred "space" where no other may enter. If someone close to us tries to enter this world we hold them at arms length, this must be very hurtful to the SO, family or friend trying to understand.

On reflexion I must omit I have done this several times myself and looking back if I had let some of the people into my special space I think it would have helped me a lot.

Do you think we can be are own worst enemies and do what do those GG's on this site think?
    Mind of a Woman, Body of a Man, Life is a Bitch

Is it just me or......... Carroll's Avatar
    yes, I think we can be. Most of us build these walls to hide from others and then forget or refuse to take them down. Its taken 5 years since "You want to WHAT!?!?" to "I don't care, to it when and were you feel you can" with me. Now she is actually thinking about joining here, and be part of this private world of mine. I was hesitant about it, but then realized its not my private world, its ours.

Carroll
    Drumming, My other hobby

Personally I think that we can definitely be our own worst enemy, there is no doubt in my mind that for most of my life I was doing just that without even knowing what I was hiding from.

And yes I did hide it from my wife for about 6 months after I finally figured out what it was that made me different from the other men that I had grown up around. But it only took me 6 months to figure out that I would never be able to live with myself if I didn’t share the information with my wife. But, for me the idea of having her be part of that side of my life was something that I never considered not sharing. In fact it was just the opposite for me because without her I would have never been able to go out of the house dressed, or to the Be All for the first time.

ttfn
    Anna
    [SIZE=5]Be who you are not who others think you should be.
    May the Great Spirit Bless you in all things.[SIZE=2]
    My website: [/SIZE]
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=5][SIZE=2]http://360.yahoo.com/mrsanna_25
    [/SIZE]
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=5][SIZE=2] The Be-All Website: http://www.be-all.org/
    The National Center for Transgender Equality http://www.nctequality.org/
    [/SIZE]

[/SIZE]