Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Percentages

Percentages

I was just curious as to what percentage of crossdressers actually try to purge their wardrobe and give up crossdressing?
    Do you think 25%, 50%, 75% ?
    And for those of us who have tried, what percentage of us have come back to crossdressing? Or what percentage has never returned?
    Just curious as to the numbers and percentages.

I dont think I can ever try to give it up.

Banned Read only
    Well the ones that left and never returned, that is hard to know. I would think the number would be very low indeed.

As for the purge deal, I would think that most try - out of guilt, shame, "i'm goning to beat this" or more frequently because of an intimate relationship, or the remore after getting caught. Most come back. But it would be hard, if not impossible to come up with any hard data on it.

Purging

I would think most all of us have purged at one time or another. I did at least four, five times during my life.

Huggs, Renee

New England, Mass, Lowell, north of Boston 1/2 hour

Red face I did

in fact 3 time's but for whatever reason which I dont think matter's, Ive come back and this time im staying, I have no reason to not dress, my wife see's all and know's all like most women ops did I say that? but really, if someone has a really good reason to stop dressing then isnt that up to them? WE DO WHAT WE MUST, this has been talked about so many time's and YES ppl will alway's bring it up and that's not a bad thing least we get to remember what we forget

The only time I've tried to quit was when my wife became very depressed about it.

I've never purged however. The clothes at that time were hers.
    DonnaT

I never purged either. I (very) slowly drifted away from dressing during the 1990s and then got busy with romance and kids ... then, 'hi honey, I'm home!'

I regret not dressing in the '90s. I was the singer in an alternative band, pretty mediocre, and I wonder if dressing onstage could have helped our prospects.

I've never purged. There was a time around 1980 when I didn't dress (YoooHooo, I'm a Saaailoooor) but other than that never. The Navy just didn't take too kindly towards taffeta aboard warships.

Do you have that in pink? Julie Avery's Avatar
    It's an interesting question, and I think that in order to make sense of the answers (could any be found), you'd have to ask two further questions:

"How old are you?"

"What year were you born ?"

I say that because I think as crossdressers age they mostly get past the purge thing, and I suspect that it's been easier to get past that in recent decades. Pure guesswork on my part, based on personal experience and anecdotal observations.
    "Inside of every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened."

"The best thing about the MBasic that comes with the Kaypro is that it allows variable names longer than two characters."

Banned Read only

what if crossdressing does not work?

How many purge because they find crossdressing does not work?
    ie does not give any release to the feminine need.

That has been my problem I want to but it does not do anything for me. Seem I am too much of a perfectionist, either male of female. Since being a real female is impossible and not what I want since I am happy with my wife and kids I am stuck as a male. So dressing up does not work (at least as much as I had hoped), I plan on getting rid of my stuff one of these days. So keep an eye on ebay. I suspect if I could magically change to a female then back it might be the release I need. Oh well more fantasies.

would think the percentages for both would be in the high 90's. I think most if not all have purged at one time or another, and just about all of them return after a while

What a ride

I purged my clothes several times. The first few times I threw them out because I was unhappy with the clothes I had at the time. I didn't know much abut sizes and how to shop. The last time was a new lease on life type move that brought to the realization this desire to dress up and act like a girl is here to stay.
    In your % talley how do we stand?

I've purged numerous times and returned after each; having come to realize that I would always come back, I've tried to resist the temptation to purge again--it just leads to more effort and expense. I'd say the percentage of those who have purged at least once is very high, as is the percentage of "returners".

I agree, the ability to change from male to female and back at will would be perfect for me--but if we as a species had evolved that way, we wouldn't have the concept of gender as we know it. We'd probably all be wearing unisex jumpsuits like in a bad sci-fi film. :P

Smile purging

When I was first began serious dressing I purged four five times. Over the pasy few years especial since I came out to my wife three years ago I have not even thought about purging. I do as I do with my male cloths go though them a few times a year to get rid of old or otmes that i bought but realy didnt like. As I dress more and my wife becomes more comfortable my cloths become more of my everyday life and blend in with my male cloths. I still keep some of them seperate but I try to mix them as best I can. My goal is to make both genders of cloths blend toghter as much as I can. I think as my kids go off to school I can see the blending becoming more and more. I guess how my wife looks at my dressing will realy determine to what extent I dress.
    Purging is not something I think about any more.
    PD

Closer to 90.

I'm 19, and I've done it before... just goes to show.

[size=3]Hugs xx[/size]

[size=2]"You don't have to be fat to be a lady", Sophie 2006[/size]
    [SIZE=1]"Hey, those are nice shoes, but they'd look better in my pants! ... I mean..." Robot Chicken, 2006[/SIZE]
    [size=1]"He's just said a word we don't understand! And he's won at scrabble with it!" - Eddie Izzard 1998[/size]
    [SIZE=1]"Head over heels is fine, unless you're in stilettos." -The Beautiful South, 2005[/SIZE]
    [size=1]"Forgive me. Let live, me." - Antony and the Johnsons 2005[/size]
    [SIZE="1"]"We walk amoung you..." TransAmerica, 2005[/SIZE]
    [size=3]THREAD SUCCESSFULLY HIJACKED[/size]

I think I have purged 3 almost 4 times the first time I purged I stopped ant took all my stuff back out of the trash the second time I went through with it and the last 2 times were when my stuff was found by people who shouldnt of and they purged for me I doubt I will ever purge again though

Smile Never

[SIZE="4"]I have never purged.

Gennee
    [/SIZE]
    I'm getting better with age. I may have started late, but better late than never!

"Don't let anyone define who you are".

Red face Hmmmmmm

Does every other month count?

I know my SO gets so frustrated and talks about it all the time.

I would guess from watching and living with him it would be a high percentage.

And I suggest to him as I would to any one.. never burn your bridges.. pack it up and put it away. Take a break if needed. Give yourself the right and chance to change your mind. I will support you either way. That is love.

I've purged twice in the many years of dressing. Now I know this is a part of me and i'll never do it again. I'm happy now it's a part of me.
    Sky

Silver Member
    Purged several times over my lifetime. Percentage? An awfull lot of us!

I don't think I will again. Stephenie is finally here to stay.

I have absolutely no interest in switching back and forth. I have enough trouble keeping one life straight. IMHO this fantasy is a pretty silly waste of time anyway. There isn't ever gonna be any such thing. I want to make the most of the reality I have. I already wasted hours and hours as a child wishing for some sort of Divine or magical intervention. We all know how much good that did.

Steph

Aspiring Member
    I have purged in the past.It wasn't mainly out of a desire to quit dressing,although that was a small part of it.It was mainly out of guilt that I was hiding it from my wife,even though I had told her a little about this side of me before we were married.

Me Too,

All of the above in varying degree's. I got very miffed each time because I lost some really nioce outfits, not that they would probably fit me any more, but hey, I got 2 wardrobes now. One for Andrea, and one for he who shouldn't be mentioned. Shhhhh..............
    [SIZE="3"]Hugs Andrea[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]'BUILD A BRIDGE, AND GET OVER IT'[/SIZE]

Purge or not to purge!

I have purged many times over the years! Mostly from guilt. Thank goodness I finally accepted myself for what I am and eliminated that cost. Replacing everything can get expensive especially if quality breastforms are involved.

Vivian

Purged one rally nice ensemble due to pressure from the wife but now it's here to stay. I have no further doubt's as to who I am and that has made me extremal happy. So to figure the percentage in my case I guess 50% maybe.

I have never purged. Culled, yes, I took the stuff I was tired of to the thrift store, but get rid of everything, never. This includes when I was in the Navy (I was an airedale, and had Naval Air Station duty all four of the years), and all the years I lived in a van.

Wow I guess I'm not the only one.
    Now if I get that urge I just box it up and put it in the attic....
    Scottie
    You must dare to disassociate yourself from those who would delay your journey... Leave, depart, if not physically, then mentally.
    Go your own way, quietly, undramatically, and venture toward trueness at last.

-- Vernon Howard