Thread: In the beginning

In the beginning

When you first started dressing did you question your sexuality?
    And how far have you gone to answer that question?
    I know that most CD's are not gay but at some point this must have crossed your minds.

Yes the sex thing is there in the back of my mind, but I realy don't like the thought of being with men I love the company of women.

No, I never questioned my sexual preference, but yes I questioned my biolgical sex. I had the usual boy interests, but when puberty hit my body kind of went a bit.... hmmmm... well female really.

I tend to attract both sexes, but I'm largely asexual in character... I really don't need sex, and it's normally a total disaster anyway Hmmmm... yes... lol... Memories of past conquests tend to make me giggle more than anything

So being a bit biologically.... hmmmm... rubbish, I have to admit I tend to get pulled all over the shop by little cupid, but if the truth was told I'd rather read a book with a glass of wine.
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]

It's difficult to really know about sex. I'm hetero but once in awhile when dressed, I think about men. It's more of a pre-op TS girl/boy thing though. A female with the extra equipment. I think it makes it easier on my mind to see mostly a woman with that extra bit and be sexually interested!
    Rachel Denise

[SIZE="2"]“One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. ‘Which road do I take?’ she asked. His response was a question: “Where do you want to go?’ ‘I don’t know,’ answered Alice. ‘Then,’ said the cat, ‘it doesn’t matter.' "
    - Lewis Carroll
    [/SIZE]

Newly married to CDsWifey NewbieCD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cath
    I know that most CD's are not gay but at some point this must have crossed your minds.
    Had nothing to really awnser i knew i was Bi before i ever faced the fact that i was a Cder so i have no awnser.

Answer to question 1. Yes.

Answer to question 2. I've gotten to "first base"

Still haven't found the limit of "how far will I go?"
    Lead me NOT into temptation
    (I can find my own way)
    I HAVE WALKED THAT MILE IN HER HEELS
    CURTSY to all BOW to [SIZE="3"]NONE[/SIZE]

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...6284/event.png

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Golightly
    I'm largely asexual in character... I really don't need sex, and it's normally a total disaster anyway
    Thanks Lisa, now I won't be the first to say that! Really, since I began dressing in my pre-adolescent years sexual orientation has never been a dilemma for me. It's a question of self concept, not bodily appetite. On those blundering occasions of lust the proper parts functioned well enough as designed and I've only been attracted to women. But I've found my desire to be outweighs my desire to have.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ever since I started crossdressing (age 11) and possibly a little earlier I wanted to be a girl. When I would see girls with boys, women with men, I would imagine myself as the girl and wondered what it would be like to be with a boy/man. In the meantime since I was a male I had to maintain my male image and dated girls. I was never aggressive with them, meaning I never tried to force myself on them sexually speaking. However if they want to have sex I didn't mind at all, the female body is beautiful and wonderful. I was just so envious and wished I could experience sex from the female's perspective. I finally did, as best as a male can, when I was in my early 20s. I had many more experiences since and enjoy it a lot. I also enjoy being with women, however, if I had to make a choice, either one or the other, then I would choose being with a man.

Bonnie

When I started dressing, age 11, my orientation was straight but, at that age, it's a pretty chaste conception.

... but if the truth was told I'd rather read a book with a glass of wine.
    Mmmmmmm.

At first -- was too young to really question who or what I was! But since then guess that I've tried it all and -- well -- can be just as happy or more so now a days (as Lisa says)

... I'd rather read a book with a glass of wine.
    Got an extra chair....I'll bring the wine
    Gabrielle -- named by my mother after my Great Grandmother

Good question

Ah yes......the sexuality question. I started experimenting with CDing when I was around four or five, so the sexuality didn't play a part in it at the time. However, as I got older I most certainly questioned my sexuality which in turn made me purge (what the heck was I thinking?). I really didn't come to terms with it until I started researching crossdressing and much to my surprise found out that most CD'ers are straight. That went a long way towards easing my mind on the subject. I also would ask myself, "Am I attracted to men?" and I've NEVER been attracted to my own gender and have always been attracted to women.........and their clothes! I'm okay with it now but it took me a while to wrap my head around what I was...

For me it was just intrigue that got me started at around 12/13. Can't say i've ever wondered about my sexuality. I did wonder what I'd have looked like if I'd been a girl, what sort of figure I'd have but that's as far as it went.

Still feel the same now

girl next door

straight and monogamous

Hi Cath, and welcome. I applaud your efforts to understand your husband's CDing. I know it can get confusing at times.

Your question reminds me of a time about ten years ago when, on several different occasions I said to myself "if you wear those clothes one more time it means you're definitely gay!" LOL. I actually purged several times (throwing away the few items of femme clothing I owned) to prove to myself I wasn't gay. Here I am ten years later, still dressing, but definitely NOT gay. Unfortunately resources such as this wonderful site were not available ten or twenty years ago. It wasn't until I arrived here 15 months ago that I truly began to understand, and began to accept this crazy CDing thingy.

I've never been attacted to men, and expect I never will be. I'm very attracted to, and hold a great appreciation of women, and my wife in particular.

Good luck to you both.

Hugs,

Tammi

p.s. Despite my convincing good looks and my best femme voice, I still haven't managed to sneak into the GG forum here (just kidding Tamara). But I imagine there are numerous threads like this and plenty of advice from other (genetic) women such as yourself. I expect you will find joining that forum (when the time comes) to be very helpful to you.
    [SIZE="3"]
    my wish for you is peace
    [/SIZE]

lo·gom·a·chy /loʊˈgɒməki/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[loh-gom-uh-kee] –noun, plural -chies.
    1. a dispute about or concerning words.
    2. an argument or debate marked by the reckless or incorrect use of words; meaningless battle of words

Silver Member
    This issue really does not come up in my mind as I am happily married to a wonderful woman. So I don't find myself thinking about infidelity at all.

That said, I think that were I to have been born a GG, which I know I should have been, I would of course be attracted to men. That's just the way it works, isn't it?

If I were not married, and were I to complete transition, I would expect to become attracted to men. I do love women, though, so I would perhaps be bisexual. Oh well, all idle musings anyway. I gotta go mow the lawn.

Lovies,
    Stephenie

Gold Member
    I think when I was younger and didn't know why I was dressing I may have thought that but now thinking on how many times I have twisted my neck to look at a hot looking GG I know I'm not gay

It happened simultaneously for me
    I was attracted to boys at the same time I knew I had great legs for a mini skirt.

Smile

[SIZE="2"]Yes I did question my sexuality. After some counseling, I discovered that I was questioning my gender. I thought that may have been bi. I have no attraction to men so I'm totally attracted to women.

Gennee
    [/SIZE]
    I'm getting better with age. I may have started late, but better late than never!

"Don't let anyone define who you are".

Well at 8 I don't even think I knew what sex was! Hehe but as I got older I think that my love of fem clothing made me questione whether I was gay or not. I did have a ton of girl friends and was sexually active early on in high school (the back of the 64 Dodge Dart got quite a workout! Hehehe) And I knew that I loved being with women and wouldn't even think of being with another guy.

But the gay thought was always there and was the main reason for most of the purges. Up until 2004 when after 10 years of non-dressing, my hobby came back with a vengence and I realizied that Karren was part of me and wasn't going away ever again!!

So I'm straight, married for 30 years and faithful to the wife and damn pround of it too. Just love to dress like a chick!! Complex huh?

Love Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Mine was more questioning my role - male vs. female - as I had a stong female family environment with a father who was always away an Mother and sister who ruled the roost.....some great Aunts who had early imprints on my early life. Was always small boned and femme looking so took the usual taunts that were hurtful when young - but eased by understanding gal friends who are still friends to this time. As I got to college and was more and more into Molly as a daily routine, I did start to look to men since I was comfortable in my own skin as Molly and therapy defined my gender dysphoria to give me great direction. Date guys on occasion now -but 99% have not known they were dating a TS/TG.....limits me for now developing a longer realtionship with a guy as I fear rejection until SRS.....but then again I have great friends, co-workers and enjoy life as Molly as it is and no looking back!!!!

Oh yeah.

Until it hurt.

(but now I have much more practice)

Not just a pig-n-lipstick
    Sure but I was too young to really know the difference.

Not far enough to have an answer but I'm still open to finding out.