Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: do most of us have ears pierced?

Just a woman, period joanlynn28's Avatar
    I got my ears pierced over two months ago. Can't wait till the completely heal up so I can wear more than just studs. But of course I only wear the studs to work. Yes there were comments made to me at work about it, but I would just say to them that it was a midlife crisis type of thing. Do my coworkers buy into that I don't think so. I have told some of them about my transgender issue the women of course the guys wouldn't understand and would only riducule me about it. Of course a guy that I have worked with for ten years asked a woman in our department what was with the nails that I was wearing one day and she told him that I was going through some changes, his reply was just Ohhh, and he walked away. So I am outed, big deal it gets what I am going to face in the future out of the way so I can move on.
    Joan Lynn

Just a girl stranded on her little red island amongst a lovely sea of blue.

"Be who you are and say what you feel, for those that mind don't matter and those that matter don't mind."
    Dr. Seuss

New England, Mass, Lowell, north of Boston 1/2 hour
    Hi Joan, Here's what I would have told anyone who asked, Ive got this ringing in my ear's that has been driving me out of my mind, ( this part is true) someone told me to have my ear's done and it would help I did tell my son and Daughter that as they know my ear prob but im not to sure they believed it. no matter as nothing is said anymore about it, of course it didnt help. but I had hoped it might by some weird chance. bi biiiiii

New England, Mass, Lowell, north of Boston 1/2 hour

Unhappy 2nd time

well, you who think your ear's are ok b4 the 6 week's? go ahead take them out but believe you me, your gonna have some pain trying if your lucky to get them back in, I just had my right ear redone today and funny it wasnt 1/2 as bad as me trying to get it in the heald hole myself, so trust me, I KNOW!! but yes, that's me, ( MIGHT BE YOU TOO)

Age?

Pardon me, but what does age have to do with it? I'm 55 and got mine pierced a month ago. No one has said boo. Actually, a couple of GG friends said they looked nice. Yes, I'm waiting the 6 weeks,and keeping them clean, but it's frustrating having to wait to change from these beginning studs to hoops and more, as well as not being able to let my long hair out of it's pony tail, as I was also told to keep my hair away from them. Used clip-ons for years and they either hurt, or fell off. Linda, Go with what your inner voice says to do. It is usually right. After all, I always do what my Rice Crispys tell me to do every morning, and I'm O.K. I think. Oh well. Love and xxxx, Lily

Smile Clipons

http://cliptomania.com/
    Have a hi profile job so clip-ons all the wa.
    would like to here about more stores if any one has some please include a link.
    Mistybtm
    Last edited by Mistybtm; 07-31-2006 at 07:51 PM.

yes but

I do but I haven't worn pierced earrings in years. I wear clip ons.

Quote Originally Posted by Teresa Amina
    Clip ons and screw posts here. I think it depends on your age how it will be taken; I still need my "cover" and at 50 it would be a dead giveaway in guy mode. "Look at that old guy with the earrings! Must be some sort of (fill in the blank)"
    [SIZE="4"]Well, I'm stuck with clip-ons for now, only because I fooled around too long this summer to have them pierced and healed before I go back to work. But, next summer? Why, it's a done deal! I'm so tired of clip-ons. I'll be 54 by that time, and I don't care who notices OR doesn't like them. I wear a clip-on now that's three 1" gold rings hanging from a little gold heart, sometimes in the left, sometimes in the right ear. Oh, I'm sure I do get some of that "look at the old guy with the earrings!", but it's water off a duck's back girls. I don't have time to waste on such foolish people. Olivia[/SIZE]
    Last edited by Olivia; 07-31-2006 at 07:40 PM.

i had both ears pierced 20 years ago while I had a reputation as a womanizer. Only one person has ever said anything, that was at a rather conservative conference i was attending with an earring with a red stone (quite noticable but not big) -- the comment was "you're brave."

I think I already have too many holes in my head
    Without putting many more in there
    I just don't have fun -- I make the fun

Life's too short........Enjoy every day

Living and Enjoying Life Kristen Kelly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Teresa Amina
    Clip ons and screw posts here. I think it depends on your age how it will be taken; I still need my "cover" and at 50 it would be a dead giveaway in guy mode. "Look at that old guy with the earrings! Must be some sort of (fill in the blank)"
    [SIZE="3"]I will be 50 soon and Ive had 1 ear done since the 80's cant wait to get the other done, just a matter of time. Be brave I've had my hair permed, hightlited, and a blond streak done in the front, currently letting it grow longer. They dont expect me to be like all the rest, so nothing I do shocks them. [/SIZE]
    Last edited by Kristen Kelly; 07-31-2006 at 08:13 PM.
    [SIZE="3"]Life Begins When You Stop Worrying What Other People Think[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]
    Walk TALL SMILE and be CONFIDENT all will be OK
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]It's Brave to be Different, Be Brave Too, Accept Me for Who I am ![/SIZE]

Had my ears done years ago....all of us bikers did
    as long as you go with small diamonds, or small studds, no one cares at home or work...so go for it...you go girl.
    Dee Dee

I've had one piercing in each ear for about 23 years

For the first two or three years, I found it quite erotic and made me feel quite femmie. The thrill wore off, but I often wear ear rings at home, and have about 40 pairs of many different styles -- all cheap costume stuff.

Go for it! Get them both pierced. Except for the period you have to wear them until the new holes heal, few will notice the holes IF there's no ear ring in them.

It was an 80's thing for sure with guys... I wanted two, and I stressed over weather or not to do it until the fashion wore out LOL oh well...

M
    We are made of stars.

I have both ears pierced as well as my naval,nipples and penis.

I've had my Ears pierced for awhile now as well, I love it, and recommend others to do it, everyone seems to do it these days!!

I'll be your Huckleberry! Sarah Rabbit's Avatar

2+1

2 in the Left and 1 in the right and will be getting the 2nd Right soon..I do not care what people say, as life is too short to worry about pleasing others.

Sarah R.
    Every time I walk down the street, I see every eye on me.
    Every time they look at me, I wonder, who do they see?
    Perfection in disguise,with regimes and alibis.
    The girl in the mirror , isn't the same as the girl in my heart

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Silver Member

Ears

Girls,

My opinion is, if you want to pierce your ears, for goodness sake, DO IT. How can it POSSIBLY be anyone elses' business?????
    So much worry about what others will think. They will think you got your ears pierced, right? End of story.

Will they think I'm gay? Not likely
    Will they think I'm a CDer? Why?

I see all kinds of people with pierced ears. On TV, in the movies, sports figures. You name it, they got it! If you like the look, do it. Why do we need any "excuse" other than that we want to do it? Did the football star mentioned above worry about what others would think? Probably not.

OK now, with the single exception of the "gender policeman" I have mentioned at work (and she was the one who said that a man wearing pink was like a woman standing up to pee), absolutely NO ONE has had any negative comment about my peircings at all. Most have complimented me and some just don't care.

I was going to put it off until the kids had visited next month, but my wife said just do it, they won't care. So I did, and I am sooo glad I did. I don't really like the studs they make you wear (I wanted little hoops) for the first 4 weeks, but 4 weeks goes by pretty fast when you are my age. (don't ask).

So, I say go for it.

Lovies,
    Stephenie

I went in to my jeweler today because I bought a 1/6th carot diamond earring to replace one I lost recently. I went back for the other half!

When I bought the first one the lady said "Maybe you should buy a pair, do you have your right ear pierced?" - I said thanks but no, and yes my right ear is pierced (Thank god for Dot-com days when nobody cared!).

Anyway so I went back today and she didn't have the gold, only white gold, she asked me to swap the new one with my old one (right to left) - and this lady, 61 years old said "You look GREAT in those". She really made my day.

I already made the purchase so it's not like she was trying to sell me something, I think she was being sincere. She commented about other piercings these days including belly buttons and I told her I had that done too and she said "Really? How do you like it?" and I love it of course!!
    I am starting to wear it when I don't have a long T-shirt on and people are noticing and not ONE person has said anything!!! (Except I wear my private hot pink one most times and swap out to blue in guy mode).

I've been wearing one in my left ear to work but I won't have the courage to leave the right one in for now.......couple of jerks there where I work have commented and it's best left alone, although there are ot her guys with hoops (guy hoops) in their ears.......

So you see, how others see you is not necessarily how you see yourself, this site has taught me one thing, take a baby step and see how it goes, if you like it keep going!
    Scottie
    You must dare to disassociate yourself from those who would delay your journey... Leave, depart, if not physically, then mentally.
    Go your own way, quietly, undramatically, and venture toward trueness at last.

-- Vernon Howard

Newly married to CDsWifey NewbieCD's Avatar
    I do had have since i was a teenager had a phase of being freak boy with 5 peircings. In my ears so yeah they are peirced.
    Happily fuflilling all the duties of my beautiful Wife CdsWifey. I love you.

I've never had anyone pass comment on my pierced ears... ever. I wear hoops on a daily basis... no-one comments even in my most boyish moments
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]

earings

most of my male friends have got both ears done so why not.
    i'm considering geting mine done. had one ear done but that was 10 years ago and not had one in about 8 so i would have to get them bothe done maybe i will. what do you all think.
    thanx
    Sophie

Not sure if this is what you have in mind but I found these on eBay.
    I never heard before that Witches couldn't do piercings for religious reasons- you learn something new every day!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Tamara Croft; 03-30-2010 at 07:29 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've had two in each ear for a number of years. I don't wear earrings for work only for girly time