Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: do most of us have ears pierced?

do most of us have ears pierced?

This is something I would love to have done, I had my left ear pierced (like all lads did in the 80's) that was cool but my dad didnt think so, one piercing,

I really want to wear some gorgeous hoops when i go out finally, trouble is it is so noticable both ears pearced, I start my new job properly as well this week so I have a whole new world to meet, so I have to be careful as always I will be in a very male environment as a sky field engineer, I can pull the manly thing off no worries I been acting since I saw the nurses apron on my way out,

has anyone got any advice, I know I will get stick off the lads at work and such, well i think so, kieran has a Liam gallagher swagger as well so to have my ears pierced would look weird to others?, I was wondering about going down the clip on route but I dont know if they would look any good, and I am unable to take real ones out for work as they will heel up?

has anyone got any advcie on this and the best way forward ?

thx

Kate xx Home at last

"Used to be a sweet boy
    Holding so tightly
    To Daddy's hand
    But that was all
    In some distant land"

Morrisey

Aspiring Member
    I haven't worn an earring in years. I wanted it pierced in highschool and since my parents would sign for it, I had my friends do it.

Is it just me or......... Carroll's Avatar
    The day I got my official discharge papers from the USAF (Aug, 2000) I got one ear done. I now have 2 in each ear

Carroll
    Drumming, My other hobby

Smile lots of guys do it ,its normal

lots of guys have both ears pierced , most footballers eg david beckham wear big diamond earings .

Just wear plain male type ones as a man and feminine ones when you are a girl ,no problem !!

Love Nishababe xx

I have had both ears done for years, when in male mode I wear a small gold hoop in my left ear and a tiny diamond stud in the right. I have never had any bad comments so I say just do it.
    Last edited by Lady Jayne; 07-29-2006 at 06:11 AM.
    [SIZE=4] Jayne xx[/SIZE]

One more step... outside! Francine's Avatar

ears pierced

No.
    Not yet

Francine
    "Flatter me, and I may not believe you.
    Critisize me and I may not like you.
    Ignore me and I may not forgive you.
    Encourage me ... and I will never forget you!"

My wife pierced my ears the first time in 1969, and added the second set of holes in 1991. I enjoy wearing earrings, get them done. When my wife did them, I would remove the studs in the mornings for work,and put them back in at night. No one evry noticed.

Mine aren't pierced but I would love to have it done. Wife and work are the 2 best reasons no to do it for me.
    Rachel Denise

[SIZE="2"]“One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. ‘Which road do I take?’ she asked. His response was a question: “Where do you want to go?’ ‘I don’t know,’ answered Alice. ‘Then,’ said the cat, ‘it doesn’t matter.' "
    - Lewis Carroll
    [/SIZE]

Nope, have 60 pair of clipon or screw post earrings...

Love Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

As Nighttimegirl said. I had my left ear done 20 years ago. Just got my right ear done 3 weeks ago. Can hardly wait for some nice dangly ones.

Smile

I worked on the railway with a guy who had his ears peirced, no one said much, he had them done on the first day of a two week holiday, time he got back to work they were fine and he just had tiny almost invisible sleepers in them both.
    A few people laughed behind his back, but not me... I knew something else, I knew he had other things peirced too, but then, alternative lifers of any variety tend to recognise eachother and talk about such things. He was into the whole body mod's thing and as far as he knew I was just a part time goth or something...

I say, go for it, ignore them and do what you want, I know plenty of guys with both ears done, no one says anything.

In 12 months time it's all forgotten and you get to wear your earings !

XX

Jayme

I've had mine pierced for about 30 years and no one has ever noticed them. I've never had any comments, positive or negative. I say go for it.
    Kisses, Linda

Clip ons and screw posts here. I think it depends on your age how it will be taken; I still need my "cover" and at 50 it would be a dead giveaway in guy mode. "Look at that old guy with the earrings! Must be some sort of (fill in the blank)"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banned Read only
    I have both pierced. I usually wear a pair of custom made god stars with a diamond inset, which were a birthday gift from my wife last year. (I turned 69 last week.) I am probably going to get another piercing so that I can wear 2 pairs of earrings, dangly ones in the lower holes. When I dress up to go out I always wear really long and flashy danglers.

I'm 58 years old as soon as I can get the wife to go along with it I'll do it.
    Angie G.

Teresa stole my Thunder, no piercings at 57, and not likely to now. But have found some gorgeous clip ons. Haven't tried the screw posts things yet but give me time.
    [SIZE="3"]Hugs Andrea[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]'BUILD A BRIDGE, AND GET OVER IT'[/SIZE]

I also can't do it because of work...

...I'm a 44 year old executive in a Fortune 500 company--very conservative. Also, my wife and daughter would certainly notice and I couldn't give my normal excuse of grooming like I did when I shaved my upper body hair ("it was gray") or had my eyebrows done.

Quote Originally Posted by NighttimeGirl
    ...I start my new job properly as well this week so I have a whole new world to meet, so I have to be careful as always I will be in a very male environment as a sky field engineer...
    i think your best bet is to have it done before you start that new job. you get it over with from the start and there is no "before and after" for your peers to notice and talk about. 0.02

put in simple male looking studs and have a ready answer for anyone that says anything. of course, i wouldn't wear nail polish or a bra to work for the first week or so...

lynn

Mine have been pierced for almost 2 years now. I turn 60 in a few months. I was enfemme when I had them done and the young lady who did them could not have been nicer. They caused no issues for me at work and I work for a local government type agency. I say, if you want them, go ahead and do it. A lot fewer people care than you think.
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

Speaking as a total earring junkie, clip-ons have always struck me as pretty sub-par. Go for it, another avenue for shopping nirvana. My advice for work: Wear super-small ones and if anyone gives you the business, try my line, 'Girls really notice this sort of a thing in a guy' - which, in my experience, is the truth.

girl next door
    Nope.

Hopefully someday
    [SIZE="3"]
    my wish for you is peace
    [/SIZE]

lo·gom·a·chy /loʊˈgɒməki/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[loh-gom-uh-kee] –noun, plural -chies.
    1. a dispute about or concerning words.
    2. an argument or debate marked by the reckless or incorrect use of words; meaningless battle of words

Quote Originally Posted by Holly
    Mine have been pierced for almost 2 years now. I turn 60 in a few months. I was enfemme when I had them done and the young lady who did them could not have been nicer. They caused no issues for me at work and I work for a local government type agency. I say, if you want them, go ahead and do it. A lot fewer people care than you think.

omg 60!

go girl! you look good

Kate xx Home at last

"Used to be a sweet boy
    Holding so tightly
    To Daddy's hand
    But that was all
    In some distant land"

Morrisey

Quote Originally Posted by DayTripper
    Speaking as a total earring junkie, clip-ons have always struck me as pretty sub-par. Go for it, another avenue for shopping nirvana. My advice for work: Wear super-small ones and if anyone gives you the business, try my line, 'Girls really notice this sort of a thing in a guy' - which, in my experience, is the truth.

Good line Daytripper Ill keep that one in mind

Kate xx Home at last

"Used to be a sweet boy
    Holding so tightly
    To Daddy's hand
    But that was all
    In some distant land"

Morrisey

Silver Member

posts or screw ons?

God, go with the piercing. There is no comparison. Screw ons hurt! If that's OK, then stay with them, but I coiuld not stand it.

Do it before the new job. Don't try and think up a silly excuse. Just say you like them. I got a bit of crap at work, but only from one woman. And she has been giving me s**t on a pretty continual basis about ALL my "effeminate" mannerisms, No one else has done anything but compliment me. When someone says, "Oh, you got your ears pierced." I say, "Yes, don't you like them?". And then I chat a bit about what style I want to get. (You have to start out with studs if you get them done at the Piercing Pagoda) Everyone, except "Miss Gender Policeman" has been very supportive. And REALLY, it's nobodys' business at all, is it?

You will LOVE 'em. Go for it.

Lovies,
    Stephenie

I have both pierced, En-drab I wear male 14 guage earrings. That is the cover for me. I did not get my ears pierced so that I could wear macho looking male earrings, but it is a nice cover.
    [SIZE="3"]Jennaie`[/SIZE]