View Poll Results: Would u rather show ur else to the world or stay private about ur dressing

Voters
199. You may not vote on this poll
  • Public

124 62.31%
  • Private

75 37.69%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dressing: Public or Private

beauty & the beast

Dressing: Public or Private

I myself have figured that I just wanna keep my dressing private, but will share via the net that I am a crossdresser
    Last edited by beauty_babe; 07-31-2006 at 06:18 PM.

Heels and jeans rule! Rachael Turner's Avatar
    Rachael is too outgoign to be dressed alone in the house, so its definitely public.

The one thing about public is its all about attitude and confidence.

Banned Read only
    I hate being at home, I love the big city, bright lights, wild nights, all that, so out and about is the only way for me to go. I do not want to finish life at home in my spare time.

Already going out as Lily, and even in drab, I have a very effeminate look. May be if the unwashed start to see more of us it would begin to get more accepted. Don't know, but it worked for women and pants, gays to a large degree, and the like. So who knows? For me though, I'm Lily, and to the unwashed! Love and xxxx, Lily

I voted public... not because I am, yet... but because I can't imagine staying in this god forsaken closet forever

M
    We are made of stars.

beauty & the beast

Re:

Others do know about me being a crossdresser, so in some sorts I'm public, but at this present time of my lifeI have come to figure, I'm only a crossdresser & would rather leaving the times I do dress at home

Hey, it takes forever - and costs a lot - to get beautiful. When I run outta smokes, I'm not going to hit delete, trot down to the 7-11, then what, reset when I get home? Exhausting!

Dressed all day.

It's still a private thing for me at this time, of course who knows what the future will bring...

Although I am mostly an "at-home" dresser right now, I have been out at least a couple times with my wife. Frankly, I think going out enfemme is different and exciting and I would love to go out more but between my work, school, and family (2 stepkids and 1 on the way) I don't get many opportunities to do so and don't see the situation changing too much in the forseeable future. My participation in these and other forums is pretty much my only "public" outlet at the moment.

I'm very private and only dress behind closed doors. Even when I play dress up with frends, it's behind closed doors.

kisses

Smile Private To most

Dressing Private to most but i am out to a few and i have ventured out a few time late at night but i would have to say 95% private 5% out .
    Mistybtm

Private all the way
    I'm to shy to go public
    I just don't have fun -- I make the fun

Life's too short........Enjoy every day

Gown and Dress Lover Tiffany Anne 9954's Avatar
    I dress privatly and it probably will allways be private. I might have went out on a halloween night but that was it. Would dress with other cd's if the oppertunity comes but again will only be private.

Living and Enjoying Life Kristen Kelly's Avatar
    [SIZE="3"]OUT...I want to be the social buttery , been going out since October now that GF knows want to get out dressed with her if I can.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"]Life Begins When You Stop Worrying What Other People Think[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]
    Walk TALL SMILE and be CONFIDENT all will be OK
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]It's Brave to be Different, Be Brave Too, Accept Me for Who I am ![/SIZE]

Gold Member
    Hard choice, I would like to go out a bit but I don't want family or frends to know of Tina.

I would rather be out. but in my small town that is not the thing to do. so most of my dressing is done in private. I have been out in portland, and in vegas. and even once in or twice in my home town. but that is not the norm. oh my would the gossup run wild in my little town if I was out.
    keep on gurlin everyone. paula may

Itching to get out

Can't stay in the comfy closet forever, Teresa has gotta see the world and be seen in the world outside. How else do you really know how deep this goes?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I voted private, need somebody to push me to get me out more in public.

I like to be out and about in the great clothes I am always buying! And my girlfriends in the stores want to see me dressed, too.
    If you can't wear heels, what's the sense of dressing?......

private.thatis why i am so glad i have joined this forum.been out once fully dressed.it was to a charity screening of the rocky horror show and i was absolutely amazed that i was able to pass so easily.sadly that was the exception and not the rule.maybe one day

Public

Being able to go "out" in the real world and interact with other human beings used to be my impossible dream, now it's the most fullfilling aspect of my dressing.

Almost public?

I vote public, however am still private.

I have gone for drives in my car and walks at night when dressed en femme but that is generally when no one was likely to see me or when they did not recognise that I wasn't a GG.

I also try before I buy, and the shop staff have helped me out (so some have seen me dressed albeit without makeup etc)

Certainly have thought about going to one of the shops en femme to try on some clothes.

dressing for public

i think that going out in public would be the greatest thril that you could ever have.
    sue ellan

Aspiring Member
    For the most part I want to keep it private,but would go to a support group meeting or if my wife would go with me, to bar that was tg friendly.

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    I concider CD as somthing I do in private---like taking a shower or pleasuring myself. I have no urge to go out publically dressed any more than going out NAKED---(It seems the equivalent in my mind)

I think that the urge to be private or public depends upon the personal factors that drive us to CD to begin with. Some of these factors or personal needs CRY for publicity---the need to "show off" or "be honest to the world" or "the RUSH from being seen" for example. While in other people CD is a satisfaction of a personal "curiosity" or a mere aid to mastrabation etc. that one feels needs NO publicity.----

So Public or not depends on WHY we as individuals CD. If we are HAPPY . fine. The only sad cases are the "public types" who feel they MUST hide.

I CD to "Escape" my real self from time to time, and RELAX. I feel that is something PRIVATE with ME. I feel no need to go out and also I would fear publicity anyway---So borh factors workto keep me private--But I AM happy, and thats all that counts.