Thread: has anyone ever had scuptured nails done?

has anyone ever had scuptured nails done?

has anyone ever had long sculptured nails done in a salon.

I have been wanting to get long sculptured nails done with the works. As in pink and white/french with white or light pink artwork in lace as I have seen often on women getting married.

has anyone ever had the works done like that?

I want to get gel nails done. Its been suggested to me to just go have them done as it is their job so who cares if they like doing it on a CD or not.
    But the thought of what could go wrong is kinda frightening as I go in drag only at night.

mine all the time

I got gel nails back in january and have kept them up fill in every 2-3 weeks
    they are great and hard as nails
    don't have to worry about splits or soft nails i use nude polish and they look natural pink it it real cool

I had them done back in the winter, and honestly it was a giant pain. My nails grow fast, so I was having to go back every week for fill-ins...that gets expensive after a while. My nail tech and I decided to just let them grow out (shaping them thin and letting them disappear naturally), and I just go in every other week for a manicure and a shaping on my natural nails. I wear my natural nails a little long instead now, about .5cm past the tips of my fingers...long enough to look really good with polish, but short enough that they're not really noticable in boy mode.
    "There came a time when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. "

- Anais Nin

I am sure our resident nail Lady DanaJ will have some nice advice and tips for you.

I have done the sculptured nails once or twice. Not too many techs anymore want to do sculptures, as they are a bit more time intensive (most want to do tips with an overlay).

For those that do not know, most nail enhancements are done over a tip (a plastic piece glued onto the front part of the nail), with the acrylic, gel, fiberglass, etc placed over the natural nail and tip both.

Sculptured nails are a little different, a nail form is attached to the finger, and then the product is spread over it - when the product cures, the forms are removed.

I have a thread showing step-by-step pix of a set of pink and white gels being done in the Beauty Club, here are two pix (both sculptures) - the first are gels, the second is an acrylic set with white sparkly tips....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    DanaJ

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

For some damn reason, I just can't grow them long enough!! *Stops biting* ... whoops.

And tbh, I think nails that are too long can get in your way, which is just silly.

[size=3]Hugs xx[/size]

[size=2]"You don't have to be fat to be a lady", Sophie 2006[/size]
    [SIZE=1]"Hey, those are nice shoes, but they'd look better in my pants! ... I mean..." Robot Chicken, 2006[/SIZE]
    [size=1]"He's just said a word we don't understand! And he's won at scrabble with it!" - Eddie Izzard 1998[/size]
    [SIZE=1]"Head over heels is fine, unless you're in stilettos." -The Beautiful South, 2005[/SIZE]
    [size=1]"Forgive me. Let live, me." - Antony and the Johnsons 2005[/size]
    [SIZE="1"]"We walk amoung you..." TransAmerica, 2005[/SIZE]
    [size=3]THREAD SUCCESSFULLY HIJACKED[/size]

one full set was all it took for me to be hooked. Even though i only have worn them for three days at the most they are so worth the 2 hour dissolve in acetone.

I agree with Korinda...

Korinda is so right.....once you get your nails done your hooked (at least I am). I haven't tried sculptured or gel. My problem is I don't get much done all day since I'm mesmerized by my nails.

Take care...
    Renee D