Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone else hate summer sometimes?

Don't get me wrong, I like summer better than winter, Golf, the old car, etc. However, it's just impossible to dress. I don't know if you UK gals have this problem as much, but in the US northeast, our houses rarely have central AC. Mine was built in 1860 and definitely does not, just a couple of window units.

Wigs are just too hot. It's frustrating waiting for that cool day, that just happens to coincide with a day with no plans, which coincides with a day that my wife is able to watch the baby, etc.!

She just let me get a very pretty skirt/summer sweater combo at Kohl's too! I'm dying to try it on.

Just looking for commiseration, no point really, you can't change the weather!

Whoops, sorry, Ranee Daze already started a similar topic. Read BEFORE Posting Laura.
    Last edited by swiss_susan; 08-03-2006 at 10:05 AM. Reason: consecutive posts
    "I want you all to call me Loretta." - The Life of Brian

Platinum Member
    me i love summer and all the heat.... i have my own hair long and thats hot in the summer time but well worth the trouble... i keep the a/c cranked up in the house . outside working in the yard it's short shorts or a little skirt and a tank top ... no bra .. and in the pool lets just say there is no tan lines on me.....

Is it just me or......... Carroll's Avatar
    I havent dressed in a few days because of the heat.
    Drumming, My other hobby

Even with AC, I'm not a big fan of summer. It's been 100 degrees here for the last three days (which is unusual). As a result, I have no desire to dress

Lisa is on Summer break. I can't wait for October!

Silver Member

summer

I enjoy the summer more, my clothes are lighter, more filmy and feminine, the breeze swirls my skirt easier, I am not weighed down with a heavy coat. I can just wear much less. I like the bare legs of summer (wish I could tan better though) lighter shoes, no pantyhose (ugh), light strappy tops.

And . . . I HATE shoveling snow!!!

Lovies,
    Stephenie

Loath is a better word. . For numerous reasons.

1) I have to fuzz up to pass as a male in shorts for family vacations and such.

B) Too damn hot for makeup!!

III) Can't wear as many fem clothes in the summer as you can in the winter!!

4) Silicone melts at what temperature?

V) Icey cold air up your skirt is much more enjoyable than a flaming hot blast!

6) Wearing a sun dress I look like a guy in a sun dress!!

G) Wet wigs are no fun unless your swimming or in the shower!!

Love Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Here's my little way of coping with Global Warming:

Windy

I prefer the cooler weather, here in the UK we're having a heatwave and frankly I hate it. Give me Spring, Fall or winter and I'll be happy dressing and making up, but once the mercury shows 90f plus I find I stop. I still have the mental desire to dress, but make do with panties under my drab shorts.

Windy, you look so cool, and SOOO KOOL girl, very nice pic.

Hugs,

Linda.
    Last edited by uknowhoo; 08-03-2006 at 03:02 PM. Reason: consec

I don't like the summer months either. Since I'm a fan of fall and winter fashions more so than summer, I tend not to dress very little if at all during the summer months.

I am a fan of the fall and winter months, not because of the clothes involved but it is the fact that it is more comfortable wearing them when it is cool. I find that my dressing really lessens in the summer

Proud Wife of Danielle65 Anita Mae GG's Avatar
    Massachusetts (on the Connecticut border)
    I hate being sticky!! I hate sweating and my long hair sticky to me. The bra is not too fun either, but hey, you gotta do what you gotta do right. Been VERY hot here and just keeping the kids in and cool with the a/c. I personally love Fall for the coolness and the foliage! not a huge summer/winter fan....like spring and fall. Could deal with that ALL year!

To dream of the person you would like to be is a waste of the person you are.

Not your typical girl Lissa Stevens's Avatar
    I love the summer even the heat. I get to wear strappy little sandals, have my tanned legs bare and wear tank tops. In the winter I can wear other things but at work I have to plow snow, sometimes all nite in the blowing cold. We have to keep the hospital open.
    [SIZE="2"]Melissa[/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"]I'm still standin'
    Better than I ever did
    Lookin' like a true survivor
    Feeling like a little kid
    [/SIZE]

freshman member elizabeth nicole's Avatar
    What is heat,here in Texas it is rather cool right now only 103.this is our 22 day out ouf 26 that it has been over 101. I love it low humidity.makeup does not run no sweat,no grasss to cut. But then it has not rained in 37 days so the grass is not growing and who is crazy enough to go out in it.just stay inside after work and femme out benny of being single and having an understanding GF.I wish it was fall or winter..
    [SIZE="3"]ELIZABETH NICOLE[/SIZE] eat drink and be Mary cause its better than being Gary.

Just say no! (lol)

[QUOTE=Tammy Marie GG;519512]I hate being sticky!! I The bra is not too fun either, but hey, you gotta do what you gotta do right.

As long as you're just at home with the kids, you could always loose the bra. Nobody would see you. My next door neighbor (GG) is totally amazed that I wear a bra as she never wears one in the summertime unless she's going out to run errands, etc. She gets the biggest kick out of watching me...
    "poor is the man whose pleasures depend on the permission of another." Madonna "Justify My Love"

Smile

[SIZE="3"]I hate the summer. My feet swell up and I can't wear my lovely heels and I lose the urge to dress because its too damned hot. Like one of the other girls, I make do with wearing panties under my drab clothes. Roll on the cooler months!!

Anna x
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"]I need to be on the outside, who I am on the inside[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know[/SIZE]

Wink Winters Best for me!

As much as I love the sun and the summer (watch out for the strap marks when tanning) It has to be the winter and dark nights for me, It's cooler under the hairpiece and better in the shaddows, as most people on a cold dark night don't pay as much attention to you walking down the street, (except the gangs of kids! take care there!). Travelling in the car (except for headlights) is easier also. I would say for all those TV's / CD's I know most of the activity (in the UK) is based on the Autumn and Winter nights, can't speak for the US? Hate Snow anyway! Coat gloves and scarf, mixing with the crowds at Firework Displays, Laser Light Shows etc. Much easier than trying to hide the seven o'clock shaddow with loads of make-up in the Summer.
    Anyway it's just my view I'm sure others may have different choices.
    Best wishes Louise x

Living and Enjoying Life Kristen Kelly's Avatar
    [SIZE="3"]I was never a big fan of Summer, but this year I'm total smooth and loving it. Went rollerblading enfem, wish I had my camera loved the look Dasiy Dukes, knee pads, Blond hair sticking out of the helmet, and my sun glasses on, bladeing down the streets in Belmar (Jersey Shore). They were honking the horns as they went by, and I was loving it. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"]Life Begins When You Stop Worrying What Other People Think[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]
    Walk TALL SMILE and be CONFIDENT all will be OK
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]It's Brave to be Different, Be Brave Too, Accept Me for Who I am ![/SIZE]

Banned Read only
    Anything over 78F and it's too hot for a nice skirt suit with hose.

I just wear my shorts and tanks!!

Oh and a bikini sometimes, waiting for someone to come pick something up so I can slip into my bikini and get back oiut for some tanning.

Now don't get me wrong, I've had 100 degree heat for a few weeks this summer, but it's only like 74 and sunny here right now, and I'm coming down with something because it gets to the low 50's at night.......I'd rather have some summer before fall gets here, coldest July I can remember
    Scottie
    You must dare to disassociate yourself from those who would delay your journey... Leave, depart, if not physically, then mentally.
    Go your own way, quietly, undramatically, and venture toward trueness at last.

-- Vernon Howard

LOVE summertime, breezy rayon time. Here in the Great Plains high temperatures are usually accompanied by strong winds, and if you stay in the shade it can even be pleasant.

I looooooove summer, although, just to be picky, I would prefer something less than the 98 to 100F degree weather we've had for the past week. Love bare legs -- Love skimpy tops -- Love sandals -- Love not having to wear layers upon layers -- And I love inhaling pints of ice cream when it tastes the most refreshing.

Tough to shave in summer

Its tough to shave in summer too. Especially when you own your own pool!

I'm not that keen on summer as I once was. I mean I wait all winter for it to come around so I can do all those summer things (including cheering for the Yankees), but it does put a damper on dressing. Even with ceiling fans in the house, the high temperatures dampen everything up, including those nice pantyhose. Ask me again in November when I can dress however, but I'll be complaining about how cold it got all of a sudden.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

I Hate Heat!

Global Heating is getting tough to take! I think I hate summer almost all the time. Occaisionally a nice cool front will go through like now but it's still 80 and I prefer it 65-70f.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]