Thread: Getting fitted and measured

Getting fitted and measured

Ok there's probably a thread on this somewhere in here but I can't find it. I need to be propely measured for a wardrobe as most of my stuff is borrowed and I'm ready for my own. I want to look my best and I'm ready to take the next step.
    I'm finally out and happy. By the way I look damn good in 3" heels too!

I LOOK like a guy... Casey Morgan's Avatar
    Most online stores have sizing charts and tell you how to measure. Frankly, I'd go to Penny's or Sears since they have both men's and women's sizing charts on the same page.

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't realize that you meant having a "professional" measure you. In my family "properly measured" means you grab a tape measure and write down the numbers instead of just trying things on. :redface:
    Last edited by Casey Morgan; 08-04-2006 at 10:13 AM.
    Androgynes: the quantum bits of the gender binary.

Try Lane Bryant, they are very CD friendly. Try going in when they just open. Then they aren't busy and can really help you. Also if you apply for a credit card, there is a % off of the total first purchase. Those gitls can usually look at you and get the size right, or atleast close enough to try on. And yes, they don't have a problem with us trying things on. Good luck and happy shopping...BJ

If you have a tailor you trust, go to that tailor and ask for a full set of measurements. Tell him you are having a costume custom made or something like that. Or a CD friend. Or you can do most of these yourself.

As long as you are doing this, you may as well do it right and get the following (in addition to your height and weight):

Bust (at the widest part of the bust wearing your bra with breastforms or pads)

Ribcage (right where the bottom of the bra lands - this is your band size for bras)

Neck circumference

Waist (remember that your fem waist will probably be somewhere above your natural waist - on me it's 1.5 inches above the navel)

Hips (measure your backside at the widest part, again wearing any pads you expect to regularly wear)

Girth - this is a tricky one - a loop that basically runs from your shoulder, down between your legs at the crotch, up your back to the starting point on the shoulder. Wear some tight undies to keep the guys out of they way when doing this measurement and the next one....

Torso rise - from your navel to the bottom of your crotch.

Circumference of thighs at widest point

Circumference of bicepts at widest point

Circumference of wrist and ankle (for jewelry)

Write them down somewhere that you will not lose them! If you gain or lose more than ten pounds, you should re-measure.

Good luck!
    Erica
    For photos on flickr, my user name is cd_erica_f

To add to Erica's info. Also need shoulder width.

The key measurements for me are:

shoulder - 17"
    bust - 40"
    sleeve length - 23"
    waist - 31"
    hips - 34"
    inside leg - 31"

I carry a tape measure with me and get it right about 90% of the time.

Avoid the size charts. They are meaningless as the same size number changes from brand to brand, style to style and which country you are in at the time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Take the Sizes from the things you have borrowed ??
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

I appreciate the help from all I think I'll hit the Lane Bryant when I go home, being a plus size girl and all. Maybe it'll be a chance to tell my mother as that is one of her favorite stores as she is a plus size as well.
    I'm finally out and happy. By the way I look damn good in 3" heels too!

Haley Pink~

Hmmm?

Call your Lane Bryant store before you go there and ask what would be a good time for you to come in to be measured and to try on some clothing. Tell them your a male and it's for you. Their ok with it and usually will want you to come in later in the evening during the week. Rather than mid day weekends. But they are nice even if you just pop in.
    Haley P. Kemp

FitMe

you could do all of those or you could try this web page:-
    http://www.fitme.com/
    Life is for living don't let it pass you by.