Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tips for the new dressers

Make sure you have removed all of your new eyeliner when you try it in the carpark, because you cannot wait to drive home to try it!!

boi - gurl - whatever... Ms. Donna's Avatar
    Eyebrows. If you have unibrow or 'bushy' brows, go to a salon and get them shaped. They need not be overly arched or thin - just a well shaped - to make a big difference.

Love & Stuff,
    Donna
    Just your average transgender non-op transsexual
    crossdressing genderqueer transgenderist geek.

[SIZE="1"]The obligatory blog: http://wanderingaloud.wordpress.com/[/SIZE]

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tina D View Post
    OK I know I have been hard on some new people around here but I thought I would start a thread were some of us girls have learned a trick or two to pass on to the newer crossdressers, sort of give some thing back, so please join in here.
    Tina

OK my tip, when I had my first transformation done it was also the first time I had heels on, hell I needed help just standing and they were only 3" heels, what I was told to do was walk on my toes and then it would start coming to me and it has been easy since then, so if your having problem walking give this tip a try.

Yes, if you can walk on your tip toes you can wear heels. Put weight on the heels only when stoping to rest----so long as the heels arent too high, to where you are forced to rely on putting some weight on the heel when actually walking (Usually over 4 inches) then it becomes a new balancing game.

Platinum Member
    ok let's try shopping .... probly the biggy for a lot of new girls ... ok after getting your sizes sorted out write them down on a pice of papper ... now go to a store and go up to a sales girl and ask her if she could help you pick out a out fit for your wife or girlfreind you can say i have her sizes here (show the papper ) and when asked what she likes tell the sales girl .... now the cool part is you get help finding a outfit that matches and you can be as nervious as you want .....soon you will be out shopping and haveing a ball doing it .....rember before you get to the point were you don't care you have to start.......shop on girls.........

I LOOK like a guy... Casey Morgan's Avatar
    If it doesn't feel right, don't do it. There isn't just one way to be ANYTHING in this community. It doesn't make you any less of a {whatever} if you don't do something.
    Androgynes: the quantum bits of the gender binary.

The most Important thing you can do is accept you for you and never let anyone tell you different. be yourself

Smile

When it comes to shaving/waxing your arms and legs or even your torso(chest) the majority of people don't even notice. That or they just don't care. The trick is go slow especially when shaving as nothing looks worst than a large number of nicks.

LoL Brenda

If you are going to use nail polish, make sure you have the remover too.
    keep on gurlin everyone. paula may

What Paula just said! And, I might add, if you use make-up, make sure you have make-up remover.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

As soon as you feel that you are able, join a support group! A lot of "newbie" questions will be answered, it's likely you'll end up with a Big sister to mentor you, and you will start to have a lot of fun and feel positive about your unique gift!

On a more practical note, don't go overboard on the jewelry. lots and lots of rings and bracelets only emphasize and draw attention to large hands. Likewise, if your hands are big, don't make them look gigantic with those really long "clawlike" nails.

Peace and Love, Joanie

Raksha's My Dreamboat Tracy_Victoria's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel Darling View Post
    Get dressed first, do your make up second, and put your wig on last. Talking of make up....practice, practice, practice....and don't worry about taking two hours and it still only looks mediocre....practice makes perfect, and speed comes with time. As for finding the right foundation (both color and application) to hide your beard shadow....it took me over a year to get that right!
    I don't tend to dress that way, I find if your going to use power over foundation it gets everywhere, hence I never put on my outer clothes till i've finished my make up, that way if I make a mess, i've not ruined the outfit I planned to wear!
    Cya

Tracy

[SIZE="2"]The nail that stands out the most, is the one that is hammered down the hardest![/SIZE]

Be Real

Although my first tendencies were to go with teddies and miniskirts, I've found the everyday normal clothes for my appropriate age to provide the most satisfaction, comfort, etc.

Right now, it's the young mom look. Shoulder length hair. Pretty top, not too sexy. Capris or a casual skirt. Sandals with kitten heels. A small cute purse. Just enough make up to highlight the eyes, cheeks, and lips.

Stay real.

Until you are ready for "Girls Gone Wild"!

Hugs. Jerry

When you can't shave your legs...

I usually cannot shave my legs - one of those curious "out" but still "in" things... anyway, I've found that if you wear a pair of regualr panty hose, taupe, nude or suntan, and then wear a pair of off black over them it will hide the hair, and any blemishes on your legs... and I ALWAYS get compliments on my legs when I do this. Many times I have had a GG say "your legs are great, so much better than mine..."

Quote Originally Posted by paulaN View Post
    If you are going to use nail polish, make sure you have the remover too.
    That goes double (no pun intended...?) for breast form adhesive!!! Nothing like having the forms on for a LOT longer than you had planned 'cause you can't find the remover, or ran out!

Quote Originally Posted by Johanna R View Post
    I usually cannot shave my legs - one of those curious "out" but still "in" things...
    Of all the things I've done that I'd expected SOME reaction to and gotten NOTHING, one was shaving my legs, and the other was getting my ears pierced.

For the first month of Summer after shaving my legs smooth, I constantly expected *somebody* to at least mention it, but I got zero reaction.

When I pierced my ears several years ago, I expected to be able to have them pierced on a Friday and be able to take them out for work Monday morning. I wasn't told until AFTER they were done that I was supposed to leave the studs in for 4-6 weeks straight! Well, I've got to say I was pretty nervous going to work on Monday, but never got a single reaction until finally about SIX WEEKS LATER somebody did a double-take and asked me how long I'd had pierced ears!! Even my dad never mentioned the large studs I had in each ear. I now wear small silver earrings (just big enough to fit a pencil through) 24/7 and think I would only get a reaction if I ever took them out!

I guess that would be a good tip for this thread... Don't get your ears pierced unless you are ready to leave them in for the first 4-6 weeks for everybody to see!

Yea, pretty much all piercings are like that. I have my eyebrow pierced, and the 6 weeks was just up as of sunday.

Also, shaving all body hair is a common trend now in the age range of 18-mid twenties. Alot of guys have started doing it. Hell, I have friends who do it all the time. Shaving body hair is more acceptable on guys now.

Where makeup is concerned- less is more. Use as little as you can possibly get away with.

Stop feeling guilty. Stop questioning why. Stop judging yourself by others standards of "proper" behavior. Ask questions on this site, believe me, us girls love to give advice! Most of all, as my tag line says, get comfortable in you own skin. Once we accept who we are, it's an amazing journey of personal discovery with wonders and contentment to be found. Love and xxxx, Lily
    Comfortable in my own skin.

"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity, and never cease to be amazed by it!" Lazarus Long

Thumbs up Great Thread Tina

Tip for crossdressers that are serious about "Coming Out"

Join a support group, just as you found the great support of this forum, you will really appreciate the help and support of real live people.

I belong to the "Diablo Valley Girls" a non-profit, non-sexual support group for transgendered individuals, their families and friends.

Paula Rae
    [SIZE="1"]Member: Diablo Valley Girls[/SIZE]

Anyone have any advice on tucking? I seem to be having some issues in that area. Would it just be better to invest in a gaff?

Comming out of the closet does not mean coming out of the cage!
    "Lady Fingers"

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel Darling View Post
    As for finding the right foundation (both color and application) to hide your beard shadow....it took me over a year to get that right!
    Speaking of such things, I would add this tip:

Don't overshave . If you are trying too hard to get a close shave, then you will probably nick yourself (even if you are using an electric razor.) Learn when to stop and cover the rest with foundation or concealer.

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by angelfire View Post
    Anyone have any advice on tucking? I seem to be having some issues in that area. Would it just be better to invest in a gaff?
    There was a recent thread asking people if they tucked. A rough (approximate) summary is that people tuck when trying to "pass", but a lot don't bother to tuck if they are wearing mens' clothes on top. Though the people who dress pretty much full time seemed more likely to tuck full time (the distinction here being that dressing most of the time is not the same as trying to "pass" all of that time.)

Several people in the thread mentioned that they found thong-style panties to be good for avoiding slippage.

In my personal experience, there have only been a few very specific models of panties that have given me slippage problems (e.g., one style number of Elita); on the other hand, now I get slippage nearly every time I wear mens' briefs or boxers.

If the problem is bulge, then you can get thicker panties with little stretch (e.g., a stiff cotton), or you can buy panties made in materials that have essentially no stretch (e.g., pure poly, or rayon); if I recall correctly, one person indicated that they wear two layers of panties to deal with bulge. As a minor shopping tip: the cheapest panties at Sears and at discount stores are often panties that have almost no stretch (such panties are pretty much pressed out instead of being sewn!)

If the problem is length escapage, then a stretch fabric such as a microfibre can be quite accomedating. That, and use the water closet, and then relax; in my experience, panties that seem too short when first put on, are often fine in practice, once my mind gets distracted.

Princess of Darkness Helena Constantini's Avatar

Body

We are only talking about the dressing.
    Whatever you dress, it doesn't look elegant, if you have bulky and fat body.
    I think that we must care our fittness, more than genetic girls; thus we may look better than them.
    Helena

Advice.....its easy, but takes a little time. Just read thru some of the really old posts on this site. You can find lots of advice there.

luv 'D'