Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tips for the new dressers

Gold Member

Tips for the new dressers

OK I know I have been hard on some new people around here but I thought I would start a thread were some of us girls have learned a trick or two to pass on to the newer crossdressers, sort of give some thing back, so please join in here.
    Tina

OK my tip, when I had my first transformation done it was also the first time I had heels on, hell I needed help just standing and they were only 3" heels, what I was told to do was walk on my toes and then it would start coming to me and it has been easy since then, so if your having problem walking give this tip a try.

Exclamation Biggest tip of ALL

[SIZE="4"][/SIZE]

NEVER NEVER NEVER PURGE KEEP OT ALL OR YOU WILL KICK YOURSELF

nuff said
    Maddie

My Mothers other Daughter Janelle Young's Avatar
    Invest in a good set of breast forms. It is money well spent.
    Feeling and looking great

Jasmine and Donna

Swiss Miss

GypsyKaren
    When trying to decide what to buy or wear, just be yourself instead of trying to be someone different, it will come through and show in your look.

Karen

Banned Read only
    To the degree you can, come out, no one can out you if you are out.

Banned Read only
    Shop around and actually try wigs on. Buy online if you wish, but when you find the style just doesn't quite suit you you've wasted money.

Visit my Internet Advice Column, Ask Windy Cissy, for responses to questions about crossdressing and fashion dilemmas

Gold Member
    Join the Beauty Club run by DanaJ

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...splay.php?f=21

If you are using homemade breastforms and have filled waterballoons with hair gel. Stay away from the furniture when using sharp objects.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[SIZE="3"]And I was thinkin' how the world shoulda cried
    On the day Jack Kirby died
    [/SIZE]

Thanks Tina, I will bear that in mind when I have my first pair of shoes;
    Thanks Maddie but too late, I purged everything when I moved to Spain; Now having to start again.
    Thanks Janelle, but what shape breast form is best for me? How do I work it out?
    Thanks Deborah you have confirmed my thinking. I have spotted a couple of shops and now need the opportunity to visit. Now what is the spanish for wig?
    I consider myself a new girl so have no tips to offer, but thanks to all the girls for the advice offered.

Helen xx

Shaved legs get spotty. But they get used to it if you do it regularly (and don't use a Mach 3) so it'll all come good eventually.

There are no rules. Dress how you feel most comfortable.

Smile Take It Easy

[SIZE="3"]Don't rush into anything before you are ready. Appreciate the down times from dressing. It can be a time to reflect where you are and where you want to go.

Gennee
    [/SIZE]
    I'm getting better with age. I may have started late, but better late than never!

"Don't let anyone define who you are".

Get a good quality wig that is your color and style. Do this by buying at a wig shop. Let the professionals fit you right.

Get a professional make-over. You might think it is expensive, but you will probably spend 5 times that amount on cosmetics that are wrong for you. Also, let that professional teach you how to apply makeup, then practice, practice, practice.

If possible, buy better shoes in a store, not off the net. Try them on, make sure they fit you right. A good fitting pair of heels should not hurt, and should be good for about 6-8 hours of wearing.

Get a professional bra fitting.

Establish a rapport with several stores where you like to shop. Get to know the manager and the SA's. They will treat you right and make sure you look great.

Jodi

Don't fall asleep fully dressed if there are other people in the house that you don't want to walk in on you! I did this - not good!
    I am only a cross dresser when I don't crossdress!

About Me: http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...595#post306595

"I don't want the world to see me, cause I don't think that they'd understand. When everything's made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am" - Goo Goo Dolls

[SIZE="3"]www.HappyDressers.com[/SIZE] - Where cross dressers go to be happy!

Quote Originally Posted by KateW View Post
    Don't fall asleep fully dressed if there are other people in the house that you don't want to walk in on you! I did this - not good!
    Ohh... been there! Not good and easy to do...

M
    We are made of stars.

Quote Originally Posted by SexyMichelle View Post
    Ohh... been there! Not good and easy to do...

M
    The worst part of it is that I did it two days in a row!
    I am only a cross dresser when I don't crossdress!

About Me: http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...595#post306595

"I don't want the world to see me, cause I don't think that they'd understand. When everything's made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am" - Goo Goo Dolls

[SIZE="3"]www.HappyDressers.com[/SIZE] - Where cross dressers go to be happy!

Not to purge ??!!

Oh heavens Maddie, I have to disagree. It is very hard for newbies not to get that feeing. We all did. I do, however, feel it very important to teach them
    WHEN to purge.
    Therefore I offer them the solution that has served me well for many years...
    Always try and hold out on the purge until after Christmas every year.
    That way you can pick up on THE AFTER CHRISTMAS SALES!!!!
    (Keeps the wardrobe in up to date styles too? )

On a serious note: If out of closet is calling you and you strive to emulate gg's... Then, when you think you have the feminine movements and motions down...... video yourself puttering around the house for a while.
    Are your motions smooth or stiff. Manerisms too fake and exagerated?
    Knuckles dragging. Would wide spread walk do a cowboy proud?
    There's really only three things you need to practice. 1) Deportment 2) Deportment and 3)Deportment

Is it just me or......... Carroll's Avatar
    When you out your self to you SO and she approves....dont go overboard and push the CDing on her. She might change her mind
    Drumming, My other hobby

When you decide to go out dressed, do your homework. Don't go to the grocery store. dressed for the club, or visa versa. Where heels, a mini, a tight tank top might be right for a clubbing night, I'm sure everyone will notice you in the mall, or the grocery store. I go out dressed more to the grocery store than the mall. A gurl's got to eat....BJ

Accept your self then work on the others in your life.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Get dressed first, do your make up second, and put your wig on last. Talking of make up....practice, practice, practice....and don't worry about taking two hours and it still only looks mediocre....practice makes perfect, and speed comes with time. As for finding the right foundation (both color and application) to hide your beard shadow....it took me over a year to get that right!
    Last edited by Rachel Morley; 08-06-2006 at 12:12 AM.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

I think the most important thing is to feel good about yourself
    I just don't have fun -- I make the fun

Life's too short........Enjoy every day

Quote Originally Posted by Carroll View Post
    When you out your self to you SO and she approves....dont go overboard and push the CDing on her. She might change her mind
    I'll seconed that.
    Love as always Jasminexxxxxxxx

My advice...

...is to just have fun and enjoy being yourself. God knows, there are enough problems in the world to go around for everyone. Try to find peace with yourself and love who you are as a person. Ericka

Quote Originally Posted by Barb43210 View Post
    I think the most important thing is to feel good about yourself
    That's exactly it... I don't know if it's just an illusion or not for me (time will tell), but it seems like life changes at that point for the better. A necessary step.

M
    We are made of stars.