Thread: First Time Out

First Time Out

Many of us want to go out in the daylight en fem, but are scared to do so for fear of being read and ridiculed. Taking a drive is the easiest and safest first daylight outing you can do. Until last year I had never gone out in the daylight myself. My first outing was a drive around the subdivision. Since then I have taken many drives including a drive across town and back enfem.
    I have discovered that your probability of being read is very low if you take some basic precautions.

1. Make sure your dressed properly, with wig and makeup. This is important. You want to look as fem as possible. This is the reason for the outing in the first place.
    2. If your vehicle is in your garage, getting in and out is a snap. Just climb in, open the garage door, back out, close garage door.
    3. If you vehicle is not in a garage, make sure it is as close as possible, then smartly walk to your vehicle and get in. Have your keys in your hand as you approach your vehicle, so you can quickly unlock the door and get in.
    4. Remember that most modern vehicles have tinted windows all around. This in itself helps you pass, since another person outside the vehicle will not be able to see close-up details.
    5. When pulling up to a Stop sign or Red light and there is another vehicle in the lane next to you, don’t pull up directly beside it. Stop your vehicle so that the door jam of the other vehicle is between you and the driver. That way the other driver cannot see you directly, since you well be behind the other person.
    6. If there is no other vehicle at the stop use the right lane but don’t stop right up at the stop sign or light. Most times when another vehicle pulls up beside you they will pull up close to the stop sign or light. Again you will be behind them, so it will be difficult for the other driver to look at you.
    7. If for some reason you do end up directly beside the other vehicle, pay no attention to the other driver. Normally the other drive will not pay any attention to you. If other driver does look toward you, turn you head away from the window and pretend you are looking for something in your purse or the other seat. Don’t stare at the other driver unless you want the other driver to stare at you. Remember we all pass from the rear.
    8. Try not to pull up beside a Truck or SUV if you have a sedan. Since you will be more exposed to the other driver. If you pull up to a red light or stop sign and there is a truck or SUV there, pull up behind it.
    9. While your moving, most other drivers will not take notice of you, since they will be preoccupied with their own driving. If they do look toward you, again don’t look at them. The few seconds that they make eye contact will normally not be enough time to read you.
    10. Pedestrians walking, standing, sitting for the most part will not look at the occupants of the vehicle passing them and again you will only be in sight for a few seconds.
    11. Buy and wear a pair of "ladies" sunglasses while driving in the daytime. You will find everyone else is also wearing sunglasses. This gives you a little more anonimity. Put 'em up on your head when not needed
    12. Lastly relax and have a fun drive. Once you go out for one drive, you will find yourself relaxing more each time you go out for a drive. The more your relaxed, the less likely that others will take any notice of you.
    Last edited by JoAnnDallas; 08-10-2006 at 01:12 PM.

Great advice, Joann. You have to be the most observant person I know!! Wonder why that is? Hehehe.

Guess my riding around with the window open, throwing kisses to everyone and anyone isn't recommended for the first time out?

Love Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I have been driving around in the daytime, en femme, for several years now, basically following the guidelines JoAnn has outlined. One other little hint, buy and wear a pair of "ladies" sunglasses while driving in the daytime. You will find everyone else is also wearing sunglasses. This gives you a little more anonimity. Put 'em up on your head when not needed
    I have gotten more confident with time. I now have no problem going to the post office, getting out of the car, mailing my letters, etc. As JoAnn says, no one really notices. The next step will be to go to a store and "shop"
    I have 2 cars, an SUV and a vintage sports car. Once in a while, I'll drive the sports car while en femme. Then, I just throw caution to the wind. Who cares, it's so much fun! Even got a couple of wolf whistles. "But, officer, I...."

Vikki

vbcdgrl.......thanks for the tip, I went back and edited my list and added that tip.

Thank you JoAnn, I have been out in the daytime not just driving but walking down a street and into a store, and as i sat here thinking about it I did do most of the things on you list. I am glad that you put this in writing for those that want to go out in the daytime. It is so great to be able to be yourself when ever you are out, but is even more special in the daytime. For me it has given me more confidence to me meself. Only thing I would add is that when you are out dressed and walking around is not to look anyone in the eye and to take care of you srrounding and who is around you. Act normal so you don't draw attenation to yourself.

And NO Karren I would say it is perfect for you to blow kisses, LOL
    Last edited by Jodi Lynn; 08-10-2006 at 03:04 PM.
    Hugs Jodi Lynn

Jodi Lynn.....Taking a drive in your car en fem IMHO is the easiest and safest first outing that I can think of. Your vehicle is kinda like a cocoon. Your isolated to a point from all others, but at the same time you outside in the daylight, in the public. In fact one doesn't even have to get out on the main roads. riding around the block in your subdivision as a first outing would boost the confidence of a person 10 fold. You may not see another person at all, but your out. Next time she could try the main road. next thing she knows, she is driving all over town. LOL
    Next step would be to find a secluded gasoline station and stop, get out, fill up your vehicle, get back in, and drive home. I have some great idea's on this one that I can post.
    Finial step would be to drive up to a fast food place order food, drive up to the takeout window, pay for it, and drive away.

Obey all traffic laws. The last thing you want is getting pull over by the police.

Jo Anne,

Outstanding advice! I have done all of those things with good results. Except the sunglasses, Now I have to go shopping! Yipeeeee!!

I have a 4 wheel drive pickup and don't really have to worry about anyone looking down into my truck and reading me easier. Except the semi trucks.

Denise Anne

CAR NUMBER PLATE, What if someone knows your car number plate and gives you a wave and notice its a female in the driving seat.
    People knows my car and looks at the number plate then wave or beep there horns which may I say haven't happend yet. which it could do the more you drive your car.
    Love as always Jasminexxxxxxxx

Then wave back. If they ask you later, tell them a friend borrowed your car.

I've done all the things you suggested, and they do ease the anxiety.

OTOH, I think about the time I hit a deer, the time a red-light-runner (hit and run) hit me, the time someone rear-ended me at a traffic light, the time I unsuspectingly drove into a police checkpoint (asking everyone if anyone had seen a murderer or the victim a few days earlier), the time I was first on the scene behind a rollover accident that blocked all lanes, the time I was stopped for a newly burned out tail light, the time the truck weigh station was open, and the three times I ran out of fuel. In all but one of these situations I was in drab. The officer at the truck stop wasn't interested in a chat since it was raining, and they really (usually) don't much care about rental trucks (fortunate for me!).

My radio callsign is on my license plate, so I have no anonymity anymore. I don't look enough like Debbie (my SO) to make that claim.

The point is, unexpected things happen. Have a plan. This could include bringing a change of clothes in case you are arrested for some stupid reason.
    Hugs,

Bernice

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post

Guess my riding around with the window open, throwing kisses to everyone and anyone isn't recommended for the first time out?
    Have you perfected the 'Jackie O wave'? I bet you have...

Now it's time to park the car in the parking lot and go inside the store!

It helps if you've
    1) scouted the area/store you're going to go into
    2) Observe the time; Is the store crowded? Maybe you should choose different/better time.
    3) what are other women wearing? well dressed? Heels? Dresses? Jeans?
    4) You might feel more comfortable if you're a few miles away from home ground.

My first time out of the car was a Shopko in the early evening about supper time. Store was not crowded, I wore jeans with low heels, a long sleeved blue tee, a plain necklace, matching earrings, false fingernails, and all the other necessary accessories. I went there about 2 hours earlier in drab to scout, then went back as Gwen. Everything was fine. The only thing I felt self-conscious about was my height. I got over that one when a younger woman walked in just behind me that was taller than I was with my 2" heels. That made me the second tallest woman in the building.

Luck,
    Gwen

Bernice.......I have the same problem with my license plate. When someone behind you honks CQ, pulls up beside you, waves, then gets that surprised look, it's priceless.