Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Name on credit card

Aspiring Member

Name on credit card

Is it possible to get a credit card in a different first name and last name (i.e. your femme name)? (no, I have not legally changed my name)

I know you can ask your credit card company to issue your credit card with first initial only, so e.g. "John Smith" becomes "J. Smith", but my femme first name doesn't have the same first initial, and my femme last name is also different.

Banned Read only
    They will issue you cards in whatever name you like as long as there is no intent to defraud. You still get the bills. But you can add someone. However, you have to have a matching bit of ID to use them, so that might be a problem. The DMV is not so understanding however, they will only give you one name per person.

Action crossdresser Marlena Dahlstrom's Avatar
    You can also get a card with just the first initial only.
    Lena

A dream? What is a dream, but a blueprint for courageous action.

http://www.adahlshouse.com

Silver Member

Cc

Dear Jennifer,

Easy.

Just write to the credit card company and tell them you want to add Jane Doe to your acount and would they please send you a card in her name. As long as you are not trying to defraud them, (and as long as you pay the bills) you will not have any trouble.

However, I am not sure you really need to do this. I can lend my card to anyone I want. Again, as long as I am paying the bill, the CC company doesn't care.

I guess it might be nice to have a card in your femme name though. Just drop them a line. They do want your business, afterall.

Lovies,
    Stephenie

rhyming thyme morph cindianna_jones's Avatar
    That's what I did. I just asked for a card for another person in my family.

Cindi

Money laundering ?

In the UK, I think there would be problems with the money laundering rules, and proving the identity of the "new" card holder.
    If not, there certainly SHOULD be, as it makes a mockery of the whole anti terrorist system.

Win
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Long Lakeland Legs

Getting the card isn't the problem, using it is. Picture the scene you go into a shop and try to pay for your goods with your fem credit card, the shop assistant recognises you as a man in drag, assumes that you are trying to use a stolen card and calls the police. you are then hauled off to the station where you have to try to prove that the card is yours.
    I think it is far safer to stick to cash.
    [SIZE=4] Jayne xx[/SIZE]

I have to agree with Lady Jayne. I know that the cards are very convenient, but there are a lot of traps in using one. I thought one had to have so many 'ID' points to actually be issued with one, even for someone in the family.
    Last edited by oztallulah; 08-08-2006 at 05:40 AM. Reason: Typo
    [SIZE="3"]Hugs Andrea[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]'BUILD A BRIDGE, AND GET OVER IT'[/SIZE]

I have used my credit card (in guy name) when en femme. The store didn't seem to mind.
    If you can't wear heels, what's the sense of dressing?......

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Jayne View Post
    Getting the card isn't the problem, using it is. Picture the scene you go into a shop and try to pay for your goods with your fem credit card, the shop assistant recognises you as a man in drag, assumes that you are trying to use a stolen card and calls the police. you are then hauled off to the station where you have to try to prove that the card is yours.
    So true Jayne....I nearly went down that route a while ago and then thought about the possibilities...I stick strictly to cash now....far less problematic.
    Nikki. x

but what about when you got to answer questions like how old are you and your birthday date?
    Love as always Jasminexxxxxxxx

Silver Member
    Girls,

This may be a problem between the US and the UK. In the US it is not at all common to be asked for ID when you use a credit card. Here, they scan the card when you present it and if it's good, they accept it. End of story. It matters not whose name is on it. My wife uses mine all the time. My kids use mine all the time. I can give it to anyone I wish. I can hand it to the carpenter working on my kitchen to go and buy suplies. If I pay the bill, no one cares. It seems that all the questions about this come from the UK. Perhaps things are different there.

I still think you can get a card by requesting that the new person (Jane Doe) be added to your account. You should ALWAYS carry your real ID and be able to prove who you are, so the prospect of being hauled off to the Station House for questioning seems to be only an imagined problem.

And as for Homeland Security, we all know what a joke that is!

Lovies,
    Stephenie

This is somewhat of a sticky point, huh? You can get a card with your femme name, but can't use it to go shopping 'cause of the ID matching issue. Does this mean you have to carry cash? I'd say it's unusual for a woman to go shopping with cash, because she dosn't really know how much she's gonna spend! Kindof a catch 22. HMMMMM .

Vikki

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Jayne View Post
    What if the shop assistant recognizes you as a woman trying to use a man's credit card?

Hi Jen

Jen your question is if when you apply for the card in enfem you use your male ss # when issused thier is no doubt that if question reguardless how your dressed the card is yours.
    I have a Victorias Secret VIP card when i applyed i used my male SS# no questions.
    It just happens to be my favorate card, how ever my Amex was no so reguardless who you want on the card they have to have thier own SS#.
    Nadeen

chip and pin

I live in the UK and all my bank/credit/store cards are in my female name.

I went into my local bank one day and just asked if they could exclude the title, the part that said MR. I was told this part was needed and asked why I had made such a request. I told the personal banker I spend more time dressed female than I do dressed male and they changed all my cards to Miss and my femme name.
    Since then nearly all the systems here in the UK have changed to chip and pin. So you just put your card in the slot and verify it with your pin number, and the cashiers don't even look at it.

Hugs Sue_donim :-)
    Hugs Sue Donim

I think therefore I am.

Integrity (being true to you own values and beliefs) goes hand in hand
    with personal responsibility (accepting the consequences of your own
    actions).

Banned Read only
    Jillian has her own crdit card, and uses it whenever she chooses. I get asked for a photo ID more when in drab, have never been asked for it en femme. I am scheming now to get Jillian a photo ID too.

Living and Enjoying Life Kristen Kelly's Avatar
    [SIZE="3"]I was in Macy's dressed enfem seen a top I just loved didn't have enough cash left in my wallet didn't want to go all the way to the ATM and then back, so I used my male Credit Card, I checked out swiped my card and the cashier said, " Oh you can't use your husbands card." I guess I turned beet red and said in my male voice "No it's mine, and handed her my drivers license," signed for purchases, don't remember making eye contact with that poor old woman, and scurryed away. [/SIZE]:blushing:
    [SIZE="3"]Life Begins When You Stop Worrying What Other People Think[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]
    Walk TALL SMILE and be CONFIDENT all will be OK
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]It's Brave to be Different, Be Brave Too, Accept Me for Who I am ![/SIZE]

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jillian310 View Post
    Jillian has her own crdit card, and uses it whenever she chooses. I get asked for a photo ID more when in drab, have never been asked for it en femme. I am scheming now to get Jillian a photo ID too.
    How are you going to get Jillian a photo ID? Buy it from a fake ID website?

When shopping enfemme, I use my credit card with my male name, and have done so for about 7 years. I have been asked twice for photo ID in the 7 years--one time in Express and one time in DSW shoe warehouse. Both times, I just pulled out my driver's license with my male pic and name and showed it to them. EAch time, I got a big smile and a thank you. No big deal. I think at the time in DSW, the girl at the register had semi-read me and wanted to be sure.

Jodi

Junior Member MelissaAndProudOfIt's Avatar
    The times i have seen this question lol, well there's a simple answer and it's don't go there, unless you have gone through entire gender reasignment and have adopted a female life and fulfilled the legal processes and have more legal rights to do so.... Otherwise, you could find that even such an application for a Credit card with your femme name could be considered fraudalent if challenged by the card company at any time, lord knows what will happen then. My advice is ensure you have enough cash with you anytime you go out, or access via a cashpoint and draw out yer cash, that way you'll be ok.... Well it's the way I have done it for positivelly years and i haven't been pulled up as yet!!!!! touch wood
    I think that way would be safer and much wiser..

Silver Member
    Geez girls, I guess things are a lot tougher in the UK.

Getting a CC here in the US in your fem name could not be easier. As stated already, just write and ask that Jane Doe (your fem name) be added to your account. This could not be considered fraud unless you did not intend to pay the bill. It's still you getting the CC, and it's still you paying the bills. No fraud involved at all. No way, no how.

Also, most of us carry more than one card. If there is a problem with one, I just hand the clerk another one.

I would repeat that you must be able to identify yourself at all times when out. That's just common sense. But I think we all know that.

This name problem seems to be a problem only in the UK.

Steph

The "additional cards" request form I have here, from a major US bank, asks for the "signature" as well as the printed name for the additional card. HMMM, that could get a little sticky.Fraud, forgery?
    I use my male name credit card all the time to buy femme stuff on line. I've never had a problem, even though I use my femme name or initial(V)for the billing/shipping address. It's all automated, and the computers don't care, as long as the card is valid.
    I've also used my male name card in to buy stuff at a local CD boutique. Of course, there was no problem. That particular place has gone out of business, though.
    I guess the best approach, if you must use your CC while out en femme, is just "grin and bear it" as someone suggested.

Vikki

Banned Read only
    I get asked for my DL when I use a card about 95% of the time. If the total is over $100, I ALWAYS get asked for the DL. And, I'm kind of happy about that in fact. In any major city, or major retail center, for any large charge I bet you will be asked unless they know you on sight. I have a card in femme name but only use it for mail order, if I'm on site, which I tend to be, I love to shop in person, I use the one that matches my state ID, my DL.

I never have any trouple using my fem credit card. Though I do have my real last name on it and my femme first name. I was asked for ID onces when purchasing a new dress. The sales lady took a double take at my drab drivers licsense and ran the credit card and told me she had no idea. The biggest compliment I have ever received.

Annette