Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Difference between girls' legs and guys' legs?

Aspiring Member

Difference between girls' legs and guys' legs?

I was showing a friend my crossdressing pictures recently. She remarked that my legs looked awkward for a girl but she couldn't explain it very well.

Is there really a difference between guys' and girls' legs? Or is it all in the hips/waist? My friend thinks it could be that because girls' hips are wider, their legs start off slightly further apart.

Little Dandelion
    There are differences in the muscular development, too, though beyond saying that I'm not sure how to describe it either, lol.
    [SIZE="1"]"So you walk into this restaurant, strung out from the road
    And you feel the eyes upon you, as you're shaking off the cold
    You pretend it doesn't bother you, but you just want to explode

Yeah, most times you can't hear em talk, other times you can
    All the same old clichés... Is it woman? Is it man?
    And you always seem outnumbered, you don't dare make a stand
    Make your stand"

from "Turn The Page" -- Bob Seger[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferMint View Post
    Is there really a difference between guys' and girls' legs?
    Yes, but since the most conspicuous aspect is magic instead of biology, it's, uh, really hard to put into words.

Mmmmmmm ....

Aspiring Member
    Only difference I can think of, is guys don't store fat on the thighs like gg's do. Hence, "does my butt look big?" From the knee down or just above the knee down, I don't think anyone could tell. I did however read once that guys legs stay in better shape than womens longer. In other words, women get the fat dimples and what not long before men in life.

I was once told that most of the pictures in ads for womenstockings are of male legs - as she said (she is a professional photographer making such photos) they prefer men to show the stockings as their legs are more wellshaped

****WORLD EXCLUSIVE****

I've got cellulite... lol... pass the coffee

I think some women have masculine legs.... I have rather feminine legs... which is nice

TBH the biggest difference apart from the hair is where you usually find the scar tissue... girls more often have razor wounds down the shins, boys around the knees. It's not 100% clear cut, but it is statistically more likely.

Crossing legs is the other thing... bit of a question of hamsters and elephants that one... lol
    Last edited by Lisa Golightly; 08-08-2006 at 02:16 AM.
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]

"between" legs??

..I wo'nt even ...go there !? hehe
    great legs might be gender neutral ?
    Just Remember,"Wherever You go- There You are ! "

Error: User not found;
    only the fat distribution on the thigh really , heels spose to make your calves bigger... and probably a couple degrees from hip width. When i started on hormones thats the first place i put on weight.

The wider female pelvis makes the femurs subtend a wider angle than those of the male. This does make a biological woman's legs, especially if she has given birth, look different even if a male CD or TS has been very careful to have their legs waxed or sugared to remove hair. I have a fat bum (butt) which my ex-wife used to say looked quite "girlish" and chubby non muscular legs but I would not pretend that they are truly womanly any more than my "moobs" (man boobs) which are quite pronounced for a biological male would realisically fill a bra properly without using forms or padding to augment them from an A to a D cup which looks far more pleasing to the eye as I am fat and have a broad back.

The other factors which give most CD men's legs away, ignoring hair which I assume to be removed, are the kneecaps which tend to be more pronounced in the male and the feet are often too big.
    [SIZE="5"]Helen[/SIZE]

I think

GG's have proportionately longer legs than men. Not sure but seems to be so.
    Hugs, Christine
    Just the Girl Next Door
    my ad V
    V

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chrissiej

Legs

All I know is that guys like us want girlish legs and girls wish they had skinnier legs. Grass is always greener..............etc. Ericka

Being delicate here but look and any well built woman as she walks, they have that jiggle to them because of the fat layer. Men on the other hand have the muscles that don't jiggle. But then there are variables on that theme muscular girls and fat man, but doesn't that make to world go round !

A mans legs, when the hair is removed, and he's wearing a pair of pantyhose or stockings, and he's in a nice pair of 3-4 inch heels, looks as good as or even better than a lot of womens legs!

Their knees, as well as their shoulders are rounder to help attract a male. Anthropologists say it relates to the butt.
    I have noticed the shin bone seems more pronounced.
    Definitely more fat storage in the thighs. But then again, I have that too.
    [SIZE=4]Sophia[/SIZE]

I am going to be 'politically incorrect' here. There are guys and gals with good legs. There are guys and gals with bad legs. They can be fat, thin, bowed, knock kneed, whatever. But legs is legs....... to much theorising. Like the weathermen do. You know, a clear sunny day with the chance of rain. Wha!!!!
    [SIZE="3"]Hugs Andrea[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]'BUILD A BRIDGE, AND GET OVER IT'[/SIZE]

well we just can't have it all
    Love as always Jasminexxxxxxxx

Someone hit on it, since I started taking hormones and putting fat on my thighs they jiggle when I walk - and it's quite enjoyable in short shorts too.....

I think it's all about the proportioning......

I had heard that about photographers using mens legs - pretty wild!!
    Scottie
    You must dare to disassociate yourself from those who would delay your journey... Leave, depart, if not physically, then mentally.
    Go your own way, quietly, undramatically, and venture toward trueness at last.

-- Vernon Howard

My . Everybody is right on this one. For me, I've always gotten compliments on my legs. Growing up, my Mom said she wished she had my legs and later, my wife would mention how good they looked on occasion and that was with the hair on them. As in everything else, everybody, every body, is different. I do love mine shaved now though! Love and xxxx, Lily

Yes, the difference in fat distribution (and hair, of course) are two of the main visible differences, but they do not fully explain why our legs sometimes just "look wrong".

Helen's point on the pelvic/femoral anatomy is an important one, as is Helen's and Sophia's point on the distinct shape of the kneecap. The musculature on men's calves seems to position itself differently and the musculature on the sides of the knees tends to be much more developed than on women. (Or it may be that the musculature at the knee is obscured by body fat.) All things being equal, men tend to have legs that would be associated with a slimmer body type than an equivalently-proportioned GG. Solution? Wear clothes that flatter thinner legs and avoid calling attention to your knees.

Our legs often look proportionately shorter, because a woman's natural waistline sits higher in the torso than a man's does. This last effect can readily be addressed by simply positioning skirts, etc. at your fem waistline. Low-riding clothes tend not to flatter CDs (and in many cases they don't flatter GGs either!). The other advantage is that too-short tops will fit better

Lastly, while stockings/hose are a bummer in terms of comfort, they are a terrific equalizer in terms of appearance. Most men's legs simply do not look as convincing on the surface as female legs - no matter how much they shave, tone, tan, etc. That thin covering goes a long way in creating an immediate impression of a female leg. Solution? Grit your teeth in the summer and live it up in the fall!

Erica
    For photos on flickr, my user name is cd_erica_f

Quote Originally Posted by annekathleen View Post
    A mans legs, when the hair is removed, and he's wearing a pair of pantyhose or stockings, and he's in a nice pair of 3-4 inch heels, looks as good as or even better than a lot of womens legs!
    I have noticed this a lot over the years Anne...and can't really understand why this is either. And no offense intended at all to our GG contingent here...but we have many t-girls on this site with just absolutely gorgeous gams. I really thought that I had a great pair of legs too, but there are some t-girls here that even put mine to shame.

Quote Originally Posted by EricaCD View Post
    Wear clothes that flatter thinner legs and avoid calling attention to your knees.

Erica

Darn...There go my mini skirts!
    "poor is the man whose pleasures depend on the permission of another." Madonna "Justify My Love"

Quote Originally Posted by annekathleen View Post

Did you know that is why hoisery businesses use men to advertise their products. I know that PP did at one time.

I recall an episode of the old Carol Burnette variety hour with ... and I'm going to get this wrong, I know, but I think it was Betty Grable ... as that week's guest star.

In any event, the subject of 'lovely legs' came up and they decided to hold a little 'impromptu' contest.

Carol was the presenter. ("It just wouldn't be fair to the others if I got to compete too...")

The curtain raised sufficiently to display four pairs of attractive, sheer-black-nylon-clad legs. The audience was invited to 'vote by applause' as Carol walked down the line, indicating each pair in turn.

The audience was 'appreciative' of the first two pairs, 'significantly appreciative' of the third pair, and 'wildly appreciative' of the fourth. Sitting at home, I had to agree with the audience. While the first two pairs were nice, the second two - especially the last! - were truly spectacular.

The curtain was then raised all the way and the audience discovered that they had been 'appreciative' of Vickie Lawrence's and Betty Grable's legs, 'significantly appreciative' of Harvey Korman's and 'wildly appreciative' of Lyle Waggoner's.

If you really want to know. here are the answers.

These specs are used by engineers for a multitude of applications such as the auto industry, as general safety guidlines for medical equipment and of course the fashion industry.

IN HEIGHT FROM THE GROUND:
    Nominal Nominal Normalized to height
    ITEM MALE sigma FEMALE sigma MALE FEMALE
    Top of Head [68.60] [2.74] [64.25] [2.58] [1.000] [1.000]
    Shoulder ===[56.65] [2.46] [52.50] [2.49] [.826] [.817]
    Nipple ===== [50.05] [2.22] [46.65] [2.22] [.730] [.726]
    Elbow =====[43.10] [2.01] [40.50] [1.88] [.628] [.630]
    Waist =====[41.65] [2.22] [40.00] [2.07] [.607] [.623]
    Crotch ====[33.05] [1.85] [29.90] [1.89] [.482] [.465]
    Knee (top) =[20.90] [1.34] [18.95] [1.06] [.305] [.295]

DIFFERENCE MEASUREMENTS: Normalized to Height
    ITEM [MALE] [sig][FEMALE] [sig] [MALE][FEMALE]
    Shoulder-Crotch/Torso Length [23.60] [2.16] [22.60] [2.19] [.344] [.352]
    Shoulder-Knee/Slip Length [35.75] [1.90] [33.55] [1.78] [.521] [.522]
    Head Circumference / Hat Size [22.05] [.68] [21.65] [.66] [.321] [.337]
    Head Breadth [6.00] [.25] [5.73] [.24] [.087] [.089]
    Ear Length(Height) [2.45] [.17] [2.06] [.17] [.036] [.032]
    Neck Circ/Size 14.80 .79 13.10 .79 .216 .204
    Palm Length 4.19 .26 3.90 .21 .061 .061
    Hand Length 7.49 .39 7.10 .48 .109 .111
    Finger Length 3.30 .32 3.20 .35 .048 .050
    Hand Breadth 3.52 .19 3.03 .19 .051 .047
    Heel \ Ankle Circumference/
    Sandal Strap size 13.45 .68 12.16 .58 .196 .189
    Foot Circumference
    @ ball / Vamp "length" 9.83 .59 8.91 .45 .143 .139
    Foot Breadth/Shoe Width 3.91 .23 3.50 .21 .057 .054
    Bust Size 38 & Shirt (10)Dress 37.35 2.64 35.15 2.64 .544 .547
    Waist Size 32.35 3.31 28.15 2.89 .472 .438
    Hip Size 37.80 2.61 37.75 2.46 .551 .588
    Foot Length/Shoe Size
    Size 10.5 Men & Size 8 Women 10.53 .53 9.58 .51 .153 .149
    Hand Circumference/Glove Size
    XL Men & M Women 8.48 .49 7.22 .36 .124 .112
    Trunk Circumference/Bathing
    Suit Girth/Full Torso 64.80 3.34 60.75 2.89 .945 .946
    Biceps Circ ( flexed ) 12.60 1.22 10.60 .91 .184 .165
    Forearm Circ ( flexed ) 11.65 .82 9.75 .64 .170 .152
    Wrist Circum. 6.75 .33 5.90 .30 .098 .092
    Upper Thigh Circ. 22.00 1.88 22.30 1.88 .321 .347
    Mid Calf Circ. 14.30 1.16 13.70 1.03 . 208 .213
    Ankle Circ. 8.75 .70 8.30 .55 .128 .129

NOTES:
    It appears that Women have longer Torsos 35.2% vs. 34.4%
    MEN are more Leggy - if looked at from the Crotch 48.3% vs. 46.5%
    Women edge out men if looked at from the Waist 2.3% vs. 60.7%
    Men have longer Thighs 17.7% vs. 17.0%
    and longer Calves 30.5% vs. 29.5%
    GGs are big headed ( relative to height )

Sorry I got tired of placing brackets about half way thru this post.

another thing to consider is bone density

another thing to consider is bone density as to be in my opinion most visable of this factor is the knee-caps and joints at the knee and also what gives a male away in most cases are the ankle bone density.

We're just simply made bigger.