Thread: Looking for make-up glasses

Looking for make-up glasses

I used to have great close vision until I had lasix eye surgery so I could throw away my glasses. Now I have to use reading glasses for close work including putting on makeup. That is a real pain and I am trying to find makeup glasses where one lens flips out of the way so you can put on eye makeup easier. I have seen them in the past, but now that I need them they are nowhere to be found. I have a lighted magnifying makeup mirror, but still need something extra. The only other solution I have thought about is to buy two pair of cheap reading glasses and poke out the opposite lens in each pair. Anyone have a solution and/or what do you do. The obvious answer is to have someone do it for you, but I haven't found her yet. Thanks.

I've been looking for myself for a while. Searches bring up few results and they run about $80 for real elaborate systems. I have checked some stores such as Sally's Beauty and they send you to some other stores which don't have them either. So, everyone out there, help Susie in her search.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

I just did a search and came up with quite a number of sources. The following is but one:

http://www.eyeglasses.com/makeup_glasses_eyewear/

And if anyone ever finds a pair of those X-Ray Specs, I've been looking for years.

Raksha's My Dreamboat Tracy_Victoria's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DayTripper View Post
    And if anyone ever finds a pair of those X-Ray Specs, I've been looking for years.
    Specially if they work!
    Cya

Tracy

[SIZE="2"]The nail that stands out the most, is the one that is hammered down the hardest![/SIZE]

a thought

Why not go to the local drugstore, buy two pair of the real inexpensive reading glasses and modify each pair so that you can do one eye at a time. I am sure it can be done. Just thinking out loud.
    [SIZE="1"]Hopefully coming to grips with getting older[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]http://360.yahoo.com/randi_789[/SIZE]

Banned Read only
    Deep South, the land of Magnolia trees, Mint Juleps on the verandah ,hoop skirts & antebellum homes.

Wink Thanks!

Thanks for the replies. I didn't realize these were so expensive. May go for the ones on ebay even though I don't look good in zebra stripes. I may poke my eye out when freaked out by the stripes!

Quote Originally Posted by susie d View Post
    Thanks for the replies. I didn't realize these were so expensive. May go for the ones on ebay even though I don't look good in zebra stripes. I may poke my eye out when freaked out by the stripes!

Love as always Jasminexxxxxxxx

Banned Read only
    My sympathy for this dilemma. I have a catarac in my left eye, therefore when I put eye make up on and have to close one eye then the other, I do ok with the left eye, but when I close the right, everything is really blurry and distorted. The result ~ sometimes my right eye looks like I was drunk whe I applied make up! I will get the surgery this winter. Que sera.