Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My wife is wondering

Married-yes, Acceptance-no
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[SIZE="3"]And I was thinkin' how the world shoulda cried
    On the day Jack Kirby died
    [/SIZE]

We've been married just over 40 years and my wife has known about my interests ever since we were going together. She wasn't crazy about the idea of me liking lingerie and, for perhaps, the first 10 yrs of our marriage, I had my "stash" and would sneak off with it whenever I had the chance. About 30 yrs ago, we were involved in a New Age group and she became fairly close friends with a person in that group. One day, my wife posed a question to her, the ole ... I have a friend that .. how should she act ... type of thing. The friend responded that she would LOVE it and would consider that she had the best of both worlds. She told my wife that this friend of hers was very lucky and she should consider herself to be fortunate that her husband got satisfaction that way rather than running out with other women. Ever since then, my wife has accepted that what I do is part of me and it will never go away. As I'm typing this, it is just about 11 am , she is on her computer and I am sitting at my computer wearing thigh high stockings, panties, a bra, slip and nightgown. I wear a nightie to bed every night. I am almost always dressed in lingerie of some sort during our lovemaking. On occasion, she will buy me something or we will go to the thrift shops together and each do our own shopping. I couldn't ask for more acceptance than that.

Wow thank you all for the great response to this thread. My wife and I have read them all, some several times. After being on this forum for a couple of weeks and then the great show on WE it is easy to tell I am not alone. For all of you with accepting wives, be thankful.
    For those of you with not so accepting wives be patient and try to put there needs first every now and then. Sometimes they do come around.

Junior Member MelissaAndProudOfIt's Avatar

Wink

I have always thought and stand by the belief that open honesty prior to a relationship is the best way to start any relationship whether it's one that involves crossdressing partners or even not... If a partner is prepared to enter into a life long commitment, then they ought to know about you, as any secrets can fester and lead to pressures which will always be there and remove any pleasure and happyness out of a relationship, i feel sure. The better way is to start the way you mean to continue... In this case, better for a partner to know you crossdress from the start, than to find out later... many crossdressers who have wives who love to join in with their dressing up are ones on the best part who have been informed prior to a relationship, so they had time to make up their minds, or simply a few were lucky their partners were fine about it, either way... they are happy... but couples who do not get on is basically down to bad communication from the start.. the alternative is a dark spiral of doubt and unhappyness... though not completely a lost battle, as sometimes things can be bought to some happy and positive conclusion, though yet again communication is the answer!!!!

My wife and I have been married for 28 years. They have been glorious years. We are solemates, beat friends too! We have never had a real fight
    and perhaps not more than an average of once a year to get tiffed at each other. We are a team playing the game of life. How we appear means littler. Who we are is everything. My wife is so used to seeing me both ways
    that it matters little. We are both very secure in our relationship that we can share everything ( big, little, good, bad ect.). We are equals who support each other fully. We see each other for who we really are, not what we look like. When you consider all that goes into a a loving and lasting relationship ( mutual respect, selflessness, understanding, acceptance of the
    baggage brought in, devotion, trust, carring , thoughtfullness, loyalty, hope and much more) just how suggnificant is wearing a dress? If not you, who gets to decide how you should look. Who said women should not get tatooed?
    "Lady Fingers"

Been married almost 33 years. Told my wife about seven years ago. After a few days of cooling off, she now allows me time, shares some closet space (I can't go too wild), keeps some of my make-up with hers, asks me my opinion on outfits, jewelry, etc. (as though I would know), and washes my delicates. However, she has never seen me (several times she has hinted that she would, but hasn't followed through. She is not happy that I do dress, but I think she understands I can't stop. So, basically, that is my story.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

i've been married just over a year now and my wife knows about it. she accepts it as part of who i am wouldn't say she thrilled aobut ti though

My wife found my things before we were married, but I was not hiding them too well, mostly keeping then out of the eyes of the family and kids I was staying with at the time. My wife and I both lacked information and figured it would go away with marriage. Then it became something fun we did a couple times a year. But when I began to realize there was more to it and I began dressing more what support I did have from my wife dropped to very negative.

Well needless to say things blew up fairly good but I believe we are through the tough times, but still actively working on where some of my outwardly femme attributes and looks fit within our marriage.

While my wife still does not like the cding, she has come to realize that it is here to stay and better to deal with it then to try and shove it back in where it came from where every that is. My wife makes time for me to dress within our busy schedule by either getting rid of the kids for a period of time, or taking them somewhere for a few hours to a whole weekend. She helps me some with clothes, makeup, and other things. And she will spend time with me while dressed either partly or fully, including having been out in public with me one weekend. We still have a ways to go based on how nervous she was back home when I was on a trip to Vegas. And we both know things always will change.

Me being out in the public, and the kids and others finding out are her biggest fears, which luckly I do not have a great need to be out in public alot. And it also helps I think that I am able to cd in a variety of ways including partly dressing at home, underdressing, wearing unisex femme clothes, and fully dressing including makeup and wig, which is mostly for going out.

We have learned to communicate alot better as a couple which I think has been a huge key to working on things, along with alot of compromise on both of our parts. I basically did little CDing for over a year until it got to the point that I felt she was looking for more out of me, and I said to her if she wanted me to compromise anymore on my cding I would need to quit being a CDer, and we both knew how well that went last time. It just increased my need to CD more, which lead to things blowing up. So we are slowly figuring out what I need as a CDer and what she can deal with. We still have our ups and downs. I still have troubles being fully open and honest after holding in and hiding this part of me all those years. And my wife has problems learning and trusting new information and just dealing with CDing in general. But it took me until my mid to late 30s to begin to understand me, so it may take her some time also even though we have been married over 18 year and known each other for over twenty years.

KimberlyS - CD
    KimberlyS-CD
    joe in a skirt. Being myself not trying to be some other CDer
    Just trying to find a balance for my son and myself.

Standard disclaimer: Going out of the house was right for me, it may or may not be right for you. If you've got no desire to leave the house, that's fine, I'm not trying to push you out the door. But for those who've been yearning to do so, I just want to let you know the world may not be as scary a place as you think.

My wife of 21 years has known since about a year before our marriage. She is accepting and has never been negative in any way about it, but has never really 'participated' beyond occasionally buying me something (a nightgown, or pair of earrings for my birthday).

I've tried to get her to read various forums or webpages, but it just isn't something she feels the need to get involved in. I'd love to see her get involved here so she can meet and make friends with other SOs.

I would probably be at the point now that I'd feel comfortable about going out in public, but I feel that she is more concerned about me being 'outed' than I am, so I hold myself back a bit. I can accept this self-imposed limit when I take into account all the support she has given me in other ways.

I have to smile when I look around on laundry day and see nothing but panties, bras and pantyhose (in two different sizes). I don't she sees my things as 'male' clothes and 'CD' clothes anymore... just clothes. The only difference is I wear some to work and some are just for home.

In fact, I had to laugh a little a few weeks ago. I was doing something active outside and complained that I was having a problem with one of my nipples chafing on the material of my undershirt. She suggested that I find a good sports bra to solve the problem, and the next day pointed out one she thought would work well for me in a catalog she was browsing through.

Well, on November 9 of this year, we will have been together for 22 years. She has known for almost 22 years. She was my baby sitter, before she was my wife. She wondered who had the womans panties, I told her they were mine. Now she enjoys the shop-ping trips to Lane Bryant where I pick up the tab. We both have platiunum cards.
    If I shop, I get afew things for her. If she shops, she gets a few things for me.We both shopp together for clothes and makeup. Oh, she even tells me if I do a lousey job of doing my makeup...Billy