Thread: More acceptance by my wife

More acceptance by my wife

My wife has been trying very hard to be accepting of my dressing. She has known about it for over 20 years, but for most of that time I did it almost exclusively when she was not home. In the last 2 years I have wanted to spend more time dressed and have added considerably to my wardrobe. I've been wearing panties 24/7 for about the last year and wear almost exclusively women's shorts and jeans. I only have a couple of pairs of men's for times when we will be around a number of people we know for extended periods. I also have some women's sweaters I have worn out to shop or to dinner. She's generally been OK so long as the clothing looked pretty much like men's clothes.

I've had a mustache for our entire married life and my wife really loves it. I've told her a number of times I'd like to shave it and she's always said "it's your face, do whatever you want" but I know she'd like me to keep it. Last night I finally worked up the courage to ask her the big questions:

1. If I shaved off my mustache would she help me learn how to put on makeup? Her answer was "I suppose I could do that." (It was said much more positively than the words look when put in writing)

2. Would she be willing to go on a trip with me to San Francisco or Las Vegas and go out in public with me dressed as a woman? Her answer was "I don't think I could do that". While I was dissappointed with the response, I could tell from the way she said it, that she really wishes she could, but she's not ready yet.

She's come a really long way in acceptance, and continually tells me how much she loves me. I think there is hope for the future on going out in public, but I'm thrilled that she agreed to help with my makeup. I'm going to wait a week or so to finally get rid of the mustache, but I can hardly wait!

Veronica

[SIZE="4"]Good for you Veronica! More acceptance is always good news isn't it? It sounds like sure progress is being made by both you and her and I imagine that it will only get better for you both. Further good luck hon! Olivia[/SIZE]

good progresds, hopefully these are the first signs of her opening up

Sounds positive, but perhaps you should ask for only one wish at a time.

You are probably right Deanna. I just want so much for her to fully accept Veronica, that sometimes I forget how far she has come in accepting already. Patience is so important when trying to evolve a relationship.

Veronica

Quote Originally Posted by CDVeronica2 View Post
    Would she be willing to go on a trip with me to San Francisco or Las Vegas and go out in public with me dressed as a woman? Her answer was "I don't think I could do that". While I was dissappointed with the response, I could tell from the way she said it, that she really wishes she could, but she's not ready yet.
    You can't really blame her: she doesn't even know what Veronica looks like, yet. In fact, neither do you.

My intuition tells me you two have Good Times in store for the future.

Robin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

you have waited this long so a little longer won't go a miss.
    Love as always Jasminexxxxxxxx

Sounds promising. Congratulations.

Took my wife 29 years to agree to accompany me out. We started by attending a TG party put on by a local TG support group.

Note that you may have an irritation after shaving, I know I did. Took about a week before is was healed enough to apply makeup over the upper lip.
    DonnaT

Thumbs up

Veronica, That's great!!
    Go slowly, you just made great progress, let your wife adjust to the changes. You are lucky that she is as accepting as she is.

Beth
    Oh, how I wish....

Quote Originally Posted by CDVeronica2 View Post
    1. If I shaved off my mustache would she help me learn how to put on makeup? Her answer was "I suppose I could do that." (It was said much more positively than the words look when put in writing)

2. Would she be willing to go on a trip with me to San Francisco or Las Vegas and go out in public with me dressed as a woman? Her answer was "I don't think I could do that". While I was dissappointed with the response, I could tell from the way she said it, that she really wishes she could, but she's not ready yet.
    One step at a time!!

[size=3]Hugs xx[/size]

[size=2]"You don't have to be fat to be a lady", Sophie 2006[/size]
    [SIZE=1]"Hey, those are nice shoes, but they'd look better in my pants! ... I mean..." Robot Chicken, 2006[/SIZE]
    [size=1]"He's just said a word we don't understand! And he's won at scrabble with it!" - Eddie Izzard 1998[/size]
    [SIZE=1]"Head over heels is fine, unless you're in stilettos." -The Beautiful South, 2005[/SIZE]
    [size=1]"Forgive me. Let live, me." - Antony and the Johnsons 2005[/size]
    [SIZE="1"]"We walk amoung you..." TransAmerica, 2005[/SIZE]
    [size=3]THREAD SUCCESSFULLY HIJACKED[/size]