View Poll Results: I crossdress because...

Voters
596. You may not vote on this poll
  • I love the feel of the clothes.

173 29.03%
  • To express my feminine side.

149 25.00%
  • I am a woman in a man's body.

81 13.59%
  • I am a "Drag Queen".

2 0.34%
  • It's a sexual/fetish thing for me.

100 16.78%
  • I honestly don't know why I crossdress.

57 9.56%
  • Other. Please explain.

34 5.70%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I crossdress because...

I crossdress because...

I was just wondering about percentages and how they work out among CDs. Why do we do it?

It used to be, mostly, a sexual turn-on for me but as time went by that has passed. Now I just love the sensuality, not sexuality, of the clothes.
    Last edited by Lawren; 08-16-2006 at 09:36 AM.

It's sensuously fun and satisfying...

It has taken me many years to figure out why I love becoming Karen but I think I have figured it out -- finally!

It's vanity. I can't stand my looks as a guy. I try to avoid looking at my guy-self in the mirror and hate having my picture taken (yes, it's psychotic, but what are you going to do?).

But I love the way Karen looks. I can stare at her all day.

When you add how sensuous the clothing feels along with the fragrances of perfume and makeup (love the taste of lipstick!), I am swept away!

Good Witch of the South Atlanta Peach GG's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawren View Post
    I was just wondering about percentages and how they work out among CDs. Why do we do it?
    A couple years back MSNBC did a speical about how guys' brains who dress have a female-like brain.........they had done cat-scans on men who dressed and then the TS's who had transistioned and found they had female-like brains. The 2 brain lobes tend to be closer together in a woman, and if I recall female brains that have the closer lobes like this are feminine and have greater femme tendencies. It talked about the neurons being passed back and forth between the left and right sides of the brain in genetic females, and many of the CD's and TS's they studied had the same kind of distance between the 2 lobes.........

I have forgotten all the details of the show, but it was very informative. I suspect as a little boy you were digging through your mom's things and you may very well have one of those "female" brains I just talked about.

You are not alone in this, so you can rest assured that there are others here and around the world who have the same feelings as you.

Looking for friends Karen Edmonton's Avatar

I can't imagine not dressing !

Quote Originally Posted by Lawren View Post
    For me , I dress because that's who I am . I can't imagine not dressing ! I first put on womens cloth at age 5 . It has always been a natural thing for me . It's as much a part of me as my hand , foot , etc. I'm not trying to attract anyone , it's just me ! I love how I feel when I dress , complete !
    This girl just wants to have fun !!!

Well because I'm driven to dress...like butterflys are driven to migrate....the urge is overwhelming at times. And there's nothing I can do about it!! Not as though I want to quit because I don't. Love my enfemme time too much for that to ever happen......again!! Hehe

Love Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Well for me I'll have to agree with Karen and Karen, on this one.

I don't really like how I look as my maleself, avoid having pictures taken as well. I do however like how I look as my femmeself. As for dressing it's a natural extention of myself. Even to the extent of having electrolysis and other things done to make me more presentable as a woman. Do I want SRS, no not at this time in my life. It would present way too much grief for my family, friends and career.

Huggs, Renee

Atlanta Peach,

I saw the same MSNBC story and felt that it struck a cord with me. It made a lot of sense, but honestly I don't need to know why.

I love the whole experience of dressing. It's much more than the clothes because "make up" is just as exciting to me and lingerie, or a blouse and skirt.

I am driven to dress and to be as feminine as I possibly can be. From the high heels to the hat on top of the wig....and every luscious piece in between. It's such an intoxicating high for me. Thank God I have I am who I am and can express myself and live as I want!!

Jane Shaw

I cross dress because..

I cross dress because ifeel more femine than masculine. Wearing womens' clothes helps me achieve the femininity I have so desired since the age of 5. I just love to try and look pretty, wearing pretty frilly undies and just being femine - who do girls want to look pretty and attractive?? Well I am no different and would just love to be treated and loved as a woman

Love to all

Jane

PS There is nothing like the feel of silky lace underwear and stockings just sheer heaven fo any girlie girl.

Not your typical girl Lissa Stevens's Avatar
    It just feels natural to crossdress. Even though I know it IS considered crossdressing, as I am a guy, it doesn't feel like it to me.
    [SIZE="2"]Melissa[/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"]I'm still standin'
    Better than I ever did
    Lookin' like a true survivor
    Feeling like a little kid
    [/SIZE]

Banned Read only
    .... I'm a clothes horse and confining myself to just one gender was boring. Just as listening to only one kind of music, eating one kind of food, reading one kind of book would be dull.

Quote Originally Posted by tekla west View Post
    .... I'm a clothes horse and confining myself to just one gender was boring. Just as listening to only one kind of music, eating one kind of food, reading one kind of book would be dull.
    Well Kat, I think I could stay unbored for a long period of time wearing a LBD, eating chineese food, watching Stargate SG-1 reruns and reading comic books!! Hehehe As long as I could take a break to play some hockey!!

Love Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Smile

[SIZE="3"]I crossdress because I am transgendered. I present as a man but am a woman on the inside but have no desire to go through gender reassignment and I love the feel of the clothes.

Anna x
    [/SIZE]
    Last edited by Siobhan Marie; 08-30-2006 at 03:30 PM. Reason: original post was not right
    [SIZE="3"]I need to be on the outside, who I am on the inside[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know[/SIZE]

Ooo, choices choices

Well I wanted to say "Cos I love the feel of the clothes" as well as "Expressing my femme side" ... but it wouldn't let me have both.

So for the record: Girlies just have much more and much better clothes - they look nicer, feel nicer and come is so many more shapes and sizes than guy clothes!

Just wanna be a girlie all the time so I can wear all these nice clothes
    Fiona

---
    Does my bum look big in this?

http://uk.360.yahoo.com/fionasboots

Silver Member
    I crossdress because of .......all of the above.

Platinum Member
    i voted outher .....

why do i dress???? well i am not like saying it's all abought the clouthes , because it is abought the clouthes ..,

and the sexual/fetish thing well that's not it eather ,

....and To express my feminine side. well kinda hard not to have a feminine side when your all dressed up and womens clouthing now isn't it ???

now intresting thought I am a "Drag Queen". well i never thought abought me as a drag queen no that's not it ....

and then ...I honestly don't know why I crossdress.ok well thats not it see if i did not crossdress then Wendy would be in drabs ... and then Wendy would be crossdressed in "HIS" clouthes and that's just too weird for me to think abought......

see that should be clear .....

Aloha,
    A bit of all of the above. I too love the sensuality wearing sexy lingerie. While I do enjoy being male, I do need to be en femme. I see it as a balance to my soul.
    [SIZE=3]XOXO[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]CammyT[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]Have Fun and If You Play, Always Play Safe[/SIZE]

I cross dress because,lets see #1. No i think #3,No #5, oh me oh my i can't make up my mind.hehehe
    Honestly i would say it is the 1st 3. I really would like go further but.....
    Hope this helps your poll dear.
    Janelle

I crossdress for several of the reasons given, so I voted "Other"

Not just a pig-n-lipstick
    Too bad this wasn't a multiple selection poll, I dress for several of the reasons listed so I had to go with "Other" and here's why:

Before I went all the way with an outfit and clothes specifically purchased for Ellie I dressed mostly because "I love the feel of the clothes." and because I dressed so little (hose, heels, and garters) "It [was] a sexual/fetish thing for me."

Now that I have fully dressed and presented myself as Ellie I dress more "To express my feminine side." and rarely go without a bra, forms, wig, make up, etc.

Of course I still love the feel of the clothes and I very much enjoy sex while dressed.

I crossdress because all my male clothes are dirty.

Aspiring Member

I crossdress because!

Like most of you are saying.

Because I really am a girl inside and just want to be outside as well in a nano second i would change and never go back.

Just to be female and be able to dress once and for all just as i do really please to dress.

Hmmm And Ummm>

Oh well!

Jay Suzy!

My Other:

I fit into most of the catagories you mention, or have done at some point in my life. My experience of dressing, and my perspective on its moral, social and expressionistic implications have changed over the two or three years I've dressed quite seriously.

Originally, it was fetish dressing - going for high heels etc to get my kicks. But soon this became a serious expression of my feminine side, which had been suppressed for a long time. At this point, it was quite subconciously important to pass - but now, not so much. I want to make a statement with my dressing in the coming years. "Yes, there are those of us out there who dress like this, and don't give a toss about your cisgendered views!" College will be the perfect place for me to come out -- the Theatrical Community, Open-minded students (my peers), and a fresh bunch of faces, meaning I can be who I want to, when I want, and people will probably accept me for who I am, before there is any possibility of forming a cisgendered opinion of me.

That's the plan anyway, and no one can predict the future with enough accuracy to see what'll happen to me and my femme side.

[size=3]Hugs xx[/size]

[size=2]"You don't have to be fat to be a lady", Sophie 2006[/size]
    [SIZE=1]"Hey, those are nice shoes, but they'd look better in my pants! ... I mean..." Robot Chicken, 2006[/SIZE]
    [size=1]"He's just said a word we don't understand! And he's won at scrabble with it!" - Eddie Izzard 1998[/size]
    [SIZE=1]"Head over heels is fine, unless you're in stilettos." -The Beautiful South, 2005[/SIZE]
    [size=1]"Forgive me. Let live, me." - Antony and the Johnsons 2005[/size]
    [SIZE="1"]"We walk amoung you..." TransAmerica, 2005[/SIZE]
    [size=3]THREAD SUCCESSFULLY HIJACKED[/size]

It's mostly I like the feel of the clothes, but it is also vanity about my body (especially the legs) and I think a lot of female outfits show it off well, and then there is just a general cozy feeling I get those times when I can be dressed and be around other people and talking and joking and all that, and it all being normal and accepted.

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta Peach GG View Post
    A couple years back MSNBC did a speical about how guys' brains who dress have a female-like brain.........they had done cat-scans on men who dressed and then the TS's who had transistioned and found they had female-like brains. The 2 brain lobes tend to be closer together in a woman, and if I recall female brains that have the closer lobes like this are feminine and have greater femme tendencies. It talked about the neurons being passed back and forth between the left and right sides of the brain in genetic females, and many of the CD's and TS's they studied had the same kind of distance between the 2 lobes.........

Mm yes Ive heard of this before. When I was at University we briefly touched on it too. Very interesting thought. I have to admit that most of the Crossdressers I know and love are definitely more sensitive human beings in general than your regular guy. Altho I stress only most, some are real rotters and every bit the man in a womans dress..
    BEVxxxx

The easiest way to say it is this...
    I dont cross dress. I wear the cloths that I am supposed too. I just have the wrong body.