Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bad shopping experience -- Walgreens

Sounds rubbish!! Better not shop there again.

[size=3]Hugs xx[/size]

[size=2]"You don't have to be fat to be a lady", Sophie 2006[/size]
    [SIZE=1]"Hey, those are nice shoes, but they'd look better in my pants! ... I mean..." Robot Chicken, 2006[/SIZE]
    [size=1]"He's just said a word we don't understand! And he's won at scrabble with it!" - Eddie Izzard 1998[/size]
    [SIZE=1]"Head over heels is fine, unless you're in stilettos." -The Beautiful South, 2005[/SIZE]
    [size=1]"Forgive me. Let live, me." - Antony and the Johnsons 2005[/size]
    [SIZE="1"]"We walk amoung you..." TransAmerica, 2005[/SIZE]
    [size=3]THREAD SUCCESSFULLY HIJACKED[/size]

Code

I'd have met them "head on" and challenged why they called for a "code" in cosmetics. I'd demand to know why so many people were so interested in me being there. Then again Ericka (or Richard) is no pushover and I don't get intimidated easily. I usually try to turn the tables on the other guy. I figure my money is just as green as the next guy (or girl) and I owe an explanation to no one. The guy who asked you about your wife may have been nervous and just trying to start a conversation. Just ignore the idiots and shopping will be okay. Ericka

Good Witch of the South Atlanta Peach GG's Avatar
    In this age of "self check-outs" I vote for some place like Walmart........they are too busy to be breathing down your neck asking if they can "help you".........

I think Walmart may be cheaper too with their cosmetics. After you select what you want go up to their "self check out"..........

Sabrina, that is a terrible experience, and I am afraid I would have left my basket of/arm load of make up at the counter and say that you will be taking your business elsewhere. That's just terrible on what happened and I am sorry you had to go though it.

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta Peach GG View Post
    In this age of "self check-outs" I vote for some place like Walmart........they are too busy to be breathing down your neck asking if they can "help you".........

I think Walmart may be cheaper too with their cosmetics. After you select what you want go up to their "self check out"..........
    Ironically, that's pretty much what my wife more or less told me when I first told her the story.. "Why'd you go to Walgreens? Wal-Mart's cheaper!" and of course, I've -never- been approached by anyone at Wal-Mart trying to help me. So maybe that is the answer. I do know that my second makeup purchase (mascara, a couple eyeliner pencils, etc.) ended up being from Wal-Mart.. and it was a much easier and happier experience for me.

Sabrina

you have to admit it is unusual for a guy to buy a lot of make up without
    a list or help .If you want to browse try walmart if I buy from shoppers etc
    drab I usually know what I want and will let the sales girl get it for me if she wants