Thread: An observation

An observation

In this forum and on other sites I have read many experiences that CDs have had where they have been stopped by the police while driving enfemme. Is it my imagination or does it seem that there are many more of these incidents for CDs then there are for the general public. I have only been in a moving vehicle enfemme probably a dozen times or little more, with not stops. In my drab life I haven't been stopped in thirty years. So, is it my imagination that the incident rate is high for CDs, or is it possible that many such stories are fabricated? As the title of this thread states, just an observation.
    [SIZE="1"]Hopefully coming to grips with getting older[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]http://360.yahoo.com/randi_789[/SIZE]

Living and Enjoying Life Kristen Kelly's Avatar
    [SIZE="3"]Not exactly being stopped by police but my car broke down 3 blocks from my house, every officer on duty that night got a "look" at me and I rode home in the tow truck cab. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"]Life Begins When You Stop Worrying What Other People Think[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]
    Walk TALL SMILE and be CONFIDENT all will be OK
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]It's Brave to be Different, Be Brave Too, Accept Me for Who I am ![/SIZE]

Gold Member
    I think more is said about it because of being a man in a dress.

Randi -- I think that maybe the incident rate is higher for women being stopped by police than for men. Therefore, if you are CDing and stopped by the police, you may be included in the number of women being stopped. I doubt that, in general, a police officer could ascertain that you are a CD until he stops you. Thus a CD is being stopped as a woman and not, I believe, for being a CD. This may sound genderist, but I know some younger officers, when the shift is quiet, do stop vehicles just to break up the time.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

Police.

I dunno, Randi, I think it's the fact that we are just so damn cute, the boys in blue think they might get a date. Who knows how many are Bi or whatever. They say 10% of the population is TG... Ericka Kay

I've never driven while "en femme", but I assume that my attention would be reduced, in part at least, in reason of the excitation and of the sensations that this would create in me. Hence I might be more prone to commit some minor driving errors, just the kind that would attract the eye of a police officer...

In one of the stories told here, the person who was driving while x-dressed had forgotten to put her turn signal. That may be due to the causes I described above. That had attracted the police attention.

On an excellent TV show on brain functionning, the researchers were demonstrating that "lying" was consumming a lot more of our brain capacities than telling the truth. This isn't to say that x-dressing is anything like lying, but it is about being a different person than we are genetically. This must also take some additional brain energy.

But I'm only speculating

Eugenie

Aspiring lady of leisure kay_jessica's Avatar
    The other thing to consider, is that, in addition to the minor driving error, a lot of CDs drive after dark often late at night. In the UK the traffice police just love to find a reason to stop you just so they can get the quota of breath tests done. During the day they turn a blind eye to the most idiot of drivers. You can be tailgated by a car doing 70+ up the motor way and the police won't even bother giving chase to the idiot. Clip a kirb or forget to signal a turn at midnight then its blue flashing lights.

Go here for ID.Show that too a cop.http://www.siandra.com/mfid.htm
    [SIZE=1][/SIZE]

Aspiring Member
    "touch wood" I've not been stopped by the polce whilst driving en femme, but have been stopped at least half a dozen times otherwise (and arrested once, but that's another story!) - does that redress your balance randi?

I think it is because we're so preoccupied with being seen that we're more prone to break a traffic law.

Myself I've had an encounter with the police but i wasn't driving at the time. I was in a public park after hours and the officer stopped to see what I was doing there. I drove into the park but was out of my truck walking when the car came down the lane.

ttfn
    Hugs and kisses Brenda

Redhead Ready to Rock Bobbie cd's Avatar
    I know it sounds almost too cliche to be true, but belive me when I tell you that it is.

The very first time I ever got up the courage to drive around in my vehicle (at night) while dressed enfemme, I had an encounter with the police. As posted elsewhere, I stopped in front of a closed store to get a soda from the machine. Little did I know that in response to recent burglary problems, the police were keeping a close eye on the area. Sure enough, seeing a vehicle parked in front of a closed store, they had to check it out. Fortunately for me, they were very professional and after checking my id and my story, they let me go without any further trouble.

Silver Member
    This is a CD forum. Every story about being stopped by the police will be slanted from that angle.

Don't worry about it. There is no great conspiracy on the part of the cops to harras us.

Steph

what I would like to know is what do you say to a cobber um, HELLO HELLO
    Love as always Jasminexxxxxxxx