Thread: Basic Day Eye Makeup Suggestions

happy to be here

Basic Day Eye Makeup Suggestions

A CD friend asked me to make suggestions for eye makeup. I thought I would share my description.

Map out the area of the eyes that will have makeup: Take a pencil eye liner as your guide. Place the pencil from your nose to the end of your eye brow on a diagonal. This will give you an imaginery, diagonal line within which to apply the makeup. Try not to put shadow horizontally on the lid beyond that imaginary line because it can visually drag the eyes downward. Eyes should in theory, be smiling upward.

3 warm eye shadow colours for tired or mature eyes: I would start with a 1st highlight colour like matte finish, neutral skin tone or light beige eye shadow as a base, to cover the entire eye lid area, both lower and upper (convex). Then I would suggest a 2nd recessive warm taupe or light brown to use as your shaper (concave). The taupe would go along the crease line, blended between lower and upper lids, from about the middle of the pupil to the end of the crease. I would then take a 3rd eye shadow colour to define the outside edges (contour). I suggest for dark hair colour, either a charcoal or a dark brown colour. For light coloured hair brown works well. Using a fine brush, imagine a diagonal "<" and ">" on the outside edge. This coulour should start thin from the middle / pupil and progressively become thicker toward the end point, both above and below the outer edge.

Eye liner: Either a coordinating charcoal or dark brown. Again progressively from thin line to more thick at the edges, from the middle of the lid to the corner edge. Try not to extend the line beyond the edge. Always try to have a slightly upwards point at the end. Imagine your eyes are smiling.

Mascara: With dark hair, I would always recommend black. With light coloured hair, black/brown mascara works very well. Apply slowly from the base of the lash upward. I would not bother with mascara on the lower lashes if you already have shadow and liner. *I personally do not like to use an eyelash curler. Instead, I suggest a mascara that actually curls the lashes. Never pump the tube because it causes the mascara to dry out faster. Never keep mascara longer than 6 months because it can become contaminated over time.

For a more dramatic evening look there are of course many more options for colours. Keep in mind that a frosted eye shadow can sometimes draw more attention to lines and creases in mature skin. Colours like pink, purple, red or burgundy can sometimes have the effect of making eyes look tired or like you have been crying. I would suggest that if you choose to use these colours, do so very sparingly.

Hope this helps!

I think a friend of mine, who works in a beauty shop, basically told me what you've just decribed - so I think I follow most of what you say.

It's also good just to experiment with colour, shape etc and see what best fits you... but the diagonal line lesson is an excellent one to learn!!

Thank you admirerplus xx

[size=3]Hugs xx[/size]

[size=2]"You don't have to be fat to be a lady", Sophie 2006[/size]
    [SIZE=1]"Hey, those are nice shoes, but they'd look better in my pants! ... I mean..." Robot Chicken, 2006[/SIZE]
    [size=1]"He's just said a word we don't understand! And he's won at scrabble with it!" - Eddie Izzard 1998[/size]
    [SIZE=1]"Head over heels is fine, unless you're in stilettos." -The Beautiful South, 2005[/SIZE]
    [size=1]"Forgive me. Let live, me." - Antony and the Johnsons 2005[/size]
    [SIZE="1"]"We walk amoung you..." TransAmerica, 2005[/SIZE]
    [size=3]THREAD SUCCESSFULLY HIJACKED[/size]

Thanks!

Thanks for the great advice! This is one to print out.
    In the end, once all is said and done, and we have exhausted the analysis, this is all about having fun and girlls just want to have fun!!!!!!!!

Hi, Thanks for the tips! That's pretty much how I've been doing my makeup for a long time, but it's good to review!

One thing that you mentioned that just does not work for me is curling mascara. The only way I can get curly lashes is to use an eyelash curler, this is based on decades of trying.

Thanks and
    Carol
    My name is Carol.

Thanks for the tips!! Always better to hear it from a professional woman!! Hehehe

Love Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Always good to hear from our sisters. Good advice is never old.

Love Alice