Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: To Shave thy leggs or not to shave thy legs.

Cheerleading For You. Amber_8281's Avatar

Red face To Shave thy leggs or not to shave thy legs.

Ok here is on for you. I have been thinking about shaving my legs so I will look better when I wear skirts. But I also do a lot of outside work. Like moweing and cutting trees and stuff. And I go o friend house and stay the night. So what I am asking is. IS it worth doing it and possably getting caught and questioned. Why???? And if I do what should I say for a excuse. B/C I just can't come out and say. "It looks better in a skirt." Right now I am just starting collage and trying to set my rep. As a pc technication. And I do go place to see and do work for clients. I need help with this one. And suggestions. And you can't forget I CD in private because I sill live with my parents. But I live in my basement so hey don't bother me that much.

Please Help.

I dont think it is such a big deal anymore, especially in younger generations. My son has shaved his for years (no he's not TG). He plays soccer and tapes his shin pads to his legs. OUCH!

I see some of my students with shaved legs and pits. No one thinks twice about it.

I wouldnt worry about it. Most people wouldnt even notice to be honest, but if you are really concerned, wait until school starts and you are covered up.

Kimberley.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

www.transgenderlondon.com

Venus and Mars are not aligned; Good thing.
    Where are all the rumballs?
    I may not soar with eagles, but then weasels dont get sucked into jet engines...

Amber,

Most people simply just don't notice if your legs are shaved or not. And if anyone did, you can always say it's cooler in hot weather with your legs shaved (true). Since you do mowing and tree cutting, you can also say that it's a lot easier to deal with bandages on injuries from those jobs with smooth skin (pulling band-aids off hairy body parts is a real pain). Or you can claim to have taken up a sport in which athletes shave their bodies - such as swimming, bicycling, weight lifting, etc.

As for the question, "Is it worth it?", only you can answer that. I do know that for me, after I shaved my legs for the first time (over 30 years ago) I wanted to keep them shaved all the time (not always possible - but kept them shaved more times than not). I have worn shorts in the summer with shaved legs for many, many years and never had a comment from anyone about it. In fact the only times I have had any questions about my legs being shaved was when I acted in female roles on stage in amateur drama productions. One female actor in one of these productions complimented me on my legs and then said, "I wish my husband would shave his legs."
    Phoebe

Honestly, I would have to say about 50% of my friends shave their whole (or most) of their bodies. They are (as far as I know) straight guys, with no CD tendancies. Especially if you have a decent amount of upper body strength, the hair gets in the way of showing off your manly physique. No one really says anything. I started shaving my bad, because its really hairy. My mom saw my electric razor I bought and was like "Whats it for?" and I was like "I have a hairy back. I think its unattractive." and she was like "Okay, just don't get hair all over the place." and that was that.

I also still live in my parent's basement while at college...but they do tend to bother me alot. My dad even barged in without knocking earlier!

Thanks

Ok Well I don't get out much because I live outside of a small city. And I live on a farm. So I don't get out much. But I do fell better now.

Thank you

If you search for earlier threads on this topic, you will find that this is a recurring question, with consistent responses, 'no one cares.' Unless your legs are exceptionally hairy, no one will notice the difference. If you cycle, swim run, or work out, you will see that many guys shave. With the 'metrosexual' trend, lots of younger guys shave, pluck their brows, ets. In the unlikely event that someone does notice and the more unlikely event that they enquire, the best response, "my girlfriend prefers it." Just make a point of looking at guys in shorts. You will probably be surprised how many hairless legs you see.
    If your legs are well-tanned, it won't be as noticeable. I have just forgotten about it. I have had a few nice comments on my legs, but none about them being shaved.
    You simply cannot dress without shaving your legs, and it is soooo rewarding!
    regards, w

I can only say what my experience has been. No one notices or cares from what I've seen so far. I walk around town, go in hardware stores, gas the car, shop at Walmart, go in the post office. All in shorts with shaved legs. No one has said boo. And BTW, the shorts are off the women's rack, as are the sneakers and ankle high socks.

Last week I RV'ed at the lake with friends. Sat in recliners, walked around swam in the lake, walked the dogs, chatted; all while wearing my women's shorts. Again no one cared, noticed, or said anything. Maybe cause I keep my legs shaved so close. Probably if the hair was two-three weeks of growth people would say I should shave or take notice of the stubble. I've had shaved arms for some time and I don't get any notice there either.

I have pierced ears with silver & diamond looking stones. No mention of them either or my bleached blonde long hair. I tend to think the biggest obsticle is just in my own mind.

Knowing that, I will be interfacing with relatives this coming week. But plan to stick to long pants, just so there are no unwanted questions. Of course my shaved arms will be exposed even so. But I've gotten to where I don't concern myself with my hairless arms anymore.

Hopefully I can reach the same point with my legs.
    Last edited by barbie lanai; 08-20-2006 at 11:03 PM.
    [SIZE="3"]
    *** Barbie Lanai ***
    [/SIZE]

how about, cause you like it like that. what other explanation do you need? *chuckles*

it's cooler in the hot sun perhaps if you do a lot of work outside

You have already gotten some excellent advice.I'm for shaving. Can not stand hair on my body except on my head. For you though, ask yourself if you really care about what these people think or might rudely say? Just tell them it's more comfortable, which would not be a lie, and leave it at that. No other explaination should be nesessary. Bottom line is the choice is your's alone to make. Love and xxxx, Lily
    Comfortable in my own skin.

"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity, and never cease to be amazed by it!" Lazarus Long

Well I already don't care what people think about me. And I guess it would be more comfortable. But I guess we will see. I am just a little nervous about it still. It is kinda a big change for me. But it all for a greater purpose. Plus it has it advantages as well.

Thanks
    Last edited by Amber_8281; 08-21-2006 at 12:15 AM.

Thumbs up Shaving

Hi Amber, There is nothing better then shaved legs!!!! When pantyhose, stockings or thighighs are put on the silkiness is indescribable. soooo sexy.
    I have been shaving my legs and pits for the better part of 45 yrs and wouldn't have it any other way.

Love BonnieAnne:GE:
    "to thine own self be true"

Been shaving my legs since my teens... no-one has ever said anything.
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]

I wouldn't worry about it, many 'guys' shave their legs anyway, especially those partaking in certain sports (cycling, swimmers to name just two).

I epilate mine these days, which is harder to do stealthy, and I sunbathed quite happily during the heatwave we had here in July, without any comments.
    Kaitlynn (nee Lyn-Jean)
    .-=^=-.

My Blog!

Ask the wife she says no thats it
    Love as always Jasminexxxxxxxx

Mine have been shaved for over 20 years, No one has ever said a word about them.

Well that is part of the problem,the girls who have been shaving for twenty years,well no one would say any thing,thats how they know you! but a hairy guy like me!,one day you are the next day your not! yeal thats the problem! xoxoxox Jennifer

Quote Originally Posted by jennifer easton View Post
    Well that is part of the problem,the girls who have been shaving for twenty years,well no one would say any thing,thats how they know you! but a hairy guy like me!,one day you are the next day your not! yeal thats the problem! xoxoxox Jennifer
    True, but the day after that, you are hairless like you were the day before. Feeling wierd about it wears off quickly, and most people just don't care, if they even notice. I remove all my body hair, have for a few years (I don't shave, I use Veet), and only one person has ever said anything. I got much more of a reaction when I pierced my ears, which is kinda wierd to me, since so many guys have both ears pierced nowadays. I guess, as you said, it's because it's a change. But after a day or two, that was no big deal, either. Just tell'em you're more comfortable that way. If anyone persists, which would be surprising, Ask them who's body it is, and to mind their own business.

Hugs,

Melissa
    What's the point of instruments, words are a sawed off shotgun-Radiohead

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/melissa.c.keiper

Aspiring Member
    I find that most people don't care.

Smile

I hope not because I did it and they fell great. It makes wearing skirts so much earier and I look a lot better with them shave. expeclly in my blue jene mini and my cheerleader skirt. Plus it make heels look a lot better now to.

Thanks for the postive reenformance. It helped alot. Now to get up the nerve to take some pictures. Maybe We will see.
    Cheerleading Is only fun when a friend is there to do it with you.

I wear shorts at work and shave my legs a couple times a week. Love them this way and no one has said anything.

Do whatever makes you happy. I read a great quote on someones profile that said: "Be who you are. Those that matter won't mind and those that mind don't matter.”

Kate xxx
    I am only a cross dresser when I don't crossdress!

About Me: http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...595#post306595

"I don't want the world to see me, cause I don't think that they'd understand. When everything's made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am" - Goo Goo Dolls

[SIZE="3"]www.HappyDressers.com[/SIZE] - Where cross dressers go to be happy!

I shave my legs and nobody says a thing.

I have shaved for about 4 years and love every minute of it. I have gotten looks when in shorts (mostly old people), but no one has said anything. I wouldn't grow hair on my leggs again for anything!!!
    Huggs, Shelly.
    Huggs, Shelly.

Blessed are the cracked, They let the light in.

Lightbulb hair

If someone does asked tell them that your girl talked you into doing it and now she want let you out if you don't keep them shaved plus you like it

Shave em!!!! You can get away with it...and also heck just wear jeans instead of shorts when in guy mode. You look nicer that way anyway. 95% of guys look aweful in shorts anyway.