Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Falling bra straps

Falling bra straps

Hi girls, I have been going through the same problem for awhile now, my bra straps keep falling off my shoulders. What is the problem and how can I fix it?

Love; BonnieAnne:GE:
    "to thine own self be true"

Cheerleading For You. Amber_8281's Avatar
    Normally when that happens to me. i just tighten the strap a little til it fells firm. and It tends to quit.

Our Straps

Yes, I have that problem too. I seems to me that our problem is not feminine girls shoulders (I wish) but that we don't have any weight in our bras. As a recent bra wearer with low level inserts, (socks with bird seed) I have gained some weight in my bra and this helps. I don't know what the more expensive purchased breast forms do weight-wise but I assume they provide weight as well as shape. Thats my view to date. As I haven't progressed to more fancy breast forms yet I cannot vouch for any. There is a wonderful breast form thead on this website which I haven't fully explored to date. I recommend you do so. Our lady friends are very helpful.

Frances

Dam, I'm trying to give you a flowing rose here. But it won't work. So I give you the sentiment instead.

Straps

Tighten it, get a smaller bra or bigger boobs.. Ericka

Say you bloody thing you will stay up then tigten the strap and go on your mary way.....
    Love as always Jasminexxxxxxxx

Arrow This is common

It doesn't matter if you tighten the straps - they will still fall off!!

The problem is with having a flat chest.

If you had breast forms (I don't yet so do not know for sure), the weight of your boobs will pull the straps down onto your shoulders. Hopefully, the straps will pull your boobs up to support them as well.

switch to "T"back or racer back bras - they dont fall off the shoulder

Jenn

Well this is common for GGs and us alike and I think it depends a lot on the style and cut of the bra and where the straps attach both in the front and back. Some bras have the straps way to the outside, to be worn with low cut tops with larger neck openings and these straps tend to be closer to the edge of the sholder. Where as other bras have the front strap centered over the breast and the rear one attached closer to the middle, for more high cut tops.

So you can either find a new bra that has the straps further away from the sholder or if you have the type that has rear straps that detach you could try criss crossing them..

It's really a pretty simple 3D beam/truss - force/stress/strain problem...kind of like a bridge structure except instead of steel members you have spandex...lol. I could probably design a pretty good steel bra but then only engineers would appreciate that and it probably wouldn't sell to well..might have rust problems too....

If all else fails, larger breasts, tighten the bra and the straps until you can't breath anymore and duct tape should do the trick!! Hehehe

Love Karren
    Last edited by Karren H; 08-21-2006 at 08:28 AM.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

If Karren's duct tape and all else fails try a smidge of It Stays adhesive.

Hugs, Deena

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    It's really a pretty simple 3D beam/truss - force/stress/strain problem...kind of like a bridge structure except instead of steel members you have spandex...lol. I could probably design a pretty good steel bra but then only engineers would appreciate that and it probably wouldn't sell to well..might have rust problems too....
    Well may you joke, Karren, but you're right: it takes an engineer to design a high-performance brasiere. I think you might find this page interesting: http://www.bikiniscience.com/chronol..._S/JR4310.html

Howard Hughes designs the steel underwire push-up bra for sweater girl Jane Russell to wear in The Outlaw. Hughes, an airplane designer, adopts modern technologies to up-lift the contour of the bosom.
    Robin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Gold Member
    Well showing your bra strap is in style isn't it? But my self I don't buy a bra if the straps aren't made of some type of elastic or spandex that way they grab your shoulder tighter with out the digging in.

Meta????? Safety Bra

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Leigh View Post
    Well may you joke, Karren, but you're right: it takes an engineer to design a high-performance brasiere. I think you might find this page interesting: http://www.bikiniscience.com/chronol..._S/JR4310.html
    Robin
    Good point, Robin!! We may have just stumbled upon the Metabrestal Steel Plated Safety Bra!! (Metatarsal - foot, Metacarpal - hand....)

Got to call OSHA and see if I can get it mandated by the government, and if we write the regs vague enough men may be required by law to wear a saftey bra on the job site!! Hehehe

Love Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Dunno, but.......

When I was using lighter stuffings....the straps tended to fall, but after buying "realistic" forms relative to weight, the straps stopped falling off?? But if that hypothesis is correct...then why do GG's have the same problem??

Oh... I'm so confused!!!

Properly weighted breast forms will help significantly. This may also be a sign that you are wearing the wrong bra size and/or that you need to shorten the straps a bit. Lastly, remember that even GGs periodically have this happen. If it really bothers you, wear racerback bras.

Erica
    For photos on flickr, my user name is cd_erica_f

This will be a problem if you're not using weighted breast forms.

Vikki

I feel your pain

I often have the same issue, when I wear bras with straps, anyway

S.s.

Hey Karren, How about Stainless Steel to avoid the rust problem. We use it a lot where I work.

Banned Read only
    See the Strap-Mate and other similar products...

FashionForms

Quote Originally Posted by suzy View Post
    Dunno, but.......

When I was using lighter stuffings....the straps tended to fall, but after buying "realistic" forms relative to weight, the straps stopped falling off?? But if that hypothesis is correct...then why do GG's have the same problem??

Oh... I'm so confused!!!
    It has been written that 80% of women are wearing the wrong bra size.

If straps fall, both gg's and cd's need to be fitted properly.

Banned Read only
    Deep South, the land of Magnolia trees, Mint Juleps on the verandah ,hoop skirts & antebellum homes.
    google search: bra strap keeper

My straps fall down within 30 seconds. I have generally just chosen to not wear bras, I find them uncomfortable anyway.

Silver Member
    There are a few reasons that bra straps fall down. Most have been touched on above. It is important to realize that GGs bra straps fall down a lot too. This does not make it right, but could be thought of as a charming feminine gesture; reaching into your top to readjust your straps. However for those who grow tired of this:
    1.) Wear weighted breast forms. This can often make all the difference.
    2.) Snug the straps up a bit. This doesn't work if it just hikes the bra up a bit more each time you do it. (see #1 above)
    3.) Get a bra strap keeper. This connects the straps in back and makes it impossible for them to fall down.
    4.) Wear a racer-back bra.
    5.) Pin them to your top. My GF in highschool used to do this all the time.
    6.) Remember that womens' shoulders are usually much flatter than mens', ie, most of us have a much greater slope to our shoulders. Bra straps, shoulder bag straps, etc., tend to fall off much more easily. This we can do nothing about.
    Have I missed anything?

Lovies,
    Stephenie
    Last edited by Stephenie S; 08-21-2006 at 06:05 PM.

falling bra straps

i dont mind my bra straps falling,i feel real girlie having to adjust them occasionally.

Quote Originally Posted by sharon2 View Post
    i dont mind my bra straps falling,i feel real girlie having to adjust them occasionally.
    I love that feeling especially if wearing a bra under a top in male mode. I have done this and have had to fix my straps and amazing the number of woman who look at you and their expression is "I know what your doing".

Gives you a nice we fuzzy feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Good point, Robin!! We may have just stumbled upon the Metabrestal Steel Plated Safety Bra!! (Metatarsal - foot, Metacarpal - hand....)

Got to call OSHA and see if I can get it mandated by the government, and if we write the regs vague enough men may be required by law to wear a saftey bra on the job site!! Hehehe

Love Karren
    You are a silly girl, Karren. But on that note, I think I ought to mention my idea for an ultra slimline bra insert filled with mercury. With the weight of those babies, bra straps would never fall off!

Seriously though, that bikiniscience site is fascinating; it looks like a mine of info & pics to browse through for anyone interested in the history & technology of bras.

I've heard of hi-tech bras using 'memory' alloys. I don't know exactly what they do for the bra, but I do know that the alloy responds to body heat. And I don't know if it gives the bra any properties that would be especially good for CDs.

Anyway, I guess I ought to say something more directly relevant to the opening post.

I have some bras that are wearable with a light filling (I currently like polyester fibre), but most of my best ones need some weight in the bosom to sit properly and for the straps to stay put. I've only ever tried water balloons for this, which work ok if you're not too ambitious.

After reading here for a while I'm currently giving serious thought to buying proper forms.

Robin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Diagonally parked in a parallel universe