Thread: Passing without make-up on?

Aspiring Member

Passing without make-up on?

What experiences do you have with passing without make-up on?

I hang around with pretty casual GGs and they don't go around with make-up on (or if they do, it's subtle enough that I can't see it).

So I'd like to be able to pass better without make-up on... but I do have imperfections in my face (e.g. acne scars) and male features that make-up helps conceal...

Thoughts?

Made up well, make up ...

should be invisible. Its purpose is to enhance the good features that are there already and hide the poor ones. The ultimate purpose is to look good, not to have good looking make up.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferMint View Post

I hang around with pretty casual GGs and they don't go around with make-up on (or if they do, it's subtle enough that I can't see it).

So I'd like to be able to pass better without make-up on... but I do have imperfections in my face (e.g. acne scars) and male features that make-up helps conceal...

Thoughts?
    Options are: a) you're drop dead gorgeous for a guy or b) your definition of "passing" is much wider than mine.

I've known one, maybe two guys who could pass without makeup, and they were professional performers with privileged features, quite young and -oh the envy!- virtually no facial hair. For the rest of us, poor mere mortals, it's mandatory multiple layered makeup.

I look like a middle aged Alice Cooper...actually a GG that was friends with my ex GG GF told me that.

Make yourself comfortable

I understand the advantage in not "having" to wear makeup all of the time. (I know this because I don't wear it 99% of the time!)

But the clean look is very attractive. Do what comes most comfortable for you. Me personnally, I prefer to wear as little as I can get away with, because it is the most natural. But I still love to have some on. And occasionally, when the time is right to doll up, so be it.

Jerry

Thoughts?
    "It takes a lot of paint to make a guy what he ain"t". Sorry about the grammar.

In our cases, it's almost always true.

Now, if you have no beard either naturally or from electrolysis, and your skin is reasonably good, you can go more sheer with foundation, but most of us have beard shadow to deal with, as well as a face that has a masculine shape, skin texture and proportion to at least some degree, so we do need more makeup than females typically do.

One thing that will feminize your face a lot is to shape your eyebrows like women do. Of course, that will look a bit strange when you are presenting as a man.

Carol
    My name is Carol.

No Makeup look

The trick is to use beard cover and/or concealer and foundation but make it look like you are not wearing makeup. This is what I do when Ericka goes out CD'd as Eric. I want to look like a woman who wants to look like a man but is not wearing makeup. So far so good for me but it takes practice and is not for the faint hearted. Ericka

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Julogden View Post
    "It takes a lot of paint to make a guy what he ain"t". Sorry about the grammar.

In our cases, it's almost always true.

Now, if you have no beard either naturally or from electrolysis, and your skin is reasonably good, you can go more sheer with foundation, but most of us have beard shadow to deal with, as well as a face that has a masculine shape, skin texture and proportion to at least some degree, so we do need more makeup than females typically do.

One thing that will feminize your face a lot is to shape your eyebrows like women do. Of course, that will look a bit strange when you are presenting as a man.

Carol
    I am doing laser hair removal on my beard so I'm mostly hairless. I only go out as a girl once every 1-2 weeks so I pluck when I can to get rid of the rest although I'm trying to cut down on my plucking since it's bad for future electrolysis.

I also got my eyebrows waxed. I guess it does kind of look weird as a guy, but I don't care a whole lot about my presentation as a guy. (lol, that's also why I look much nicer when I'm a girl, because I do care about my presentation as a girl)

Also I'm 24, which is younger than most people around here. And I have no testicles anymore and am taking estrogen.

It sounds like you're on your way to transistioning. I would find a very sheer foundation (powder or liquid) that would even out your complexion a little. Then use one of the 16 hour lipsticks in a moderate, flesh-tone to make you lips bigger but not bright. If you don't apply much of the gloss to the 16 hour type lipsticks, they can look quite natural. That could be enough to feminize your features without looking "made-up".

Sally

Last month on my vacation as Jodi, I went for 4 days enfemme with minimal makeup. The whole time I was dressed very casually--tee shirt, shorts and sandals. I used a transparent foundation, a little eye shadow, a little bit of blush, a little mascara, and a light lipstick. I had no comments made the whole time.

Jodi

Just a woman, period joanlynn28's Avatar
    I don't know but I must be doing something right. The past weekend I had to stop off at the local feedstore to purchase dogfood for my dog and her one puppie that I still have. Anyway while I was waiting for the cashier to finish ringing up the sale the owner of the store is telling her that she needs to take care of the first customer in the store (there was another couple that had walked in after me and the owner was assuming that the cashier was taking care of them and overlooking me.) I was a bit surprised when she, the cashier replied back to him "that I am taking care of her." And this happened while I was wearing my guy tee shirt and wrangler jeans. It is obviously to me that I must truely be projecting my female persona even when I am not dress in the traditional female role.
    Joan Lynn

Just a girl stranded on her little red island amongst a lovely sea of blue.

"Be who you are and say what you feel, for those that mind don't matter and those that matter don't mind."
    Dr. Seuss

On my days off, I am always en femme, but very "butch". Jeans, blouse, sneakers, earrings, nails ect. No make up except clear mascara, which I wear all the time, and lip gloss. I've been called Sir as well as Ma'am , so either they think I'm an effeminite guy, or an not too good looking woman. Gotta admit that as time goes on, adding a little make up very subtlely though, mostly to minimize the luggage under my eyes, and a little regular mascara. I'll see. The more I do, the more comfortable I am. Love and xxxx, Lily
    Comfortable in my own skin.

"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity, and never cease to be amazed by it!" Lazarus Long

The last time I could even HOPE to pass without makeup on was also the first day I needed to shave.

My beard doesnt' grow very fast, but it grows DARK. Even after a close shave (or two, or three) it STILL takes a spatula and lots of artwork to cover it up even for a few hours.

I am doing laser hair removal on my beard so I'm mostly hairless. I only go out as a girl once every 1-2 weeks so I pluck when I can to get rid of the rest although I'm trying to cut down on my plucking since it's bad for future electrolysis.

I also got my eyebrows waxed. I guess it does kind of look weird as a guy, but I don't care a whole lot about my presentation as a guy. (lol, that's also why I look much nicer when I'm a girl, because I do care about my presentation as a girl)

Also I'm 24, which is younger than most people around here. And I have no testicles anymore and am taking estrogen.
    Hi again Jennifer,

Sounds like you've got some things greatly in your favor that many of us here don't: youth, no testosterone, relatively hair-free face, and estrogen.

So it sounds like you're only concerned with what you mentioned in your original posting: acne scars and somewhat masculine features.

You can get laser skin resurfacing to help with the acne scars, and of course there are cosmetic surgeons who specialize in facial feminization surgery, so you might want to look into those for options, but of course, those are expensive long-term solutions, and I get the feeling that you're looking for something like makeup suggestions for a short-term solution.

I don't know how to cover acne scars without using very opaque makeup, unless the scars are very minor.

Makeup can do a decent job of disguising masculine features too, but again, it involves using quite a bit of makeup. Of course, with care, the makeup can be done so as to not look so made-up, which is usually the idea with any makeup, but it will be a bit harder if you're using a lot of opaque makeup.

Posting a photo of your face might help people make specific suggestions too.

Carol
    My name is Carol.

Ekkkkkkkkk

No makeup?? You really are pushing the envelope!! Hehehe. Hmmmmm No makeup, jeans and a baggy Tee shirt? Sounds like my wife! Might as well not dress at all!

Well for me makeup is half the experience. Crossdressing to look like the modern typical female who is trying to look like the typical male doesn't do a thing for me!!

Your sure your not really a GG? Sneaking in here under false pretenses??

Love Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

And there's the difference...

Karren, you've hit the nail on the proberbial head there... Doing my makeup is all part of my feminizing fantasy... it's what temporarily sends the guy-me into hiding and brings out the beautiful butterfly I pretend to be on occasion. That's what CDing is for me.

Now, if I was TS, of course I would want to be as feminine as possible without the makeup, the waist cincher, the wig, the breast forms... because that would be the real me.

As a CD, I like to try to pass, but it's not all that important any more. I just want to feel feminine for a little while.

every body is different some are young with dark beards some are older
    with grey .always use the minimal make up for day use nothing will get you spotted more than heavy make up , Walk around a mall during the day
    and a women with a lot of make up you will notice her in a crowed ,

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    No makeup?? You really are pushing the envelope!! Hehehe. Hmmmmm No makeup, jeans and a baggy Tee shirt? Sounds like my wife! Might as well not dress at all!

Well for me makeup is half the experience. Crossdressing to look like the modern typical female who is trying to look like the typical male doesn't do a thing for me!!

Your sure your not really a GG? Sneaking in here under false pretenses??

Love Karren
    I suppose you could call me a GG trapped in a man's body...